Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Awesome new drum sample browser plugin for pc/Mac

Hey guys a few days ago I started a thread about subscription sample libraries. Well turns out I really enjoy them even though I have thousands of samples on the hard drive already. Can’t have a enough of a good thing right? Give me more I say! Here’s the thing though, for me making kits is sort of a pain. I tend to put together similar ones with mostly 808/909 or crusty vinyl flavor. My kit building is also usually done in Live which adds to the pain of auditioning sounds. Luckily I stumbled upon a new sampler browser plugin called Atlas by Algonaut which happened to be released a couple days after I started researching services like Noiiz (stars aligned moment). It’s pretty handy, it analyzes sample libraries you drop into it and then generates kits made of eight samples. It’s got some handy genre specific drum midi files built into it so it’s easy to get something going. Everything is drag and drop including the midi files so for something like Live it’s friggin sweet. I realize this is another non iOS topic but I tend to think of my laptop, phone, and iPad as a music making ecosystem. Also I think it would be really nice to have something in iOS land like Atlas. Sample libraries on people’s devices are only going to get bigger and harder to manage in the future. I’d love to have a Atlas type AU3 someday. Here’s a link.
https://www.algonaut.tech/