Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kazzuko

edited June 2018 in Creations

Another sax track made in 2007, year of first iPhone release!!! So it’s made on laptop with Ableton Live and Reason, no iOS music tools under my hand yet :smile:

It’s a Pharoah Sanders tribute, a tenor saxophone giant!!

Kazzuko!!!

Comments

• Hi Jean, listening to Kazzuko as I write. You really have the production values down! Your music (from what I have heard so far)always has a great and natural evolution. Yeah, very soulful and real. Would play well here in Turkey. Love when the bass comes in during the duet. Timing just right. Very listenable. Thanks!

About my piece. Were you not disturbed by the lack of sync between the bass and drums?They really are far apart at points. It wasn't my intention, but I am often casual with adhering to the drummer, whether real or virtual. But some are really disturbed by this lack of groove between bass and drums. Perhaps you were just being kind. Please let me know what you thought here. Whichever, I want to count on your totally honest feedback. Believe me, after seventy years my ego can take it! Probably I will post this piece without the drum track as I really was happy with the sax line and a lot of listeners would be put off by the rhythmic shortcomings. Best and send more music. You are one of the best on thus forum! Mike

• Oops, didn't think I was posting on the forum!! Sorry about the irrelevant second paragraph. At least I didn't embarrass myself or @Janosax too much!

• Thanks Mike for your comments!!

I was saying myself : lack of sync between bass and drum? But the only bass on my track is bass drum how could it be possible? Lol, you were talking about yours. No issue !! ;)

• Excellent Tribute to Pharoah Sanders.

I got to hear him live in the early 70's.

Musically, I wasn't ready to appreciate him at the time but after learning more about
    jazz and music in general I could see where he fit in the historical development of the
    tenor sax as an art form.

I remember he also sang a lot of african sounding chants that evening so long ago.

• edited June 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Excellent Tribute to Pharoah Sanders.

I got to hear him live in the early 70's.

Musically, I wasn't ready to appreciate him at the time but after learning more about
    jazz and music in general I could see where he fit in the historical development of the
    tenor sax as an art form.

I remember he also sang a lot of african sounding chants that evening so long ago.

Thanks for your comment!!

I’ve seen Pharoah played in Paris in 1995. Wow 1970 was its best creativity area, unfortunately I was not born yet to listen to him!

Its music and lot of African-American jazz was classified as « new thing » style, with lot of freedom and sounds solos more than notes solos. Expressionnists music. Was and still is hard to listen for lot of people. But I like that you talk about tenor sax art form, this is so true!

This musician was and is still one of my main sax and music reference. Like John Coltrane, he was deeply involved in spirituality though music, and their music was so rich and intense.