Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ios 12

Okey so iam going for it installing ios 12 on my pro now wish me luck

Comments

• Break a leg.

• punch an eye

• Granted 🙌

• Just be sure to report all the 'oddities' back to Apple, that's what the betas are for :)

• Working fine on my 10.5 Pro so far.

• @Tarekith said:
    Working fine on my 10.5 Pro so far.

Any advantages for music ?

• Not sure, but so far no disadvantages in my testing either.

• I think iOS 12 will bring some good love to our community. The performance increase will be exploited by devs around the world! I am excited for the release later this year. I would never think about doing the 12 beta.
    Speaking of 12 beta... do you have memoji on your iPad - hahaha

• I hope the advertised performance increase benefits music cpu usage etc
    30% better I thought I read....

• @Carnbot said:
    I hope the advertised performance increase benefits music cpu usage etc
    30% better I thought I read....

I doubt it. The main performance increase is from from the CPU frequency ramping up more quickly when you load an app or switch to the camera etc. Makes stuff start faster.

• If it deals with the visual rendering related crackles on the new Pros then that would be worth an update.

• Wow, man! But where’s the “thumbs up” button? It’s gone!

• Did you do a before/after benchmark? Really curious about the promised performance increases and how they think they're going to pull that off.

• There should be some performance increase, but i doubt that music apps will profit from it.

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    There should be some performance increase, but i doubt that music apps will profit from it.

They indirectly will if it means you can update all your compatible hardware for an extra year without the new version causing slowdown of your system. It means you can postpone new hardware purchases for at least another year if you're happy with how your hardware runs today. That's pure win.

• @brambos said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    There should be some performance increase, but i doubt that music apps will profit from it.

They indirectly will if it means you can update all your compatible hardware for an extra year without the new version causing slowdown of your system. It means you can postpone new hardware purchases for at least another year if you're happy with how your hardware runs today. That's pure win.

I think you are completely right if there is a remarkable performance increase. My theory for now is, the performance increases results from these factors:

• faster GUI (especially metal engine)
    • faster performance of system functions (and much faster photo app etc.)
    • faster file access

Really not bad (if i am right - and i am quite unsure about it). But i would guess that the programm code of music apps isn't affected so much.

Just a guess. (i hope i am wrong) :smiley:

• edited June 2018

@Looping_Loddar said:
    There should be some performance increase, but i doubt that music apps will profit from

Unless they fix that bug :

@gusgranite said:
    If it deals with the visual rendering related crackles on the new Pros then that would be worth an update.

Air2, iPhone 5s same crackles . (Not pro related)
    It will be considered an improvement ( nice trick, crippling a device and on next version restoring some functionality ,is a performance increase . Apple’s way :tongue: )

• @Hansson said:
    Okey so iam going for it installing ios 12 on my pro now wish me luck

how is it going so far on ios 12? do you recommend it?

• Havent noticed any huge difference some bugs but thats expected for now appstore is not working properly but that might be a good thing saving some credit, since iam a bad appoholic

• I ended up rolling back my iPad Pro 10.5 this morning. Music apps worked fine, but there were a few issues with Safari like not being able to see a reply you're typing on this forum because the keyboard was covering the text input field. Or my iBooks bookmarks were no longer syncing across to my iPhone which is still on iOS11. Minor things really, but stuff I was using day to day.

Overall iOS12 was pretty solid though, and like I said, I didn't run into any issues with my music apps.

• thanks, i guess i'll wait for the official release.

• I read on FB that it broke DrumPerfect Pro so that is reason enough for me to wait.

cc @Marinus @Gilbert

• edited July 2018

Installed it on my iPhone SE a week ago or so. Done some quick tests with AUM / Poison / Zeeon. So far so good...

I'm waiting a bit before making the jump on the iPad though.

• no issues on ios12 but not noticed any improvements.

• edited July 2018

Groovebox want load anymore, but yeah is a beta

• Interesting as Groovebox is my main app these days and the one I used the most on ios12.

• I have reinstalled the app but no chance. It always ends here

• edited July 2018

I wonder why my impression that Apple adds new stuff without fixing current audio-related issues has not disappeared since iOS 10 :|

• Anyone checked if Caustic works with iOS 12 ;

• @gusgranite said:
    I read on FB that it broke DrumPerfect Pro so that is reason enough for me to wait.

cc @Marinus @Gilbert

@gusgranite: An iOS12 compatible update is in the works!