Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ILep now up for preorder.

iLep has loads of control lots of unique effects uses a patchbay similar to ApeMatrix to turn effects on and offers great live preset prelaunch pads and now up for preorder. Been beta testing and think it will be a big winner on launch.

Comments

• This looks great. Is it AUv3? Will likely get it anyway B)

• edited June 2018

Good !!
    I want to see a Doug video soon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its a relatively new App-Store feature. You can get that app pre-loaded on release day. If the dev has a release discount the discount also takes effect if you buy/download manually.

One could say its a „convenience“ thing.

• Hmmm....makes sense, they've been doing it with digital albums for year.

• @Dawdles said:

@High5denied said:
    Hmmm....makes sense, they've been doing it with digital albums for year.

Albums don’t have bugs ;)

good point.......

• edited June 2018

@Dawdles said:
    What’s up with pre-orders on apps? Is it a new thing? Seems a bit ridiculous? It’s not like the apps will be available in limited supply...or do pre-orders receive the app early? If not then why would anyone not just wait for release and some solid reviews or to see if something similar but better drops in the meantime? Weird..

True. It would make sense if preorder was at a reduced price. Having said that, I don’t generally buy stuff unless it’s been taken through paces by AB regulars.

• @Jumpercollins - You seem to be "in the know". So this is an IAA (I'm fine with that btw). It would be interesting if it could host AU stuff as well (like Moebius Lab). Looks cool, looks deep, deeper than ElasticFX, but wondering if the net result would be essentially different. I do like the controls. Any thoughts?

• This looks to be a self-contained, modular-style rack fx app. I don't see any evidence of hosting ability at all. Nothing wrong with that, but it more reminds me of a VCV-style rack, with built-in fx and modulation control for only one input. More similar to Moebius, without sample import or IAA/AU hosting. But, with more modulation control.

Looks interesting.

• ALBALB
    edited June 2018

Given the cheapish price, I tried to pre-order, but was unable to do so. Anyone else have an issue with this? (Edit - works now)

• @Dawdles said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    One could say its a „convenience“ thing.

Patterning 2 was the first time I noticed it happen and the cynic in me just thought, ‘maybe devs worried about Drambo dropping before this does...’ I can’t see any sense in pre-ordering anything non-physical ahead of full info and ideally reviews.

Yes - sure. One might see no direct benefit. In other threads people kept complaining after a new App version came out (Last example i know of was StepPolyArp Unit) that they bought „the old version“ 1 day before. Developers can use this to prevent situations like this without explaining a whole lot of stuff. People searching for Patterning in the App-Store might see that „the new version“ is already announced and will not buy „the old“ version. This is one case the customer might benefit from. So, like always, one can see the good or the bad.

That’s just an example. People are different and concerned about different stuff... :smile:

• It is IAA or AB at present as a FX, but works really well. Pre ordering is taking off currently this and patterning 2. The first app that done it was Grooverider.

• The cue functions look interesting.

• edited June 2018

I remember seeing a live performance in New York 12 years ago using a laptop to warp the output of acoustic instruments. After the performance I asked the performers what program they were using on the laptop. They told me they were using Max Msp, I researched Max Msp and Pure data. After reading the website footnotes I see that this is the grandchild of that performance app. Just saying a lot of years, research and work went into this app.
    http://o-g-sus.de/ilep/

• You pre-order to show support and get a price.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    You pre-order to show support and get a price.

I do (did) :)

• Looks Very Cool! Now if we can just get Elastic to send ind outs to AumApe, we can take advantage of all the new stuff in a very type a way...

As for pre-order, I would pre-order a lot of stuff if it was heavily discounted, and the dev needed to pay for food while they finished it... (the app, not the food).

• Gunna bust my cello out and shave me legs, iLept, looks fun.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Says it's mainly designed for acoustic instruments, does it have AB state saving?

• @Carnbot Currently it doesn’t show up in AB3 as state saving. See below.

• Thanks, as it's being prepped by elastic drums dev Oliver, I'm sure he might add it. :)

@Jumpercollins said:

@Carnbot Currently it doesn’t show up in AB3 as state saving. See below.

• @scottsunn said:
    Looks Very Cool! Now if we can just get Elastic to send ind outs to AumApe, we can take advantage of all the new stuff in a very type a way...

As for pre-order, I would pre-order a lot of stuff if it was heavily discounted, and the dev needed to pay for food while they finished it... (the app, not the food).

But you're not actually charged until it releases

• Just checked it out. It looks very interesting but also looks to have a barrier to entry, and that just isn't my thing these days. I'm pretty set in my iOS ways at this point.