Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Problem?

Hi, I have been loving Audiobus since I began using it about two weeks ago. However, I am having a problem which I am finding very puzzling. Perhaps some member can help me out.

I find using AB a breeze as there is so little to control with it. But I am finding some apps, particularly iM1 Thor and SynthMaster malfunction when using AB.
When I connect Thor, for example, there is less than a second of sound when I hit a key and then no sound. Same with the others. I know the note is being played on Thor because there is a simulated led that flashes when the onboard key is pressed. Nor do I get sound in this instance with a keybd controller.
Other apps like Sensual sax, Soft Drummer, iSymphonic work fine with AB.

My workaround is to do what I can with what works and eliminate AB from the chain when using Thor, for example. Then there is no problem!

Midi settings and background audio all ok, I believe, since the nonusable apps work when directly routed to Cubasis. I have tried fiddling with this for hours to no avail. I want the ease of screen switching and record implementation that AB provides so gracefully, but my go to apps are not cooperating! Does the problem have to be with AB since all apps work without it?

I appreciate any advice you might have. There must be something obvious I am overlooking. Then there is the mysterious moment of sound on Thor etc. that immediately cuts out. A real puzzle for me!
Thanks!

Comments