Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

how many apps did you buy and delete?

i've bought over 100 apps and of which.. only have use for 8 of those apps!
can i get a refund from itunes for the rest?? haha

i think itunes should have a rent/review app icon.
5 minutes to check and test the app before purchase..what do you guys think?
It would save me alot of $$

Comments

• You can actually rent & review it!
    Just demand a refund from apple via your reciept.

• i have..they refused my request

• You have to report a problem and demand a refund. You cant just say you didnt like it.

• Tell them it had no decent base sounds..:)

• Apple stores should have all access iTunes accounts so you can demo stuff there if you were motivated enough.

• How about telling us what apps you're talking about (if they're music related). I'm about to go on a MusicApp shopping spree. Animoog down, iSem and beatmaker2 to go. Now I'm waiting on Thor to go on sale.

• Too many unfortunately, as I'm experimenting and learning.

So far the purchases I regret the most are FL studio mobile (in another league compared to bm2, cubasis, etc), Thesys (good, but the interface completely ruins it on iPad), Alchemy (I really dislike the IAP model, thankfully I just got one sound pack) and Impaktor (complete mismatch to my style - found that I feel much more at home on a keyboard or with a sequencer).

• Reactable (I think that's right)

I bought it quite a while ago at full price. I was intrigued because I had heard it was something Björk used or something like that. I've never been able to make much sense of it.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• I bought animoog 2 days ago, now is on sale...
    I bought iSEM and iMINI too, and I don't like them at all.
    My blood is boiling in my veins...
    Actually the App store doesn't want to refound me any more, after I asked the refound for many many shitty games... -.-

• Same here apple doesn't want to refund me. What can I do?

• edited March 2014

• @Simon, I don't live in America, this is the first time I have heard something about the Black Friday, I really didn't know anything about this holyday!
    I'll keep this lesson for the next year!
    If Auria will be discounted too, I'm gonna die for an art attack... (yes, I bought it yesterday too -.-)

PS:

This is the first year that I am an Appstore addicted, thank you audiobus :D

• edited March 2014

• You need to report a problem straight after you buy and show them you really not satisfy with the app, I told them it is not what I am expect and add few points, then I get my refund.

• The only"high price"app(s)i regret are the two PPG's.Yes,the sound is not bad but actually i don't like Wavetable sounds that much and don't like the user interface (especially from WG,Mapper is better of course).Maybe i should start to play with Wavemapper again and see what happens...

• I have purchased many, many apps that I have removed from my tablet because of space constraints. Some apps were pretty good too, but I've been forced to only keep what is best for my workflow.

• edited November 2013

Some deleted ones....

Animoog for iPhone as it's abandoned and I'm expected to pay twice for the in app purchases that I already paid for on ipad wtf ?

Jack for obvious reasons...

SirSampleton and any other app that was just plain trumped by the competition in terms of doing things better and providing greater functionality for my needs.

Sunvox too much time spent figuring the thing out vs playing with sounds....

Akai Synthstation what a joke of an app...

• edited November 2013

Black Friday is far from a holy day. It's the biggest shopping day in the US...the day after Thanksgiving.

• edited November 2013

I have deleted ones, not for themselves but another ones better are coming.

Example: Organ+ (yes, I was neewbie), and now I have Galileo...

But thinking on wasting money...maybe Physynth, and after write Apple because I can't purchase it in Spanish Store.

Maybe @Dramatispersona choosed a premonitory nickname...but here's a link for the Black friday dates on next ten years (in spanish):

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viernes_Negro_(compras)

• I just counted about 43 deleted apps. Some I didn't find any use for. Others I would like to keep but just don't have the space for. As with Audiojunkie, I have to keep what is most important for my workflow.

• Example: Organ+ (yes, I was neewbie), and now I have Galileo...

Organ+ was great though. I deleted it too when Galileo came out because it's much better but, in case you didn't know, it's the same developer. Galileo is organ+ v2.

• I'm definitely a music app addict. There have been some duds for sure but I like to read the reviews, features, watch videos, and see what other apps the developer has made. If an idea or implementation of the app is too tempting and the price isn't too high, I'll take a chance just to support people who are taking these kinds of risks. Sometimes it works out and some times it doesn't. Running out of space on the devices and apps that stop being supported or are not really developed to their full potential are the two main reasons I delete apps.

Mixtikl just seems kind of awkward for me and Reactable has some possibilities but I'm waiting until it gets midi to spend more time with it as the rotation of the objects seems very clunky to me unless you're into more generative music where you just set it up and watch it go.

• I'm right there with ya Vejichan. I've probably deleted 70% or more of my apps to try and focus on the ones I need the most. It's been a constant refining process of which app to use for which function. For example, while you can cut and trim loops in beatmaker, I like to do it in Hokusai since you can export it as a higher quality file. While I have Auria, I still keep multitrack because I lost my apogee jam cable for the ipad so will record to mt daw, then transfer to auria. While I have djay2 due to audiobus compatibility, I prefer using traktor because it's just more fun to use and makes it easier to find cool parts. While I have bias, since you can only use it only once, I'm considering overloud since I can use it on multiple tracks. Alas, this is the world of iOS music so what can you do?

My current goal at the moment is figuring out how to get a killer bass tone? Will it be Ifretless with Midimorphosis or octaver thru a bias/Jamup bass amp?

• I know money is tight but apps are so cheap. Controversial thing to say but I paid £500 for Cubase back in the day when I swore by it so Cubasis at £35 is a massive bargain :-) Making music is a very expensive habit.

If Apple made a refund for every app people don't like then we won't have the thriving platform that we now have. Infinite refunds would destroy many developers and they would walk away and probably code VSTs or AUs. The trick with app purchase is not to be easily swayed by the droolings of synth heads on the net. You need to find out a lot more about an app before you press that buy button. Not easy though.

I have deleted about 150 apps because of lack of space but with a 64GB Air the lack of space criteria for deleting apps will soon be replaced probably by clunky workflow. iOS music platform is relatively new and I am enjoying the ride. The app count on my iPad says 196 and iPhone says 89. How many apps should one person have? Imagine if Apple had put a limit of 50 apps per iPad or iPhone :)

• I have tried midi guitar with thumb jam and ifretless...latency sucks.. So I am going back to jamup with an octaver, compressor and bass setup...maybe somebody can create a bass guitar sim for guitar players. I had a boss and zoom multi efx that had this.

• I agree..apps are cheap but they add up...this Thanksgiving weekend I have bought close to 20 apps. Some I regret purchasing but the ones that are good are
    1) I cleaner
    2) cmemory pro
    3) I downloader pro
    4) sessionband rock

Haha 4 good apps out of 20!!! Deleted the other 16... Wish I can get my money backk?...Time to pick up another 100$ iTunes card

• Use a Boss or Zoom multiFX pedal....

• I have deleted many apps but usually to free up room on a 16 gig Ipad mini. I do ocationally go back and reinstall some them if I am bored or decide I might like to insert a certain app back into the workflow.
    Sometimes after re installing I find them more enjoyable the second go around even.