Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rec a gate / muting effect for use with guitar through tonestack

Hi all,
You’ve never steered me wrong before so I’m hoping I can get a good rec for an AU or other type of effect that would work well here

I’m looking for a gating / muting type of effect that would work well on my bass guitar which is running through tonestack. Think the trippy bass intro to ‘one of these days’ by Pink Floyd or this ‘hummingbird’ pedal by earthquaker devices as an example

I haven’t found pedal models in tonestack that would work but I’m sure there’s something good out there. A major plus if there’s a dynamic envelope response that would work very well with variations in pick attack!

Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Also I’m sure there’s ways I could put together patches in the model 15 or some other synths that could potentially do this but I’m hoping to avoid too much ‘programming’ and looking to just drop the effect into my virtual signal line.

Thanks again folks

• I always thought the Pink Floyd bass was done with a tempo synced delay on staccato bass notes, maybe even thumb slaps. The Hummingbird sounds and looks like a Tremolo, a really nice one, too.

If you want a good AU programmable rhythmic gate effect, take a look at the Brambos app Perforator. Also dig around in Tonestack and try some delays and tremolos. You should be able to get something similar fairly easily.

But then again, if you are looking to replicate some sound or tone exactly, I would say research the gear and processes used during the recording session, if you can dig up that info.

• Thanks for the rec, that looks perfect. Yeah that was the best example I could give that someone might be able to relate to in a practical use for the app, but what I’ll need it for is not to cover that song. I guess the part I’m thinking of is the end of the bass solo, particularly on their later live versions of the song. I digress lol. Haha, yeah and some of the tonestack presets got me close but there was way too much fiddling involved and the trem has a bit too much ‘swell’ ... I’m going for a little more digital / trancy vibe. Perforator looks perfect for that so thanks a bunch! Perhaps I’ll post an update if I remember after putting together a few patches 🙂

• @ambrosiajam said:
    Thanks for the rec, that looks perfect. Yeah that was the best example I could give that someone might be able to relate to in a practical use for the app, but what I’ll need it for is not to cover that song. I guess the part I’m thinking of is the end of the bass solo, particularly on their later live versions of the song. I digress lol. Haha, yeah and some of the tonestack presets got me close but there was way too much fiddling involved and the trem has a bit too much ‘swell’ ... I’m going for a little more digital / trancy vibe. Perforator looks perfect for that so thanks a bunch! Perhaps I’ll post an update if I remember after putting together a few patches 🙂

Please do. I would love to hear it. :)

• Perforator? I use it w/ guitar, much awesome...

• Perforator is great. Everything from trance to more subtle uses

• There is a gate, tremolo, strobe and stutter effects (and many others) in EFX- would maybe do the trick.

• So I’ve def incorporated it how I wanted to (usually with bass) but this short part of a loop I was using the guitar. Thanks again for the recs, folks!