Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Frequency of Phones

As I was in the office the other day, I noticed that I could hear a voice on a speakerphone across the floor (and through several cubes), even though the general din of the entire floor was pretty loud (people talking, typing etc). I was wondering if there is a known specific frequency that we hear voices from a phone, and if this can be applied to mixing vocals, or any other lead for that matter.

Comments

• edited June 2018

I think it relates to how out of the entire audible range, our hearing is most sensitive to a range of frequencies that fall in the mid-range, which is the same range most human speech resides in.
    Also, speakers designed for speech are usually not full range, but designed to cover and even boost this same range to help with clarity.

• @CracklePot Thank you for this visualization!

• Very cool.

I often wonder obscure things like this.

I also wonder about compression built into apps and if I knew it how I could modify my mixing.

Related in a far off way but in the same area of native sounds.

I think