Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk expansion sale - ending today - Recommendations?

Hi folk. Wondering what expansions are the faves. I'm a new user and have no expansions yet. Don't want to miss any "must-haves" if there are some. I find what's in here now quite good so would feel confident buying some more. Not too keen on getting synthy stuff unless it's something I don't own (lots of subtractive stuff, pretty well covered. Not too too into the DX7 fm thing. ) I make mainly groove oriented jazz influenced stuff- though not strictly jazz. Love dance sounds but don't necessarily write dance music. Hmm, whatever.
Recommendations from you all are welcome.

Comments

• I really like the percussion pack, lots of interesting textural sounds in there.

• edited June 2018

I'm not too observant as I just realized that there are sound demoes. Anyhow, I'll still be into hearing from you.
    Thanks Richardyot.

• edited June 2018

I’m also a new BeatHawk user. I went with natural (real world) instruments only. All the electronical stuff I left.

I’m happy with all the percussion’s including Cassical Percussion. The Mallets Pack is also very nice. I went also with the choirs (very nice), the string ensembles and the brass riffs.

With the guitars I’m not so happy up to now. I’m afraid the loops will not work for me. So I mainly interested in fully playable sounds.

I’m interested to buy also the Brass Ensembles and the Tutti Orchestra but I’m not sure.
    I also want decide today within in the sale. Any recommendations?

• I grabbed Mallets as well. India sounded beautiful to me, don't know how I'll use them but I couldn't resist. Latin percussion also sounded too good to pass up. I'd better step away from the purchase button but wait ... Mello?

• The B3 organ pack is tremendous.

• There was a thread about Mello. I don’t have it, but the reviews were not great.
    I have a lot of the acoustic/orchestral packs. I started with the Tutti Orchestra, which I really like, and started collecting the various ensembles. The Baroque pack has a really nice Classical Guitar in there.

I may pick up the String and Brass ensembles before the sale ends. Those are the last of the ensembles I don’t have. I also was not as interested in the ethnic and EDM themed packs since I have those covered with other apps. Maybe one day I will get those too.
    I did get the Scratch pack too. Mainly out of curiosity as to what you could do with it and it was really cheap. It is actually a lot of fun, and has a lot of the famous scratch sources from the classic hip hop era. Never thought I would like or use something like the Scratch Pack, but I am glad I gave it a try.

• Acoustic drums is the best on iOS imho

• @CracklePot said:
    The Baroque pack has a really nice Classical Guitar in there.

Is the Classical Guitar fully playable?
    I’m not very interested in Baroque but in Guitars! 🙂

• The 808 and 909s have a nice, long selection of quick and easy ‘booooooom’ing basses I was missing. Well worth the £2

• I did read that thread about Mello but I didn't get that it was terrible. I'm not going the Soundfont route, so hopefully that 4.99 won't be totally wasted. The demo sounded good in the mix at least to my ears. Thanks!

• I use the World Percussion pack all the time. I just bought Mallets and am quite happy with the quality so far--I anticipate using this one quite a bit too.

• @chandroji said:

@CracklePot said:

Not sure what you mean...
    I use GuitarCapo+ to drive it. BeatHawk doesn’t have a fake guitar interface to play it that I know of.
    Seems to cover the required note range fine.
    Here are the different articulation/play styles you get for the guitar.

I dig the Celesta and Harp, too.

• @CracklePot
    Many thanks for the screenshot!
    Looks good! I will buy it. I also like Harps... 👍

• @purpan2 said:
    The B3 organ pack is tremendous.

...I agree, but: it’s a shame that there so much wetness on reverb on the samples...

• Yes you can play the classical guitar either with BH keys or other midi controllers. Its amazing with ThumbJam. Sounds like al dimeola.

@chandroji said:

@CracklePot said:

• @Bootsy said:
    Yes you can play the classical guitar either with BH keys or other midi controllers. Its amazing with ThumbJam. Sounds like al dimeola.

🎶🎶🎶👍

• edited June 2018

For any former NanoStudio users, if you zip up all your TRG kits and drum samples into a single zip file and upload it iCoud, you can import them all into Beathawk in a single import, with all the original folders and sub-folders intact. I just did this yesterday. Now I essentially have my NanoStudio TRG kits and drum samples as an AUv3 via Beathawk.

You still need to assign the sounds to the pads and adjust volumes and panning, but it's a fairly quick and painless process.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I use the World Percussion pack all the time. I just bought Mallets and am quite happy with the quality so far--I anticipate using this one quite a bit too.

@ion677 said:
    Acoustic drums is the best on iOS imho

I agree the Acoustic Drums sounds really great. The round robin samples do a lot to make it realistic sounding.

I also love the Mallets Pack. It is in my top 3 favorites for the BH packs I have.

No opinion on World Pecussion, other than it is most likely really good. I don’t have this one, but all the other packs I have are really good, so I would imagine they are all pretty consistent in quality.

• @chandroji said:
    @CracklePot
    Many thanks for the screenshot!
    Looks good! I will buy it. I also like Harps... 👍

No problem, buddy. I hope you get as much use and enjoyment out of the Baroque Pack as I have. :)

• @Pee102 said:

@purpan2 said:
    The B3 organ pack is tremendous.

...I agree, but: it’s a shame that there so much wetness on reverb on the samples...

Also, galileo 2 comes out in two days with auv3 support. I'd wait and get galileo especially if you want drawbar control and a good rotary speaker emulation.

• Here are my recommendations. I mostly do instrumental composing, not club music or EDM:

Acoustic Grand: The Soft Piano 1 preset is amazing! One of the the best pianos on any platform.
    Baroque: The classical guitar is worth the price of the entire pack.
    Choirs: Amazing children's choir. Very realistic sounds for an iOS instrument.
    String Ensembles: Really nice. Love the string runs
    Tutti Orchestra: Love the "big" sound.
    World Percussion: A nice ethnic sounds.

I actually own most of the libraries. The only one that I don't like is "Talk Vox"

-Scarlet Jerry