Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Refurbished iPad? Good?

So i finally want to try it out again to use an iPad and i want to order a 10.5" 64GB which would be enough for me now and the right form factor for a tablet.
I thought about to order a refurbished from Apple since i get the same warranty and 14 day trial and return policy (since i´m really not sure if it is the right thing for me and i need to use it some days and do some music production with it).
Any experience with refurbished iPads here anyone. Can you recommend it or should i pay a bit more and order a new one (i could get a new one for just €40 more from third party sellers)?
I might get the pencil as well since i might expand myself to a bit artwork :)

Comments

• Where are you in the world? If UK, I can recommend Hoxton Macs. Bought stuff from them which is top quality, at decent prices, and it’s put through more tests than what comes out of the factory.

https://hoxtonmacs.co.uk/

• edited June 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    Where are you in the world? If UK, I can recommend Hoxton Macs. Bought stuff from them which is top quality, at decent prices, and it’s put through more tests than what comes out of the factory.

https://hoxtonmacs.co.uk/

I´m in Germany. The best price for the model i want is €669 (brand new) while it cost €729 from Apple.
    But a refurbished would be just €619 from Apple and from what i read it could be indeed a brand new as well which someone just returned but also in a worst case a repaired one.
    But at least you get the same return and warranty policy as with a brand new one.
    I want the fastest iPad but of course for the best price since i´m not sure if i will use it much or even want to return it after 14 days. I don´t need more than 64GB since it will be mainly for synths and as controller module as well then.
    I was yesterday in an Apple store and i think the 10.5" is the best choice between my 5.5" iPhone and 15.4" macbook pro. The pencil is really great and i like the idea to edit synths presets with it (at least it worked good in Garage Band in the store).

• FWIW, I have an iPad Pro 10.5 with 256gb storage, an iPad Air 2 with 32gb storage and a 2017 iPad 9.7 with 128gb storage. The Pro is by far the fastest, most responsive, and the space means you just never worry about filling it up. :)

Good luck with your search.

• edited June 2018

I bought a refurbished 10.5” iPad Pro with 128GB just a couple of months ago. As you say, it comes with the full warranty and you can get AppleCare (which I did). What’s to go wrong?

Apparently it’s really a recycled logic board so it comes with a new battery and a new case/screen. They presumably test the logic board thoroughly (and they do a remote hardware check before they’ll give you AppleCare as well).

Go for it and save the bucks|pounds|yen|whatever!

• Normally i would go for the highest space...means 512GB but Apple prices are a joke, sorry.
    Also i think 64GB will be enough for some time since i have 128 on my phone and just use 30% of it and i have a lot music and videos on it as well.
    Of course using external SSD´s if needed for samples would be great....maybe on day.
    I´m just not sure which DAW to use now since i´m waiting for NS2 and NS1 isn´t possible for iOS 11 and after.
    I still have Cubasis and Auria (not the pro) and i guess Cubasis would be so far the best choice for midi and AUv3 usage to save space.
    Otherwise i used BM2 in the past and just used a lot audio tracks but this really eats up tons of space in no time.
    However, i guess i have to take the time to really test it as much as i can in 14 days.
    I would like to wait for NS2 or try out BM3 but i won´t buy apps to just test them these days without a demo version.
    Maybe i fall in love again more with iOS or maybe i finally think it´s not there yet.
    I will see. Thank´s for the tips and suggestions.

• yep, get the refurb!

• @Zen210507 said:
    FWIW, I have an iPad Pro 10.5 with 256gb storage, an iPad Air 2 with 32gb storage and a 2017 iPad 9.7 with 128gb storage. The Pro is by far the fastest, most responsive, and the space means you just never worry about filling it up. :)

Good luck with your search.

Quite the collector, I see. ;)
    Have you even filled up all 128gb on the 2017?
    I have 128gb on my Air2, but I don't think I've ever broken the 100gb threshold.
    Man, 256 must seem massive. Must be fun AirDropping stuff back and forth between your devices.
    I have a second device (iPad 2), but no AirDrop on that old dog.

• @CracklePot said:
    Quite the collector, I see. ;)
    Have you even filled up all 128gb on the 2017?
    I have 128gb on my Air2, but I don't think I've ever broken the 100gb threshold.
    Man, 256 must seem massive. Must be fun AirDropping stuff back and forth between your devices.
    I have a second device (iPad 2), but no AirDrop on that old dog.

>

Not quite the way it seems. :)

The 128gb 2017 device is one I bought for Mrs Zen. AFAIK she has not come anywhere near to using the 28gb yet, never mind the other 100gb.

The Air 2 was mine, but stopped and is currently awaiting repair if I can do a deal with the shop, ‘cause the £175 I was quoted is way too much.

The Pro, with 256gb had teething problems, but now works well most of the time. FWIW, being quite tidy in my approach, but not fanatical, means I still have 168gb to spare, after more than one year’s constant use.

• @Zen210507 Thanks for the reply, buddy. :)
    So glad to hear you are having a good experience with your Pro. So many reports of strange problems that should not be happening for others, I feel their frustration, and sympathize fully.