Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado updated to AUv3!

Comments

• Thanks for this screenshot. I was not aware Turnado AU had a resizable UI and was always resizing the window to fit the default width, thinking I had to. Then I saw your post and was like whoa, that must be a hugemongus iPad. :D

• Anyone figure out how to delete automation points in the dictator? Manual say to right click. :#

• Reverse Delay + FreezerVerb.

If you want to get lost for like a half hour.

Just sayin'.

• @e121 said:
    Anyone figure out how to delete automation points in the dictator? Manual say to right click. :#

Long press, deletes points, but yeah it’s a bit awkward

• @Carnbot said:

@e121 said:
    Anyone figure out how to delete automation points in the dictator? Manual say to right click. :#

Long press, deletes points, but yeah it’s a bit awkward

Thanks, figured that out after trying every other iPad gesture i could think of.

• @e121 said:
    Reverse Delay + FreezerVerb.

If you want to get lost for like a half hour.

Just sayin'.

Also, Rozeta LFO to control the Dictator. Who wants to be bothered with controlling a fader after all?

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2018

As aleady stated - you can control Turnado AU with two Roseta XY.

The setup is straight forward, use CC 1-8 on the XYs and route both XYs to „Turnado Midi“ AU:

With multitouch, you can manipulated all 8 Turnado knobs at the same time - the XY windows don‘t need to be topmost. If the touch started in an XYs area, you can even move the ‚cross‘ below other overlapping windows.

• Oh man, this is a dream come true!! Will all my presets I created be automatically saved when I update?

• edited June 2018

Ok, so I see everyone knocking about screenshots of Turnado hosted in AUM and the other matrix app thingy.

It is kind of telling yet an open secret simultaneously.

Anyway, moving swiftly on...

I’ve been trying to work out how to use midi learn in AB3 and I’m struggling to send control messages from an external controller to Turnado.

The problem is that AB3 midi doesn’t show Turnado as a destination neither in the effect nor output slot.

I know AUM provides the per channel midi assignment list of parameters that works really well but isn’t there a way of doing this in AB3?

Also there doesn’t seem to be a way to make it full screen in AB3 (no header to double tap!). I’m probably doing something wrong.

Is anyone here still using AB3?

• edited June 2018

@supadom said:
    Ok, so I see everyone knocking about screenshots of Turnado hosted in AUM and the other matrix app thingy.

I’ve been trying to work out how to use midi learn in AB3 and I’m struggling to send control messages from an external controller to Turnado.

The problem is that AB3 midi doesn’t show Turnado as a destination neither in the effect nor output slot.

I know AUM provides the per channel midi assignment list of parameters that works really well but isn’t there a way of doing this in AB3?

Also there doesn’t seem to be a way to make it full screen in AB3 (no header to double tap!). I’m probably doing something wrong.

Are you on the AB3 beta?
    Turnado screen issue is being fixed.
    But thing is SB haven't provided a proper full screen view yet, it kind of scales to half way and stops (on 12.9), so hopefully they'll fix that some day.

You can put "Turnado midi" in receiving slot and put your controller in sender, that should work.... :)

edit: although not sure if this is working on anything below current beta

• Been waiting for this for a long damn time. Roll on WOW!

I also want to chime in that while Audiobus did become 'less exciting' for a while, it never once left my live setup -- the stability and utility that it brings is just too essential to me in a live setting.

The new beta of AB3 is really a paradigm shift for me and brings all the excitement back. AB2 felt like it was pulling against progress while AB3 feels like it's leading in the right direction. Would love to see some AB remote love though! That's one tool that I considered to be essentially but has become unreliable and unwieldy over time.

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

Are you on the AB3 beta?
    But thing is SB haven't provided a proper full screen view yet, it kind of scales to half way and stops (on 12.9), so hopefully they'll fix that some day.

You can put "Turnado midi" in receiving slot and put your controller in sender, that should work.... :)

I am on the latest AB3 beta! :)

Could you try this for me?:

1. Open a new AB3 session
    2. Go to midi and check if Turnado midi appears on the AUV3 output list.
    3. Audio Channel 1 Input = AUM, output = Loopy
    4. Audio Channel 2 Input = Loopy 1, Loopy 2, Loopy 3, FX slot = Turnado.

Can you do this without errors?

Edit: actually, you can skip step 3.

• Do we have an approximate ETA on AB3 yet?
    Also is it going to be an AUM killer? I don't want to buy AUM if it's about to be obsolete.

• @Cambot

The second thing to try (if/when you have time of course)

1. Soft reset the iPad (long press power until slide to off, then long press home until home)
    2. Audio channel 1 Input 1 = Loopy or AUM (ports 1,2,3), FX = Turnado
    3. Go check in mid whether Turnado midi is on the list of AUV3 midi destinations.

This same thing happens to Loopy as well as AUM which makes me think it is AB3 or Turnado issue, not with Loopy or AUM. @Michael

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

Are you on the AB3 beta?

I am on the latest AB3 beta! :)

Could you try this for me?:

1. Open a new AB3 session
    2. Go to midi and check if Turnado midi appears on the AUV3 output list.
    3. Audio Channel 1 Input = AUM, output = Loopy
    4. Audio Channel 2 Input = Loopy 1, Loopy 2, Loopy 3, FX slot = Turnado.

Can you do this without errors?

Edit: actually, you can skip step 3.

Yeah that works fine for me in setting it up, not tested the performance though.

• edited June 2018

@supadom AB3 v3.1 30 ? It’s just updated ,that’s why I am asking.
    Also could you upload the preset ?

@1nsomniak said:
    Do we have an approximate ETA on AB3 yet?
    Also is it going to be an AUM killer? I don't want to buy AUM if it's about to be obsolete.

You can beta test it and check it out :) Different workflows . IMO AB3 is now the app it should have been on launch (with some room to improvement). Only downside of AUM it’s way expensive (in my poor cheapy opinion) and bought it mainly on launch price plus there was only AB2. Check apeMatrix also !

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @supadom said:
    @Cambot

1. Soft reset the iPad (long press power until slide to off, then long press home until home)
    3. Go check in mid whether Turnado midi is on the list of AUV3 midi destinations.

This same thing happens to Loopy as well as AUM which makes me think it is AB3 or Turnado issue, not with Loopy or AUM. @Michael

didn't spot any obvious problems when I tried that just now either

• @Korakios said:
    @supadom AB3 v3.1 30 ? It’s just updated ,that’s why I am asking.
    Also could you upload the preset ?

@1nsomniak said:
    Do we have an approximate ETA on AB3 yet?

You can beta test it and check it out :) Different workflows . IMO AB3 is now the app it should have been on launch (with some room to improvement). Only downside of AUM it’s way expensive (in my poor cheapy opinion) and bought it mainly on launch price plus there was only AB2. Check apeMatrix also !

Ok @Carnbot @Korakios

Thanks guys. That was it. I’ve updated AB3 beta last night so didn’t expect it to be out of date the following day.

Updated and working now.

Cheers.

Pity no preset saving in Turnado auv3 within AB3.

• edited June 2018

@supadom said:

It does save the session plus you can a save preset inside Turnado ... or did I misunderstood something?

PS. New AB3 update fixing Rozeta on v3.1 31

• The GUI could be bigger , don’t know if it’s AU limitation. Already send a feature request to the devs ;)

• @Korakios said:

@supadom said:

It does save the session plus you can a save preset inside Turnado ... or did I misunderstood something?

PS. New AB3 update fixing Rozeta on v3.1 31

Ah yes, of course. I was stupidly looking for the classic 4 lines in the top left corner! Thanks

• edited June 2018

Yeah hope AB3 gets AU preset saving, it’s useful and use it in both AUM and apeMatrix :)

• @Carnbot said:

@supadom said:
    @Cambot

Just for the record. There was some conflict in previous beta where Turnado midi would not be on the midi receiver list when individual loopy tracks or AUM audio ports were routed through Turnado.

Glad it is all working now. Thanks for testing that for me.

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

@supadom said:
    @Cambot

Just for the record. There was some conflict in previous beta where Turnado midi would not be on the midi receiver list when individual loopy tracks or AUM audio ports were routed through Turnado.

Glad it is all working now. Thanks for testing that for me.

no probs :) Yeah the latest update seems to fix a lot.

• :( no iPhone version

• edited June 2018

@DaveMagoo said:
    :( no iPhone version

I can't see that interface (which I actually think is very good now that it can be enlarged to full screen with AU) working on iPhone

• I’ve been in touch with the developer with how to do properly do full screen on GB

• @Dawdles said:
    Wonder if we’ll see Fabfilter go universal some point soon now too? Can’t be ideal marketing or financially optimal for Fabfilter to be imprisoned in Auria? Like the Turnado AU was previously... Be nice to have Saturn available outside of that environment (which I have no intention of buying...)..

Things are looking more hopeful than they were

https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/2687/ios-audiounit#comment0