Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNRIZER is now ((AU<3)) - - - In the AppStore!!! ... (Free Update) - - - [Classic Synth!]

Comments

• Is anyone able to map MIDI bindings for Sunrizer inside of AUM? I only see one parameter for “filter frequency”.

• edited June 2018

@giku_beepstreet Hi, I use my iPhone exclusively and have the iPhone version of the app. If I remember correctly, you planned on making the iPad version Universal. Is that still part of the plan? It appears that currently this beta is iPad only, and it has me worried that the iPhone won't get the AU love. :blush: Thanks in advance for your response! :smile:

• @Hmtx said:
    Is anyone able to map MIDI bindings for Sunrizer inside of AUM? I only see one parameter for “filter frequency”.

Same +1

• @Hmtx said:

Is anyone able to map MIDI bindings for Sunrizer inside of AUM? I only see one parameter for “filter frequency”.

No there's only one so far, but it does have midi learn in the gui which is nice. Even so I hope all parameters get exposed too :)

• @Carnbot said:
    @Hmtx said:

No there's only one so far, but it does have midi learn in the gui which is nice. Even so I hope all parameters get exposed too :)

Yep - only saw the filter exposed as well. So I applied an apeMatrix LFO to it and away we go....

• @Carnbot said:
    @Hmtx said:

Have you managed to get Midi learn working at all? How about PC and bank change? ta

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Carnbot said:
    @Hmtx said:

Have you managed to get Midi learn working at all? How about PC and bank change? ta

hmm, no just tried and couldn't get midi learn working yet either, haven't tried PC etc

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@Carnbot said:
    @Hmtx said:

hmm, no just tried and couldn't get midi learn working yet either, haven't tried PC etc

Thanks for checking! :)

I've already sent a report about it a few hours back, but I'm sure he's busy taking notes for new builds.

• @giku_beepstreet
    If I have an AU instance running, and then I try to load the IAA, the IAA keeps disconnecting. This is in AUM.
    Also, I am only seeing Filter 1 frequency in the AU parameters in AUM. No other parameters are showing.

• @CracklePot said:
    @giku_beepstreet
    If I have an AU instance running, and then I try to load the IAA, the IAA keeps disconnecting. This is in AUM.
    Also, I am only seeing Filter 1 frequency in the AU parameters in AUM. No other parameters are showing.

Yep, I get the result regarding IAA disconnecting under the same circumstances.

• Unrelated question to the developer. What are the chances for zeeon for mac/pc?
    I like having smooth transitions between ios (garageband) and logic.

• The AU crashes for me in the recorder set up in AudioShare anyone else having this problem?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The AU crashes for me in the recorder set up in AudioShare anyone else having this problem?

Yes, but it is the IAA version for me. It will disconnect every time you attempt to switch to Sunrizer. Same thing happens to me in AUM. I had reported earlier that it was happening when the AU was already loaded, but it happens even if it is the only thing loaded in AUM.

• @CracklePot said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The AU crashes for me in the recorder set up in AudioShare anyone else having this problem?

Yes, but it is the IAA version for me. It will disconnect every time you attempt to switch to Sunrizer. Same thing happens to me in AUM. I had reported earlier that it was happening when the AU was already loaded, but it happens even if it is the only thing loaded in AUM.

Sitting on this

• @Jumpercollins said:

How do you load AU in AudioShare? (or its another case?)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Jumpercollins said:

How do you load AU in AudioShare? (or its another case?)

Apologies I meant to say it’s the IAA Sunrizer beta I tried to load.

• I dream about IAA being deprecated ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Hmtx said:
    The magic of Sunrizer is the mix of great sounds + low CPU usage. This app is destined to be a great AUv3 because of that. My first test was to latch and sequence as many instances as possible to see how the CPU handled the load. I had five instances on a 2015 iPad Pro... at 25% CPU ! :sunglasses: 👏🏼💪🏼

It will massively depend on what patch you use. In the past I’ve noticed that reverb adds quite a bit to the footprint. On the whole though, yes, very lightweight with a decent punch if that can be said about a supersaw synth :)

• @Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I dream about IAA being deprecated ;)

Hell yes. It creates so much overhead to write and test for iaa & au ...

I agree in theory, but what about multiple audio IAA out ports? sometimes that situation can be a desirable option.

Say you have a multi-timbral synth and you want to send to different audio ports. you don't necessarily want multiple instances then just multiple out ports.

Except when Audio units can eventually get multiple audio out ports per instance, that would make IAA then unnecessary. Unless this is possible now, I'm not sure :)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Your choice! Look at SugarBytes...

• @Carnbot said:

@Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Hell yes. It creates so much overhead to write and test for iaa & au ...

I agree in theory, but what about multiple audio IAA out ports? sometimes that situation can be a desirable option.

Say you have a multi-timbral synth and you want to send to different audio ports. you don't necessarily want multiple instances then just multiple out ports.

Except when Audio units can eventually get multiple audio out ports per instance, that would make IAA then unnecessary. Unless this is possible now, I'm not sure :)

I think the AU spec supports multiple outs. We just need the hosts to implement it

• DAMN IT!!

• Hey guys, I might be missing something but I’m having trouble syncing different instances of Sunrizer. The BPM for each instance matches AUM but the start time of the ARP is fixed (and out of phase) for each instance. It is easy to notice this when you run two arps, and also just looking at the flashing tempo light, you can see that the instances are out of sync. I figured I would ask here before reporting a beta bug. Anyone else have this figured out?

• @Hmtx said:
    Hey guys, I might be missing something but I’m having trouble syncing different instances of Sunrizer. The BPM for each instance matches AUM but the start time of the ARP is fixed (and out of phase) for each instance. It is easy to notice this when you run two arps, and also just looking at the flashing tempo light, you can see that the instances are out of sync. I figured I would ask here before reporting a beta bug. Anyone else have this figured out?

Its synchronized to note start and BPM (host transport). So most probably you need sequencer :)

• No rackview AU in GB? Only full screen. That’s a twist 😂 @giku_beepstreet

• @realdawei said:
    No rackview AU in GB? Only full screen. That’s a twist 😂 @giku_beepstreet

You want a smaller window? I can add a config for this :)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:
    No rackview AU in GB? Only full screen. That’s a twist 😂 @giku_beepstreet

You want a smaller window? I can add a config for this :)

Yep :) and preferably wide enough so that GB doesn’t automatically add its pitch/mod wheel on 12.9 inch iPad. It seems to do so if the rack view is the classic size

• As we begin to understand what it means for everything to be an AU we'll grow to appreciate "It was optimized for ipad 1."

• @giku_beepstreet hope you fix that midi bug - not being able to respond to midi C6 to B6(96..107) is a real pain in the original.

Can someone check for me please?