Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GALILEO 2 Organ by Yonac - With AUv3 Support - Demo for the iPad

13»

Comments

• @moccij said:
    I pulled the trigger and bought the V2 despite already having the V1. While the general feeling hasn't changed, the unpredictable harmonic distortion due to different note phase has been solved (I use primarily transistors)! Anyway, I feel like this should have been addressed in a regular update instead of a repackaging...

I feel like there's enough new here to justify the new app. $12 all in (including IAP) isn't bad - I'd be much more frustrated if this was priced like Korg's apps....

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    So far I'm loving galileo 2. Kinda curious what the different models actually correspond to in terms of real life organs tho

Agree

My first impression was so wrong.

(ignore vocals on this please but listen to Gal.app on this)

I was jamming and did this and realized that the sounds in this app inspire me musically.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Sweet!

the organ is awesome

that is about all...lol

• I bought Galileo 1 and then bought 2. I love them both but I’m puzzled by something in 2. With 1 there are separate Keyboard Hold buttons for Upper, Lower and Pedal but in 2 there is just one general hold button that I can see - labeled Key Hold. Are there separate buttons buried somewhere that I have not found yet? If not there should be! I often want to hold notes on the pedals and lower but then play something on the upper.

• edited September 2018

This is a great sounding organ and it is certainly an improvement over the G1 soundwise. I'll definitely get some good use out of this thing, but damn.. yonac is a baffling company. Their UI are almost always counterintuitive to me.

Just to set up midi channels and splits... I had to set midi info in 3 completely different panels of the app (one of them, buried in a submenu.. sheesh!) I feel like the midi setup is worse than Galileo 1.
    ..and don't get me started on how utterly ridiculous the keyboard split section is. who designed that? it's the most confusing split setup I've ever encountered.

I tried to use the midi learn, but even though I saved it, the mapping disappeared upon reopening AUM. And so I'll stick to mapping it in the channel settings in AUM..

and as others have pondered... what the hell are those other models? you've got the B, Vox, Farfisa, and then a handful of made up organ names.. at least give us a hint as to what they might be modelled after? There's no information anywhere about this.

don't get me wrong.. I love that there are some less familiar organ tones to be had with this app, but I really just don't understand the reason for such opacity. at least give us a "Ronald" or "Yam-a-tron".. or "Ass-Tone".. anything!

VIMA? hmm, I'm going to assume it's an emulation of a roland mp3 karaoke machine??

And as others have pointed out: how they've gone out of their way to make the majority of the presets not sound like organs, buried in effects (Arturia is guilty of this as well with their organ VSTs). Yonac, you don't have to convince me that you can coax synth sounds out of an organ with tons of effects. I've got synths up the wazoo. I bought it because it's an organ app - because organs are beautiful things!

:)

• edited October 2018

Does anyone know how the presets are organized in G2 and what type of program change messages I can use to switch between programs with iMIDI Patchbay?

Edit: Galileo2 accepts LSB Bank changes. Bank numbers are in brackets. Bank 0 and 1 are 'Favorites' and 'Recent'. If you want to select one of the factory presets you need to send LSB 2 or higher together with a programm number. Program numbers are also in brackets in the Gallileo2 preset browser.

• I want to use Galileo as audio unit in aum, controlling it with an external sequencer. but gallileo work only with 1-3 channels, how to make him see, for example, channel 8? The settings in Aum unfortunately do not work with gallileo. No have problem with another au, only with this organ.

• This is on sale at the mo. How does it stack up against other organ auv3’s?

• @waterdrop said:
    I want to use Galileo as audio unit in aum, controlling it with an external sequencer. but gallileo work only with 1-3 channels, how to make him see, for example, channel 8? The settings in Aum unfortunately do not work with gallileo. No have problem with another au, only with this organ.

Tap expert at the top then MIDI in the bottom-right corner to get to the midi settings.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@gregsmith said:
    This is on sale at the mo. How does it stack up against other organ

It’s sitting on top of the stack squashing the life right outta the rest of them. B)

• @wim said:
    Tap expert at the top then MIDI in the bottom-right corner to get to the midi settings.

Thank you! It’s a strange place for this preferences, could not find it.

• It'd be great to know what the organ models are.

Anyone know what the supposed Solina model is? None of them sound like one...

• @waterdrop said:

@wim said:

Thank you! It’s a strange place for this preferences, could not find it.

yup, nice sounding organ. but the midi settings are much more confusing than they need to be. Really annoying to have to dive into non-intuitive menus to set midi settings. And the Auv3 is one of the worst offenders in this regard.. the midi settings are spread out all over the place and some of them don't work well and are overly complicated to set up (seriously the worst keyboard split controls I've encountered in some time).

• @palm said:
    yup, nice sounding organ. but the midi settings are much more confusing than they need to be.

Just a quick note: if you are using AUv3 Galileo inside AUM as the host, then all the MIDI parameters are available inside the AUM routing. It works great from what I can tell by a quick test.

• @Hmtx said:

@palm said:
    yup, nice sounding organ. but the midi settings are much more confusing than they need to be.

Just a quick note: if you are using AUv3 Galileo inside AUM as the host, then all the MIDI parameters are available inside the AUM routing. It works great from what I can tell by a quick test.

not exactly true.. for setting up midi channels and splits, it all has to be done through the plugin's labyrinthine menus. And for me, it crashes regularly at which point it all has to be reset manually or the project reloaded as it's not stored in the patch.

• I’m experiencing crashes (Audio Unit plugin invalidated) in AUM, when minimising/maximising AUM, or minimising/maximising any IAA app in the session.

Anyone with an iPad 5th generation on iOS 14 care to test?

P.S. I’ve power cycled, messed with buffer size/sample rate, that sort of thing. Also reported the issue to Yonac.