Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Edit App : FERRITE

I love all the apps from these guys.

They also told me the drag and drop files from the audio apps to Mito is possible.

I haven't figured it out.(yet)

Peace.

I think I am gonna grab this today.

Already love the other audio app they have. But this looks like you can edit and combine samples.

ON THE PHONE as well.

So for a sample buff like me that is phat as hell

Comments

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very nice found!! I think I'll need that app.

• edited June 2018

Almost recommended this app yesterday to someone for podcasting. I haven’t used it though, so no idea how user friendly it is. Think it’s easy for a beginner on iOS to figure out?

• edited June 2018

Free version is not very useful, just tested it. You can import audio from files, but when you want to add more audio you’re prompted to pay pro version which is around 20 €. App + app + app.... 2000 €? A bit expensive for an iOS audio editor IMO.

• Ok, watched video does look handy for for voice and quick audio editing.

• Can you add markers , move them after they've been placed and move play head from marker to marker?

• No markers except those you enter during recording, markers are fixed to original position.
    Fast Forward/Backward (double arrow) uses markers and clip boundaries.
    It's probably cool for everything a podcaster or voice dubber needs, but it's a pity those markers aren't attachable (any time) to clips - it's the most responsive and precise tool for cuts and a rough arrangement that I'm aware of in IOS.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    I’ve gone back and forth about why id need this app. What does it do that I can’t do in days cubasis or BM3 @RUST( i )K ?

iPhone

Basically I don't need a new DAW.

I need a detailed multi sample merge/fx/ edit for quick reinsertion back into another app in use.

I often would use this like I use Twisted with Loopersonic.

I will play 2 loops and record them into Loopy HD.

But I want to make that one loop for Blocs I need a quick way to normalize trim add some delay or compression and merge the loops to be thrown in Blocs or Remix Live.

This app looks like a Swiss Army Knife for any Audiophile.

• @Telefunky said:
    No markers except those you enter during recording, markers are fixed to original position.
    It's probably cool for everything a podcaster or voice dubber needs, but it's a pity those markers aren't attachable (any time) to clips - it's the most responsive and precise tool for cuts and a rough arrangement that I'm aware of in IOS.

On the full version?

I am still gonna grab it after a I get an iTunes card on way to gym.

• Is it possible to apply fxs to some audio portions, like we can do in Sony Soundforge for example? For example adding compression only on snares, or pitching only some notes?

• edited June 2018

If for podcasting, here are the best apps:

Anchor (FREE) - https://anchor.fm
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anchor/id1056182234

Podcasting is a mystery and tedious to most people. Anchor app takes the guesswork out of it and simplifies it. Record high-quality podcasts, interviews, call-ins, create a feed and distribute it everywhere including Spotify, Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Stitcher and more.

BossJock - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bossjock-studio/id531205021
    (with built-in compression, limiting, etc)

• edited June 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@Telefunky said:
    No markers except those you enter during recording, markers are fixed to original position.

On the full version?

I am still gonna grab it after a I get an iTunes card on way to gym.

yes, I have the full version - and it's well worth it's price.
    It could be improved, though... (imho) with not too much effort to gain a lot of additional functionality as a more general multitrack audio editor.
    It may read strange, but I prefer Ferrite editing over Auria Pro (having both).
    The features are almost identical, but Ferrite is much smoother and precise in it's interaction.

I have to alter my comment about about the markers you place during recording.
    They remain tied to their original record position, but if you cut the file into segments (select the track, >> to next marker, cut, >> to next marker, cut etc), the markers move with their respective block, even if the segment is shifted to another track)

• Can you use Ferrite to record directly from the web? I've got the free version but it only seems to have the ability to record from the microphone.
    The paid version tangentially makes reference to things like podcasts, but doesn't actually say you can record directly from i.e. youtube and I'm not going to drop $29.99 to find out it can't.

• The most easy way to record from the web (or any app that produces audio and lacks a recording feature) is an interface with a routing control panel and AUM.
    (iConnectAudio4+, RME Babyface or UFX are the ones I know, but there may be more)
    No software can intercept the datastream because it's handled in hardware ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    The most easy way to record from the web (or any app that produces audio and lacks a recording feature) is an interface with a routing control panel and AUM.
    (iConnectAudio4+, RME Babyface or UFX are the ones I know, but there may be more)
    No software can intercept the datastream because it's handled in hardware ;)

Or you can use the excellent TubeAU and record directly into AudioShare.

• edited February 2020

Fingers crossed for them... smart solution, but advertizing that single channel is thin ice o:)

• @Telefunky said:
    Fingers crossed for them... smart solution, but advertizing that single channel is thin ice o:)

Worked more than fine so far.

• @RUST( i )K Likewise bro. Their apps are great. This is an amazing editor. Like Hokusai, it’s perfect for sample manicuring.