Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's this about? - Spacecraft Granular

Comments

• Funny, I just posted to Reddit earlier about my affinity for music apps that look like "alien space ship dashboards".
    This looks right up my alley and an instabuy price point. I see in the description that recordings are limited to 120 seconds, why is this? It seems too short.

• same here, no matter if audioshare is enabled as a place in the file app...
    I still get the
    Applications
    bin
    cores
    dev
    Developer
    selection and nothing else...
    I hope a fix will come.. no idea how others got it to work beside the sample files...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

UrbanNinja, faktoid, this means it's not using the Native iOS file chooser and is absolutely not the expected behaviour.

On a hunch I was able to reproduce this issue on my iPad by going to iOS settings and disabling iCloud drive. Perhaps it's because you have iCloud drive disabled.

Thanks for this valuable feedback!

• @echoopera said:
    I’ve experienced a few weird crashes in AUM...but i think it’s a side effect of it not being a true AUv3 app...so I’ll send a follow up email with them...but in the meantime, serious fun is being had with this whole thing.

The fact that i can’t save presets at the moment makes it really feel like an instrument or modular setup...it’s quite liberating to play and gets you in a state of flow once you “get it”.

Best $2.99 I’ve spent in a long while.

@deltaVaudio Great app seems to have a lot of potential once you get your head around the quirks. Had a few weird crashes aswell inside AUM as a AU effect where the app freezes when recording in from AUM file player. Seems to work fine to do the same task but as a IAA.

• I just spent 30 minutes importing samples from AudioShare with absolutely no issues.
    Not sure what all the confusion is about.
    You try to import from within the app. It opens the Files App browser. You go to the AudioShare section, or wherever you keep your samples, and pick the one you want.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    UrbanNinja, faktoid, this means it's not using the Native iOS file chooser and is absolutely not the expected behaviour.

On a hunch I was able to reproduce this issue on my iPad by going to iOS settings and disabling iCloud drive. Perhaps it's because you have iCloud drive disabled.

Thanks for this valuable feedback!

Thanks for your quick reply.
    That might be the reason. I have icloud disabled as I don't use and like this service...
    The thing is you would have to have icloud drive enabled and as I am an avid google drive user I would not want to turn this on to get spaceCraft running.... :/

I guess I have to wait for an icloud independent spacecraft version :)

• Ah, well thanks for checking that. It seems that is the cause. I will look into ways around this.

• but if you enable it and import some speech or so.. .it is such fun to play with the app...
    much better than the bastl microgranny :) so great!!

• I like to whistle into it. link

• What is the benefit of disabling iCloud Drive? I never really use it, but is there some performance boost or something? It is a lot of switches to flip, and I am sick of that from disabling Siri in all my apps already. :D

• No midi input at the moment but it is on the list.

Also, you might've noticed that the sequencer is not synced with any tempo as the grain frequency is continuous. This is another feature in progress!

The midi and tempo synch features are already in the VST version, I will need to migrate these features to iOS (and Android!).

• edited June 2018

Really cool... I love the step arp thing and the grain control. Cheers

Getting decent results w Perforator behind it...

• That's fair enough Dawdles. BPM is not specified in this release. In the next release there will be an option to tempo sync grains where the grain frequency will snap to multiples of the BPM

• Looks right up my alley!
    You can never have enough grains!

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had SpaceCraft loaded in a slot in apeMatrix as an AU Effect. If you try to load 2 instances in apeMatrix, you can’t properly open the interface for each instance. With ONE loaded, I was able to open the list of exposed controls and assign some LFOs. The ones below were the ones that automated “playing” the sequencers: the only thing I haven’t figured out how to automate we’re turning on notes on the “keyboard”.

lenV and sepV control Grain Control x-y.
    posX controls position of playhead in entire timeline.
    prsG controls gain in timeline.
    posM controls LFO horizontal
    lfoP controls LFO vertical
    mcpX and mcpY control ring mod
    filC controls reverb/filter horizontal
    revC controls reverb/filter vertical

There are many other Controls, but these cover most of the ones you can “play”. There are two sets, one for Seq0 and one for Seq1 (top and bottom sequencers).

This made things even MORE fun. Assigning LFOs made for some stimulating drones with a good sample loaded.

• I can't figure out where my song save is going.
    I'm on iOS 10.3 so no files app, the save opens up a file structure dialog that makes no sense on a phone/tablet - it looks like it's for a desktop. No audioshare option here either.

• Save presets would be great....
    as a performance, live improvisation instrument, it’s perfect....
    I can see me having a lot of fun with this, looking forward to future updates/improvements!
    :)

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

Just bought this, and had a quick ten minute play in standalone mode. I’ll try loading and recording via AUM later.

Absolutely brilliant, love it. The UI makes it a really playable thing, I’ve never really got to grips with Tardigrain, this is much more fun.

• @1nsomniak Really sorry you got caught by this one! Some other folks run into this earlier, it seems to only happen when iCloud drive is disabled. Could you try enabling iCloud drive (iOS settings, click your name, iCloud, scroll down to enable iCloud drive) ?