Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's this about? - Spacecraft Granular

Comments

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    How do you set up Dropbox with it?

it's in the list when you use the Files app browser after pressing import, which maybe only available if icloud is enabled on your device I'm not sure.

You are correct, iCloud Drive must be enabled in system settings then Dropbox/audioshare is available for file import. I like to keep iCloud off so maybe in a future update it can be adjusted. No biggie.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles C’mon, man. Unnecessary?
    Way to rain on my parade. Sheesh.
    :D

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:
    Wow, loving this app. The standalone Spacecraft Granular <--files--> BM3 workflow is awesome. Being able to load samples from BM3 without copying them over is wicked good.

This track made me buy the app. Probably a stupid way to decide on blah blah blah, meanwhile dude what exactly are you doing here with BM3 and the Spacecraft

I think that’s a perfectly legit reason to buy the app. :D

And yes I too would like to know how you put this together because it sounds awesome.

• edited June 2018

😮 Really impressed with this. Best granular app I’ve played with, very nicely designed.
    My only thoughts are a random % control to the LFO (to add jitter, 0 is clean, 100 totally random) and to be able to store the sequencer notes into chord pads so you can play musical progressions.

• @DCJ said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:
    Wow, loving this app. The standalone Spacecraft Granular <--files--> BM3 workflow is awesome. Being able to load samples from BM3 without copying them over is wicked good.

This track made me buy the app. Probably a stupid way to decide on blah blah blah, meanwhile dude what exactly are you doing here with BM3 and the Spacecraft

And yes I too would like to know how you put this together because it sounds awesome.

Agreed on all counts. Magician, tell us how you did it.

• edited June 2018

@DCJ said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

Aww thanks! :) It is a kick and snares in Bm3 (with a tiny Zeeon cameo) and just a few overdubs with Spacecraft. Did a little filter automation on one overdub. Samples used in Spacecraft were from SynthmasterOne. Finaltouch final touched it.

256kMp3--> https://www.dropbox.com/s/c07sqvr14onwwm3/audiogus_spacegrain_no_soundcloud.mp3?dl=0

• anyone got any clips of this app with some drums running in it?

• Here’s spending a little more time on a longer piece in Garage Band with some proper accompaniment.

• edited June 2018

I've had some rest and am now preparing an incremental release which will stop the GUI locking in the following situations:
    1. when in standalone and somebody doesn't have iCloud drive enabled (it sill wont load/save the file but at least will not lock and will give the user information to say enable icloud drive if you want to load/save files)
    2. if using spacecraft as AU within a host GUI (non fullscreen), again it will not load/save the file but at least will not lock and will give the user information about AU inside host GUI not being currently supported for file load/save

That will buy be time to actually come up with a proper solution and hopefully nobody will be having locked interface!

• edited June 2018

Here's little piece I did last night using the built-in audio. I often like to harmonise with a 4th on the octave below. Sorry it's mono, the built-in iOS screen recorder is great but it records audio in mono unfortunately...

https://dropbox.com/s/9vr96qbdasy1elx/Produce.mp4?dl=0

It's an absolute pleasure to hear you guys playing on this instrument.

(if anybody knows of a good iOS app that can screen capture and has stereo sound recording, I'd be grateful to hear about it!)

• Granular goodness I cannot resist.......

• edited June 2018

This app is amazing! The coolest and easiest Granular synth I played with. Wow. Well done!
    And thanks @deltaVaudio for showing up here!
    I may be the only one but i would love to see an AudioCopy support too (like tardigrain) because I have sounds on there I purchased and it’s an easy way to throw them in.

And a playhead record feature like we have in iDensity and samplr would be incredible!
    Gladly I help with beta if you like and need testers...

i am feeling special :smiley: being an early supporter and experiencing the whole journey!

• @david_2017 I really appreciate the offer to beta test. Please could you (and anybody else who would be so kind) send me your appleid (and first/last name if you like too) to [email protected]

I'm really glad you said it's the 'easiest', that is a big part of the intention of the design.

• @AudioGus @DavidEnglish @hlprmnky @echoopera all great audio posts / inspiring

• Many thanks @Proppa thanks for taking the time to listen.

• @Proppa said:
    @AudioGus @DavidEnglish @hlprmnky @echoopera all great audio posts / inspiring

Y’all sold this one
    Lotta damn talent

• iCloud is definitely not used here, mainly for the extremely high cost of internet,
    but also I want ALL of my sounds stored only on my iPads to be used in any location - without needing the internet.

So please make another option than iCloud.

• @Mayo, that's fair enough, I'm getting this request a lot :) It looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and implement my own file browser in-app so that I don't have to always rely on the native iOS file chooser. Should be fun.

• My only problem with iCloud drive is if Im out of my house it uses data to send the file to the cloud and back to Audioshare.

• @echoopera It's alive indeed. Like it very much how you can make it almost breathing. That's what I always like a lot about wind instruments.

• Been a long time since an app has come along that is equally as fun to use as the almighty Samplr IMO. I think you may have created what will eventually become a “classic” on this platform @deltaVaudio Big thanks for making this.

• Ahem. The @brice has spoken and given his blessing so all is good. <3 o:) <3 That’s big @deltaVaudio

• Spacecraft is actually the descendant of a granular synth I created ages ago in Reaktor. Here's me jamming on it using a home made Arduino-based midi controller with two pressure sensitive touchstrips (built on a laminate floorboard). Spacecraft inherited the blue and pink colours from this midi controller.

The in-progress VST version of Spacecraft actually works with this midi controller. It will be fun to get this connected to the iOS version once I've got the midi finalised :)

I found that the touchstrips on the Maschine Jam are quite a good controller for Spacecraft, although you don't get the pressure control aspect, so you need some sort of amplitude envelope on the midi input.

• Wow, thanks @brice !

• edited June 2018

• This thread has been an eye opener for me. I've always been a VST oriented person and am new to the whole iOS ecosystem (as you can probably tell). To be completely honest, I'm not very well versed at all in the world of AU and the only reason Spacecraft works (kinda) in these ecosystems is thanks to the out-of-the-box compatibility I get from using the amazing JUCE framework that I've used to develop this. I develop this primarily as a VST and then migrate the changes to iOS world.

However, my experience of this forum over the last couple of (rather intense) days has really inspired me to get more into the AU side of things and to see how far I can take this thing to integrate into these amazing systems. What a great time to be making music!!

I will be studying your workflow setups on here (@AudioGus!) and will recreate them. I'm spending a fortune on apps here! ;)

• edited June 2018

1.) Sample some sounds and knob twiddling in a Synth in BM3. This is simply sound design, don’t get hung up on performance. (Don't close BM3)

2.) Play/Record it in SpaceCraft. Save it directly to your Audio folder in Cubasis. (Don't close SpaceCraft)

3.) Edit it in Cubasis (Don't close Cubasis)

Now get it looping in Cubasis. Go back to step 1 with a new sound that works well with the first...

and repeat until...

The beauty of all this is that Spacecraft recalls your Files location in BM3, so the moment you record a synth sample in BM3, boom, super super easy to load in Spacecraft. No need for cumbersome export/import at all. Cubasis has your Spacecraft recordings instantly by sending them to the now default save folder as well.

• edited June 2018

2.) Play/Record it in SpaceCraft. Save it directly to your Audio folder in Cubasis. (Don't close SpaceCraft)

Ah, so you're not actually using Spacecraft as an AU in this case.

I don't like how it defaults to 'in GUI' mode rather than fullscreen when using as AU, this I think is the source of many of the issues people as experiencing, in particular the file load/save not working when embedded in a GUI. If I could find a way to always force Spacecraft to fullscreen when used as an AU that could be a good workaround.

• Aww sweet, happy to be a tiny part of the action. Truly an amazing beautiful app I look forward to growing old with. Instant classic!