Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I have too much hype for this.....

• It’s such a great synth, and just keep getting better. I can wait to see what everybody does with it.

• Really looking forward to this synth!

• Thanks everyone!

Updated specs & Intro video:
    https://audiokitpro.com/synth

• @analog_matt I'd like to add this synth as an option for the June AB forums soundfest, but for that to be viable it needs to offer easy preset sharing, so I have a couple of questions:

Can we create user banks?

Can an entire bank be exported and imported easily?

Does the synth have Files integration for preset management?

Thanks, I'm excited about this synth!

• edited June 2018

@richardyot said:

Yes x3

If you do make an AB forum soundbank, I can include it in the synth in an update! 🍾

• @analog_matt said:

@richardyot said:

Yes x3

If you do make an AB forum soundbank, I can include it in the synth in an update! 🍾

That's awesome news, and I think chances are very high that it will be selected for June, as the other main contender, Synthmaster One, doesn't allow for the creation of user banks yet.

• edited June 2018

@richardyot said:
    That's awesome news, and I think chances are very high that it will be selected for June, as the other main contender, Synthmaster One, doesn't allow for the creation of user banks yet.

That would be an honor.

Probably best to wait and see if you can squeeze any useable sounds out of it ;)

• I’m trying to find out if it’s going to work on iOS 9 on my iPad 2. This is the kind of iPad many would be receiving free so that would be nice if it does. I have an Air2 and a Pro so it’s not going to matter for me, but I know people who only have an iPad 2.

• COMING SOON
    Ableton Link
    AUv3 Plug-in support to use in your iOS host
    MPE Midi Support – Expressive control with Roli Seaboard, etc

• @analog_matt said:

@richardyot said:

That would be an honor.

Probably best to wait and see if you can squeeze any useable sounds out of it ;)

Congratulations Matt on all of your hard work and huge iOS achievement! Nice to see your milestone reaching the release stage after all your blood, sweat & tears and soul poured into this project of love. Bravo to you and your team on this historic iOS moment. Very excited to see your all of hard work spring into life and try out your nifty new SYnthy creation! It’s bound to be a big beastie! Best wishes from Canada! A HUGE Thank you for doing this for all of us synthheadz out here. Cheers!!!

• Looks very similar UI to synthmaster one. Very confusing and I mix them up constantly when I see news. Just realized their different

• That smiling face there :smiley:

• edited June 2018

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Looks very similar UI to synthmaster one.

Yes, they have exactly the same UI.

vs

Like looking in a mirror. 😂

• edited June 2018

@DMan said:
    I’m trying to find out if it’s going to work on iOS 9 on my iPad 2.

It requires iOS 10.3. :'(

As a fair warning, it is a bit of a resource hog. With dedicated filters/signal chain on each voice.

On the positive side, it's super small. Less than 25mb for the entire app and 300+ presets.

• @analog_matt said:

@DMan said:
    I’m trying to find out if it’s going to work on iOS 9 on my iPad 2.

It requires iOS 10.3. :'(

As a fair warning, it is a bit of a resource hog. With dedicated filters/signal chain on each voice.

On the positive side, it's super small. Less than 25mb for the entire app and 300+ presets.

I kind of doubted it would work on that old iPad. At least it will work on 16GB iPhone 6 though. I just reset mine and have limited to 1 GB total of low storage music stuff only. That leaves room for photo/video/recording audio to airdrop out to my 512GB Pro.

• @analog_matt said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Looks very similar UI to synthmaster one.

Yes, they have exactly the same UI.

vs

Like looking in a mirror. 😂

Matt what a gorgeous UI. This has got to be the most beautiful synth UI on iOS. Top job Dev!!!

• @ElektrikDiva said:

Matt what a gorgeous UI. This has got to be the most beautiful synth UI on iOS. Top job Dev!!!

When it comes to the UI on AudioKit Synth One, it's kind of patched together by different developers... I suspect by this time next year it will be crazy looking as people add more panels B)

• I love the GUI! Really cool stuff! Love these starfields... can’t wait to get lost in them :wink:

• @analog_matt said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

When it comes to the UI on AudioKit Synth One, it's kind of patched together by different developers... I suspect by this time next year it will be crazy looking as people add more panels B)

Awesome news, as a synth nerd, I can’t wait to see the add ons, take me away on this cosmic spaceship. Well done Devs...your Labour of love really does shine through, I am truly grateful for all of your combined efforts here.

• edited June 2018

Thanks everyone!

Simply to set expectations: It won't be the best sounding iOS synth ever made...

But, it will be the best sounding completely FREE one. :)

• I strongly suspect it will sound better than several that I blew money on anyway :)

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

Simply to set expectations: It won't be the best sounding iOS synth ever made...

Thanks (everybody)

• edited June 2018

@analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

If it can facilitate to create any sound from scratch along with AU, that's all is desired :smile:

• Hmm...do I really need another synth app?
    ...YES I DO!!
    Looks great @analog_matt :smiley:

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

My AudioKit t-shirt arrived today ... one problem ... it was soaking wet ... in a sealed plastic bag.

The mysteries of life ... I'm sure it's just fine but it was a weird thing ... no holes in the bag, seemingly hasn't been opened by customs ...

• @TheVimFuego said:

@analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

My AudioKit t-shirt arrived today ... one problem ... it was soaking wet ... in a sealed plastic bag.

The mysteries of life ... I'm sure it's just fine but it was a weird thing ... no holes in the bag, seemingly hasn't been opened by customs ...

That’s Matt’s attention to quality. He likes to check each t-shirt before sending it by wearing it and doing a workout.

• @Mark B said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@analog_matt said:
    Thanks everyone!

That’s Matt’s attention to quality. He likes to check each t-shirt before sending it by wearing it and doing a workout.

My wife sniffed it, it seemed sweat free.

My thank you, now I can’t get that image out of my mind!

A ploy to sell more merch, it’s gonna work. :D

• edited June 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

:o

(1) Thank you so much for getting an AudioKit shirt – All your neighbors will be jealous!
    (2) Wet shirt? Wow! That's no good. Perhaps we could let Teespring know and they'll send you a new one?

My email is [email protected]

Apologies!