Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off-topic well-intentioned water-cooler world-cup thread

Comments

• when the WC is here (US), Canada and Mexico. Part music, part football, for the avid and novices alike. My God, what will we have become.....
    >

In the case of the US and German teams, good at football would be popular. :)

• edited June 2018

Note for our North American friends.

If you are a bit baffled as to why a World Cup is such a big deal, when the game is not so big in your countries, remember this. Most of the older paicpants, in terms of how long their countries have existed, spent centuries knocking the hell out of each other for territory, or resources or in large scale long lasting wars. So for us, deep down, football has replaced war in a way that harms no one. :)

A Germany v England football match, for example, always carries extra weight. Off the pitch, modern English/British folk and modern Germans are friends. On the pitch, it means much more for one to beat the other than, for example, Germany to beat Italy.

An odd exception being England v Portugal, ‘cause the English and Portuguese are the oldest allies in the world. So that is the nearest thing to a ‘friendly’ World Cup match. :)

Everyone aspires to beating. Brazil, ‘cause usually the only thing that can beat them, is themselves.

• @Telefunky said:
    It was the most bizarre evening here in suburban Germany...
    perfect weather for barbeque and drinking (people were prepared and well supplied)
    but dead silent like an early sunday morning

>

Welcome to how it feels to be English, when Germany beat us on penalties.....again. ;)

• Yawn. Stretch. Coffee. Bookies.

"C'mon ENGLAND. Do em." :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    Yawn. Stretch. Coffee. Bookies.

>

Or do ‘em a bit. ‘Cause an England loss would mean avoiding Argentina, Brazil and Mexico until the finals. ;)

• I always get a chuckle when the Super Bowl Winners are declared World Champions being that there is only one country competing.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I tend to flip between English and Irish, depending on how drunk I am. Get the odd ‘go back to your own country’ quip here, but being rather large and mad looking, that’s as far as it gets.

>

Unless you encounter a trained Taff fanatic, who embodies he old saying ‘it’s not the size of the dog in be fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.’ ;)

Reminds me of long ago and faraway, when I was into martial arts. The owner of the club had won a world title the year before I joined. He was 5ft 2in, hard as steel and and moved like a mongoose!

Fine unless the other one is 6ft 2in, hard as steel and moves like a bigger mongoose....

I'm soft as shite and a pacifist anyway. But that's not the point, nutters are unpredictable and genera

@Zen210507 said:

@Telefunky said:
    It was the most bizarre evening here in suburban Germany...
    perfect weather for barbeque and drinking (people were prepared and well supplied)
    but dead silent like an early sunday morning

>

Welcome to how it feels to be English, when Germany beat us on penalties.....again. ;)

Funny really, considering who the England manager is now...

• @Zen210507 said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Yawn. Stretch. Coffee. Bookies.

>

Or do ‘em a bit. ‘Cause an England loss would mean avoiding Argentina, Brazil and Mexico until the finals. ;)

I say wheel em all in Zen. As Killing Joke say: They're just cattle for the slaughter. :)

• @MonzoPro said:

But that's not the point, nutters are unpredictable and genera

Like Ben Kingsley in ‘Sexy Beast’ who was much smaller than the likes of Ray Winstone’s character, but no one knew what he might do next.

Funny really, considering who the England manager is now...

>

Yes. ;)

• @Bluepunk said:
    I say wheel em all in Zen. As Killing Joke say: They're just cattle for the slaughter. :)

>

It’s a lovely thought. Especially an England v Argentina match.

• @1nsomniak said:
    I always get a chuckle when the Super Bowl Winners are declared World Champions being that there is only one country competing.

:D

• @1nsomniak said:
    I always get a chuckle when the Super Bowl Winners are declared World Champions being that there is only one country competing.

>

Might be wrong, but isn’t it called ‘World Series’ because it was originally sponsored by a news network or paper called World?

• Come on you Reds !!!!!!! Oh....Wrong competition :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Come on you Reds !!!!!!! Oh....Wrong competition :)

Yeah Comrade. Shows what scousers know about football :)

• Have been invited to eat vastly (of course) with friends and watch the England-Belgium game as their unofficial question-answerer today and can hardly remember a match where I felt entirely don't-mostly-care about the result. A free pass. As for all the 'but if we lose we'll avoid Brazil' idea, I agree and won't mind if we do, but after Iceland I can't even begin to take the next match for granted. I will be thrilled to get through against any of Colombia/Senegal/Japan and see where it leaves us. If we have to beat Brazil on penalties then so be it :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said: If we have to beat Brazil on penalties then so be it :)

>

The only way England would beat Brazil, is if they went on armed with cricket bats. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said: If we have to beat Brazil on penalties then so be it :)

>

The only way England would beat Brazil, is if they went on armed with cricket bats. :)

Agree. EXCEPT I don't think Brazil are all that this year. Good? Yeah, of course. Beatable? Absolutely. I know they're favourites (especially after Die Mannschaft’s exit) I just have a feeling they're going to get done....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Agree. EXCEPT I don't think Brazil are all that this year. Good? Yeah, of course. Beatable? Absolutely. I know they're favourites (especially after Die Mannschaft’s exit) I just have a feeling they're going to get done....

They should fear us more than we fear them ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Being serious for a moment, I know what you mean. Neymar is like a more desperate Ronaldo. If the two should meet, there can only be one.

• edited June 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    They should fear us more than we fear them ;)

>

Truthfully, the pressure is always on Brazil. Because everyone is the underdog, a little bit of luck coukd go a long way, for a confident opponent.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@DCJ said:
    I have no idea about the World Cup either and this is really the only way I’ll keep up other than the snippets I catch in a cafe while grabbing a coffee.

I like it. I hope you all are still around in four years to do it again.

In 8 years time (did you hear how casual and scary that sounds IN EIGHT YEARS TIME) those of us still living, ambulatory, mostly sentient, should organize a thing when the WC is here (US), Canada and Mexico. Part music, part football, for the avid and novices alike. My God, what will we have become.....

Sounds good to me! Come to DC and you can enjoy the sites, sounds, and soccer!

And my kids will be old enough to attend a match - double bonus! :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

I don't think Brazil are all that this year. Good? Yeah, of course. Beatable? Absolutely.

Agreed on the beatable part, for sure. They seemed like they were finally starting to “wake up” a bit yesterday, but then I remember the utter shellacking during 2014’s final. As someone pointed out, it’s sometimes up to them as to whether they win or lose.

• edited June 2018

I’m hoping England don’t do a ‘strategy’ game tonight, and let Harry Kane and the others carry on doing their thing. I know it makes more sense, but I’d rather watch a decent game while we’re still in.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m hoping England don’t do a ‘strategy’ game tonight, and let Harry Kane and the others carry on doing their thing. I know it makes more sense, but I’d rather watch a decent game while we’re still in.

Likewise, and same goes for Belgium, I want to see what we perform like against stronger opposition.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Likewise, and same goes for Belgium, I want to see what we perform like against stronger opposition.

Looks like it’s a strategy game unfortunately:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/jun/28/world-cup-2018-germany-reaction-and-england-v-belgium-buildup-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Hey guys, whats the difference between Germany and a tea bag?

A tea bag stays in the cup longer!

@Zen210507 said:

@1nsomniak said:

>
    Might be wrong, but isn’t it called ‘World Series’ because it was originally sponsored by a news network or paper called World?

Perhaps but thats not the same sport, The World Series is baseball not football (maybe you knew this and Im reading it wrong). It also has double the countries involved at 2 thanks to the Toronto Blue Jays!

• Well this here football loving native Texan owns 4 fricking Socccer jerseys (not sure how that happened), and that includes a beautiful red one from the Three Lions (England)! I’m rooting for Mexico too and well, almost every other team, lol.

Since I don’t work anymore I’ve actually been able to watch at least parts of every match, so far. It’s crazy!!! The last few minutes of many of these games has been intense beyond anything I thought possible...it’s all been so good. The thrills and majesty of WC18 has just taken my heart and made me fall deeply in love with this beautiful sport.

• Well, we now know the answer to that burning question, Is Belgium's B-team better than England's B-team?

• @TozBourne said:
    Well this here football loving native Texan owns 4 fricking Socccer jerseys (not sure how that happened), and that includes a beautiful red one from the Three Lions (England)! I’m rooting for Mexico too and well, almost every other team, lol.

Since I don’t work anymore I’ve actually been able to watch at least parts of every match, so far. It’s crazy!!! The last few minutes of many of these games has been intense beyond anything I thought possible...it’s all been so good. The thrills and majesty of WC18 has just taken my heart and made me fall deeply in love with this beautiful sport.

Welcome aboard. You are wise to stay neutral because you are correct in saying it does take your heart, but, what it doesn't tell you on the tin is it dumps that mangled, ripped to shreds organ into a gutter, a LOT more often than to a sun lounger in the Caribbean. Have you got a Sky Blue Shirt? Soccer and Jersey will have to be dropped. Sorry. :)

• edited June 2018

@TozBourne said:
    The thrills and majesty of WC18 has just taken my heart and made me fall deeply in love with this beautiful sport.

>

This is why it is also know as ‘the beautiful game’, Toz. Always great to hear when an American friend, as someone from a nation not steeped in footy, gets it. :)