Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado updated to AUv3!

123457»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@robosardine said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Is Turnado solid for most people? How is it for CPU?

Been using Koala, Endlesss, GR16 etc a lot lately and the performance style fx in those apps can be really fun and make for some interesting results, Turnado seems like it’s the same kinda thing but on steroids, fair evaluation?

Yes and then some. Turnado is in a world of its own. And it’s all fully functional with no issues.

Thanks (and also @MonzoPro ).

Think I’m sold. Going to grab it later today :)

Anyone tried it for processing external signals through an interface for perfomance type stuff? Would be a nice bonus if the latency etc is ok for that kind of use too :)

Latency would depend on your host (unless yoju use it standalone i guess, i haven’t). Haven’t used turnado in a while since i’ve been messing with other things but it sounds very cool and is responsive. Can’t really speak for reverb quality since the reverbs i use in it are the lo fi weird ones. Here is a little video i did with it. Each controller slider affects the mix on each fx.

• Turnado is rock solid and is the gold standard when it comes to wild and wooly live performance FX. Still my fave.

• @lukesleepwalker
    Turnado hasn’t had an update in a while. Do you know if it is still rock solid for iPadOS?

• Working fine for me as an AU in AUM. iPad Air 3, latest iPadOS.

• @cnsg_music said:
    @lukesleepwalker
    Turnado hasn’t had an update in a while. Do you know if it is still rock solid for iPadOS?

Haven't updated to iPadOS. SB is great about support, though, so would be surprised if any issues.

• No problems at all

• Does Turnado have any bugs or open issues currently?
    I bought Factory recently and feel a bit burned by the wavetable issue, don't want to make the same mistake with Turnado

any advice appreciated!

• @drewinnit said:
    Does Turnado have any bugs or open issues currently?
    I bought Factory recently and feel a bit burned by the wavetable issue, don't want to make the same mistake with Turnado

any advice appreciated!

What’s the wavetable issue?

• I have never seen a bug in turnado. And the wavetable bug is an Apple issue not a sugar bytes issue.

• edited February 2020

thanks Luke, good to know

wasn't blaming Sugar Bytes, the fact is the Factory app doesn't work as it should. just confirming this isn't the case for Turnado too. thanks for your input!

• @drewinnit said:

wasn't blaming Sugar Bytes, the fact is the Factory app doesn't work as it should. just confirming this isn't the case for Turnado too. thanks for your input!

The wavetable bug is slightly annoying but imo hardly cripples Factory which is still a great app even with that bug (regardlof whose bug it is).

• @espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:

The wavetable bug is slightly annoying but imo hardly cripples Factory which is still a great app even with that bug (regardlof whose bug it is).

Doesn’t cripple it but I sure have been skipping over Factory a lot when I probably would not otherwise.

• edited February 2020

@drewinnit

Turnado has always been solid for me although BM3 has had issues automating it due to BM3 bugs.

• edited February 2020

@AudioGus said:
    BM3 has had issues

Copy/paste at will.

• thanks @AudioGus

i bit the bullet and bought Turnado last night after doing some due diligence in this thread. it's an incredible app, I expect I'll use it on almost every channel of my live jams.

• @drewinnit said:
    thanks @AudioGus

i bit the bullet and bought Turnado last night after doing some due diligence in this thread. it's an incredible app, I expect I'll use it on almost every channel of my live jams.

For live sound mashing it is without peer.

• @craftycurate said:

@drewinnit said:
    thanks @AudioGus

True, nothing comes close. I used to think it would be hard to coax more nuanced mangling than the full on magical chaos I usually get from Turnado but it's "in the box" with a little patience and discipline.

• edited February 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@craftycurate said:

@drewinnit said:
    thanks @AudioGus

True, nothing comes close. I used to think it would be hard to coax more nuanced mangling than the full on magical chaos I usually get from Turnado but it's "in the box" with a little patience and discipline.

That’s right ... SB plug-ins are fantastic, with some of the best randomisation features around, but their own in house factory presets (for Synths and FX) can tend towards the extreme, which is great for showcasing features, but not always so immediately useful musically out the box, but great for getting to grips with features and getting a feel for the app’s capabilities.

Have you tried the Dictator? As if the 8 knobs weren’t enough ... if you haven’t got to it yet it’s a “meta-knob” which twiddles the other knobs, and the dictator can also be randomised, and there’s also the remix pad, so I don’t know how they could packed any more real time mashtastic goodness in.

And then each effect can save its own effect presets ...

Also it’s really worth going through the manual and reading up on each effect individually, as some of their inner workings are not obvious from the controls. I spent a couple of hours doing this recently and it really enabled me to get much more musical results much faster, and start designing my own effect racks, rather than just “twiddle and hope” which I was doing before.

Final thought ... with Turnado as my benchmark I was surprised by the limited randomisation options in Effectrix, but it’s still v useful.

• edited February 2020

yep the Dictator feature is amazing - I've saved a whole "scene" on my midi controller by being able to turn my 3 drum sends (bitcrush, delay, reverb) from 3 individual knobs to just one.

agree that it deserves several focused sessions just playing with each effect and learning how they can sound. same for Effectrix

• edited February 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:

@craftycurate said:

@drewinnit said:
    thanks @AudioGus

Diving deep into iOS Turnado is how I initially got my feet wet, learning the fundamentals of CV style effect modulation/sound mangling. Ended up recently graduating to Reason VST Rack, along with Kron CV Toolbox and a few other choice racks, which would have been a confusing alien landscape to me a little over a year ago had it not been for apps like that. It’s not a fair comparison but the latter is the only thing I’ve found that exceeds Turnado, while keeping an efficient, easy to follow workflow.

Pretty amazing what you get for the low cost of Turnado though; Sugar Bytes is one of the most innovative devs out there.

• @Eschatone said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@craftycurate said:

@drewinnit said:
    thanks @AudioGus

Diving deep into iOS Turnado is how I initially got my feet wet, learning the fundamentals of CV style effect modulation/sound mangling. Ended up recently graduating to Reason VST Rack, along with Kron CV Toolbox and a few other choice racks, which would have been a confusing alien landscape to me a little over a year ago had it not been for apps like that. It’s not a fair comparison but the latter is the only thing I’ve found that exceeds Turnado, while keeping an efficient, easy to follow workflow.

Pretty amazing what you get for the low cost of Turnado though; Sugar Bytes is one of the most innovative devs out there.

It was a bit daunting when I first went to edit effect parameters but now that it makes sense it's really powerful and I can finally get it to do what I want but it didn't yield its secrets easily.

• What's the quickest way to report bug to SB?
    Do they follow AB forum?

• edited July 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    What's the quickest way to report bug to SB?
    Do they follow AB forum?

Send them an email ... [email protected]

In my experience they tend to respond fairly quickly.

• @craftycurate said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    What's the quickest way to report bug to SB?
    Do they follow AB forum?

Send them an email ... [email protected]

In my experience they tend to respond fairly quickly.

Thanks!

• This is seriously like the absolute best fx app on iOS

• They respond very quickly and they are super nice to deal with.