Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My second share: Tour Eiffel (Eiffel Tower)

edited June 2018 in Creations

Here's the second piece of music I've ever shared here, with some notes below.

I'll try to share what I remember of the creation of this, though I almost always get so lost in the making that I don't remember how everything happened. "Tour Eiffel" is just French for "Eiffel Tower".

I took the video with an iPhone 6s+ while just walking towards the tower with a special person as we talked. I lived in Paris most of last winter and this was taken sometime in the autumn of 2017. Using the FiLMiC Pro app (I like wide compositions).

I hoped to capture in the music some of the happiness of that day, a pleasantly delirious enjoyment of the sun and being alive. I thought the combination that best fit this was a metallic rhythmic thing (several patterns in Patterning) plus an airy flute sound. Since the tower is metal with air passing through it.

I remember I recorded in AUM. I had Patterning playing. I recorded the tracks as separate stems. The metallic track I applied some frekvens to. And the flute part I improvised in ThumbJam.

Then I must have done some fades in Cubasis to the metallic rhythmic part, since it fades out and back in during the track.

I was very happy with how this video just happened. There's a bird that sits on a lamp post. And a man who happens to kind of salute the tower just as I walk past him. It all happened with no planning. I slowed down the video and applied some effects in LumaFusion. And there must have been some reverb added at some stage.

Hope this is of some enjoyment or interest!

Comments

• Yes, @Simo , this is very pleasing! I like the stuttering improvised video. The two interacting gives me an other worldly feeling, that this isn't all quit real. Just an assembly of pieces, like the tower itself.

Also your description of the process. Would like to see more of that on these postings.

• That was sooooooo cool.
    Magical and transportive are a couple of feelings this evoked for me.

Dude, your two posts are two of my favorite posts on the whole forum. High quality tracks with excellent notes on your creative process. B)

Please, keep posting your stuff. It is really great. <3

• Thank you super much, @LinearLineman and @CracklePot, these are wonderful and encouraging comments! I’ll definitely share again sometime in the future. :smile: