Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Some Underwater Motorik

Zeeon, Groovebox, Kosmonaut, AltiSpace, Audio Reverb, Feedbackguitar and ebowguitar played on Epiphone electricguitar through a mic-ed up Fender VibroChamp, recorded with ToneStack's MultiTrack Recorder.
Inspired by the pharmaceutically-fueled U-boats of WWII.
Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Liked it a lot. The simple little main synth riff loop and its variations in and out really made it for me. And a nice slight variation on the 'classic' Motorik beat. My only complaint is the drums, the snare specifically, sounds swishy, like a 128 kbps mp3. If intentional I beg pardon.

How do you like the VibroChamp? I ran across a1970 or 1972 model recently at a small-town insurance agency/music shop (yep, they do both, also where I stumbled upon a pristine vintage Moog that I bought). Didn't play it but I thought about picking it up, but he's got a Twin Reverb from the '60s he's not quite willing to sell yet that I might try to hold out for.

• Cool song, I wasn't familiar with the Motorik term before but that drum style is familiar.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Liked it a lot. The simple little main synth riff loop and its variations in and out really made it for me. And a nice slight variation on the 'classic' Motorik beat. My only complaint is the drums, the snare specifically, sounds swishy, like a 128 kbps mp3. If intentional I beg pardon.

How do you like the VibroChamp? I ran across a1970 or 1972 model recently at a small-town insurance agency/music shop (yep, they do both, also where I stumbled upon a pristine vintage Moog that I bought). Didn't play it but I thought about picking it up, but he's got a Twin Reverb from the '60s he's not quite willing to sell yet that I might try to hold out for.

Thanks!
    I did do a little bit crushing on the snare.
    The VibroChamp is a beauty. A 66 that my wife bought for me about 25 years ago. Oddly enough, the first amp that I ever owned as a teenager was a 65 Champ. Like an idiot teen, I quickly sold it because it "wouldn't blow down the walls" nor was it big enough for me to climb onto and jump off from! I bought a Peavey TNT because it was big and loud, man!😄

As great as the VibroChamps can be, I still wouldn't blame you for holding out for the 60s Twin. I have a 72 Twin with the Steve Jones mod of replacing the original speakers with Celestions. Sadly, I rarely get the opportunity to crank it up at home unless I desire a visit from the police.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Cool song, I wasn't familiar with the Motorik term before but that drum style is familiar.

Thanks!
    The motorik is generally kick/kick/snare/kick (add hihats to taste) all day long. It's hypnotic...and addictive to make.

• edited June 2018

@JeffChasteen said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Liked it a lot. The simple little main synth riff loop and its variations in and out really made it for me. And a nice slight variation on the 'classic' Motorik beat. My only complaint is the drums, the snare specifically, sounds swishy, like a 128 kbps mp3. If intentional I beg pardon.

Thanks!
    The VibroChamp is a beauty. A 66 that my wife bought for me about 25 years ago. Oddly enough, the first amp that I ever owned as a teenager was a 65 Champ. Like an idiot teen, I quickly sold it because it "wouldn't blow down the walls" nor was it big enough for me to climb onto and jump off from! I bought a Peavey TNT because it was big and loud, man!😄

As great as the VibroChamps can be, I still wouldn't blame you for holding out for the 60s Twin. I have a 72 Twin with the Steve Jones mod of replacing the original speakers with Celestions. Sadly, I rarely get the opportunity to crank it up at home unless I desire a visit from the police.

I hear ya. I don't currently have an amp, but I don't play live anymore so I don't really need one...I quite like DI tones and the Fabfilter Saturn. I used to always play with a Classic 30...perfect for Telecasters. I still feel like I need one, but I don't have a proper mic to record...and so on and more excuses until another expensive wormhole is inescapable.

• @oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@oat_phipps said:

Thanks!

I hear ya. I don't currently have an amp, but I don't play live anymore so I don't really need one...I quite like DI tones and the Fabfilter Saturn. I used to always play with a Classic 30...perfext for Telecasters. I still feel like I need one, but I don't have a proper mic to record...and so on and more excuses until another expensive wormhole is inescapable.

I know about that. That was the first thing that I recorded using a real amp in quite awhile. I generally use the VibroChamp as my sofa amp when I'm sitting around noodling at home. Most of the time I use Flying Haggis or Bias for recording.

• May I present you with the Klaus Dinger Seal of Accuracy!

Inspiring track, Jeff, thanks.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    May I present you with the Klaus Dinger Seal of Accuracy!

Klaus Dinger is such a powerful freakin drummer. Have you heard his Neóndian album? Funny this thread came about, I've listened to two Ashra albums and the aforesaid Dinger album today.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Klaus Dinger is such a powerful freakin drummer. Have you heard his Neóndian album? Funny this thread came about, I've listened to two Ashra albums and the aforesaid Dinger album today.

SYNCHRONICITY!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

SYNCHRONICITY!

Touché!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks!
    I am truly honored.

• That's a great track! Love that style of music.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    That's a great track! Love that style of music.

Thank you so much.

• I like it a lot. Think it could do with a little more love though. Clean up the drums a bit, get a more even performance for the synth part, spend some time on a better mix and master. I only say that cause I think the track is worth the trouble. Sometimes good compositions that could be great languish on soundcloud and it's sad :'(