Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• permanent position too, nice :)

• Oh my this could be awesome. I’m imagining an iPad/iPhone as a Max for Live instrument/effect that can be treated as a Live device. Hopefully they’ve already been working on something and not just starting. I’d hate to have to wait.

• This has happened before. Can't find the thread. Hopefully they're adding a developer, not just replacing the last one they hired. :) I dunno if I'd get too excited though—LINK is reason enough for them to have an iOS developer or two.

• Digging around and found this Tweet from December - from the dev who I believe this new position reports to:

• @brambos should apply

• edited June 2018

@raindro said:
    @brambos should apply

Do you not want us to have brambos apps?

• @raindro said:
    @brambos should apply

:s Why would you say that?

• Love to see Ableton Live IOS!

• @Antos3345 said:
    Love to see Ableton Live IOS!

Would be cool. For me better than the iOS live controller ;)

• edited July 2018
  • Bitwig is slowly but surely catching up, and also the price of Ableton Suite compared to Bitwig is something to look at. Yes Ableton has Max For Life included, but I could live without that.

• Midi Link Sync, my go-to bidirectional MIDI clock to Ableton Link converter, isn't available anymore on the Appstore.

Coincidence?

• I don't know... but I know one thing, Bitwig already runs deliciously on windows tablets if reports are to be believed and if I'm not mistaken it's got mpe as well (might be mistaken about that) ... but it' def optimized for the touch screen....

as an Ableton fanboi I could never relinquish my hold on the program, but that certainly doesn't preclude me from becoming a bitwig fanboi in the near future if they keep going in this direction. a bitwig/tablet combo is already seemingly difficult to resist.

• It’s neautiful but so is the new Studio One update

• I've never given studio one a try, is it in the playable/instrument sequencer category like Ableton and bitwig or is it more in the logic/cubase/pro-tools-esk camp?

• edited July 2018

@djjuniorpops said:
    Bitwig is slowly but surely catching up, and also the price of Ableton Suite compared to Bitwig is something to look at. Yes Ableton has Max For Life included, but I could live without that.

I can live without it too, that's why i got live 10 standard. and i bought it for 124$ :smile:

• edited July 2018

Ableton for ios sounds so good that i just can't believe it will happen. but i'll be glad to be wrong on this one.

• @CracklePot said:

@raindro said:
    @brambos should apply

:s Why would you say that?

+1 we don't want to lose Bram Bos!

• @rs2000 said:
    Midi Link Sync, my go-to bidirectional MIDI clock to Ableton Link converter, isn't available anymore on the Appstore.

Coincidence?

ewwwww. Nice scoop.

• @syrupcore said:

@rs2000 said:
    Midi Link Sync, my go-to bidirectional MIDI clock to Ableton Link converter, isn't available anymore on the Appstore.

Coincidence?

ewwwww. Nice scoop.

I thought it was gone for a while. ‘link to midi’ is still around but not sure if that does the exact same thing.

• @kobamoto said:
    I don't know... but I know one thing, Bitwig already runs deliciously on windows tablets if reports are to be believed and if I'm not mistaken it's got mpe as well (might be mistaken about that) ... but it' def optimized for the touch screen....

as an Ableton fanboi I could never relinquish my hold on the program, but that certainly doesn't preclude me from becoming a bitwig fanboi in the near future if they keep going in this direction. a bitwig/tablet combo is already seemingly difficult to resist.

Does Bitwig have anything like Live+Push 2 integration?

I don't use Live these days (and have never owned a Push). Bitwig seems generally more interesting at this point but watching people who really know how to use Live+Push is pretty inspiring.

Anyone know the minimum Windows tablet one would need to buy to use Bitwig and not be frustrated by low processing power or spotty touch integration?

• @AudioGus said:

@syrupcore said:

@rs2000 said:

Coincidence?

ewwwww. Nice scoop.

I thought it was gone for a while. ‘link to midi’ is still around but not sure if that does the exact same thing.

Ah, that's right. Fucking fake news. ;)

• i tried to like Abelton Live, but I could not.

• @rs2000 said:

Coincidence?

Really?! It's gone! holy hell! That little app is VITAL... I hope Apple can't suck it out of my iPad.

• edited July 2018

@syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    I don't know... but I know one thing, Bitwig already runs deliciously on windows tablets if reports are to be believed and if I'm not mistaken it's got mpe as well (might be mistaken about that) ... but it' def optimized for the touch screen....

Does Bitwig have anything like Live+Push 2 integration?

I don't use Live these days (and have never owned a Push). Bitwig seems generally more interesting at this point but watching people who really know how to use Live+Push is pretty inspiring.

Anyone know the minimum Windows tablet one would need to buy to use Bitwig and not be frustrated by low processing power or spotty touch integration?

bitwig does have push integration but I don't know how deep, need to look into that myself. I simply love Live and push so much I could only add bitwig to it, would never replace it.
    but.... what I like about bitwig is that they are not ashamed of the fact that the program is a big sampler, which in my opinion is what Ableton live is as well but Ableton have tended to always shy away from having any pride in the fact...... I still remember the sample slicing wars of eras gone by before the advent of the Ableton drum rack slicer... not everyone made it through that war and the ones that did still have the scars to show for it
    Bitwig on the other hand embrace fact and importance of sampling with pride. I'm on Ableton suite 10 right now but if they don't start embracing the sampling culture more openly, directly, and heavily in their future feature updates I'm going to certainly add bitwig to the toolbox.

• @kobamoto said:
    I've never given studio one a try, is it in the playable/instrument sequencer category like Ableton and bitwig or is it more in the logic/cubase/pro-tools-esk camp?

Definitely more in the Logic/Cubase camp than the Live camp, though it has some interesting features that sort of fit into that workflow too. FWIW, Studio One was started by some of the same people who started Nuendo if I remember right. It's well done and combines a lot of the best features of the more linear DAWs out there in a more modern package. IMVHO.

I still rely on Live for most things, but for bigger client mixdowns and the like Studio One definitely has some time saving features I rely on still.

• T would you say studio one is more resource friendly than Logic regarding track counts and fx you can stack on?

• I haven't used Logic in a few years, so it would be hard for me to compare current versions really. It's more resource friendly than Live is, but that's a bit unfair too since Live is made to be used, well.... live.

• @syrupcore :Check out the new Surface Go, the 8 gig version. Around $650 usd, 10 inch screen