Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado updated to AUv3!

Comments

• edited July 2018

I always thought Turnado should have been the one called WOW.
    That’s what I would be constantly saying when I used it. And still now!

Then finding it in Auria (not Pro at the time) was like double wow. Now I can automate stuff, and many instances.
    The edit room/page, is seriously deep, I have to shake my head as there are so many effects I have not delved into within it.

And now WoW again as AU<3. Excellent! I can do all the above, in many/any hosts I have.. Proppa!

My AU-ing preference order would be:
    Effectrix. (or Cyclop)
    Cyclop (it does more than bass) imagine more than 1 instance (shhhh)
    Then which ever after..

Enjoy!

King

• XY pads are back in the Turnado AUv3! :)

• edited October 2018

Nice, and also Egoist now has Files app support for samples :)

• Come on, Effectrix.

• @aaronpc said:
    Come on, Effectrix.

Co-sign!!!

• @Beathoven said:
    XY pads are back in the Turnado AUv3! :)

Ooh nice.

• @aaronpc said:
    Come on, Effectrix.

Yarrr, I can't wait!

• edited October 2018

Having fabfilter & sugarbytes, just leaves me wanting iOS izotope products and some ceremony...then I can ditch the computers

• Effectrix geez that would be special

• Sweet that you can control and automate pretty much everything in apeMatrix with LFOs including x/y of each xy Pad :)

• Oh, I only just noticed this update... It’s gonna be a fun weekend!

• Oh that’s really good now.

• So is it just like the old one now? Are the pads the same size- or is it a shrunken down type scenario 🤔

• @robosardine said:
    So is it just like the old one now? Are the pads the same size- or is it a shrunken down type scenario 🤔

On iPad Pro full glorious screen

• @realdawei said:

@robosardine said:
    So is it just like the old one now? Are the pads the same size- or is it a shrunken down type scenario 🤔

How exactly does one access the X/Y pads in the AU?

• edited October 2018

@robosardine said:

@brice said:

@realdawei said:

@robosardine said:

It scales with the rest of the GUI.

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2018

@reccp You posting was nine minutes faster - i made the same screenshots :) I should just have scribbled on them and not used Affinity Photo

• Looking good- just what I was hoping for. Thanks for the snapshots. Time to take the plunge I think 😼

• @recccp said:

@robosardine said:

@brice said:

@realdawei said:

@robosardine said:

It scales with the rest of the GUI.

@_ki said:
    @reccp You posting was nine minutes faster - i made the same screenshots :) I should just have scribbled on them and not used Affinity Photo

Thanks guys. For some reason that button in the upper right wasn’t showing after the update. But after a restart all is good. So glad to see they brought those back!

• Now I will update finally!

• Yes- all good. It even saved my user set- which I wasn’t expecting.

• Effectrix AU is still planned...good times.

• WOW is going to be the killer for me.

• Effectrix will be nice to see as an AU but still hope Thesys is coming too. It'll make a full AU workflow much easier.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Is Turnado solid for most people? How is it for CPU?

Been using Koala, Endlesss, GR16 etc a lot lately and the performance style fx in those apps can be really fun and make for some interesting results, Turnado seems like it’s the same kinda thing but on steroids, fair evaluation?

Rock solid for me, and good on cpu.

It can be a bit wild if you use lots of pads and presets, but if you dig into the editor you can get more subtle fx.

I don’t use it so much these days, but still one of my favourite apps.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It just struck me that it would be awesome if there was a way to use just one of the tornado slots as a separate AUv3?

This would 'clean up' the UI and let us focus on one effect a time and allow crazy things like inserting other AUv3's 'in-between' the Turnado effects in for example AUM.
    (I always leave one effect in 'edit' mode but it feels like resource wasting having all the slots loaded).

• @EyeOhEss said:

@MonzoPro said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Been using Koala, Endlesss, GR16 etc a lot lately and the performance style fx in those apps can be really fun and make for some interesting results, Turnado seems like it’s the same kinda thing but on steroids, fair evaluation?

Rock solid for me, and good on cpu.

It can be a bit wild if you use lots of pads and presets, but if you dig into the editor you can get more subtle fx.

I don’t use it so much these days, but still one of my favourite apps.

Thanks for info.

Yeah I feel like it might be one of those apps that I might use a lot (probably too much....) to begin with then kind of grow out of and it feel gimmicky. But if it’s solid and reasonable on CPU then £20 doesn’t seem too bad for a few months of heavy use/fun ;)

Out of curiosity, what made you use it less now? Is it the quality of the individual effect algos compared to the more recent offerings out there? I think that’s the main psychological turn off with these kind of things for me. Like I’ll feel like I’m not using the best reverb I have, or the best bitcrusher etc... but in Koala and Endlesss etc that kind of balances out a lot of the time in other ways and I kind of just forget about the algo not being supergrade..

would love to see Klevgrand make something like Turnado, that’d be best of both ;)

I use Discord 4 on nearly everything these days - it gives me reverb, pitch shifting, delay and modulation options in a really quick way, and can be as subtle as you like.

I’d have to spend quite a bit of time fiddling to get the same result in Turnado, though that has a lot more types of effects included.

I still wouldn’t be without Turnado though, if I could only have one fx app that’s the one I’d pick.

• @EyeOhEss said:

Yes and then some. Turnado is in a world of its own. And it’s all fully functional with no issues.