Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New song - first in a long time.

New song on soundcloud. Indiepop. Made on my iPhone 6. Hope you like! Tell me what you think.
Cheers
Pete

Comments

• Pete - Great song - love it! You have all the performances right on. Love the backing vocals.

The mix, to my ears, needs a little work. Drums are too far back in the mix. Acoustic guitar and vocals are too in your face. Bass is also a bit hard to hear. All that being said, it may sound mixed right to you, these are just my opinions from listening on a pretty good set of computer speakers.

From a sound point of view I think it hits a very cool, retro-ish, indie sound. I might play a bit with the sound of the backing vocals - just to mix the character of the lead vocal from them. Just a little. Maybe make them a bit more nasally?

Also, the ending strikes me that a fade out on that rhythmic pattern would be cooler, again, just my opinion.

All in all I really like what you've done here. It's a fab tune. Congrats.

• Thanks for that feedback kinkujin. Normally, I mix the bass a bit higher so I could definitely be persuaded to do so here. I also agree that the backingvocals would benefit from something other than just buckets of reverb to distinguish from the lead vox. I already carved off a lot of low end with EQ - but I guess I could keep going! On the drums I’m now thinking I could replace them with some more jazz type percussion. Plenty of food for thought, cheers.
    Pete

• @Clocktoys said:

New song on soundcloud. Indiepop. Made on my iPhone 6. Hope you like! Tell me what you think.
    Cheers
    Pete

Very nice! Keep them coming!

• Thanks! I will
    Pete