Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new original instrumental song, “Salty Dreams”!

Comments

• Nice. Is that a live guitar recording or a re-creation using a sampler? It sounds real. Did you play it and how was it recorded. Any details appreciated. I have iRig guitar interfaces and a Presonus Audiobox USB so I'd probably run one of those into ToneStack as a IAP into Auria Pro but I'd be curious to see if you have a different setup or approach to get such a present sound for a clean guitar soloist.

• It’s a real guitar, played on a cheap strat knock-off and a Marshall JTM-30 using the clean channel and its built-in spring reverb (for the rhythm, also BOSS chorus, delay and compressor stomps). The interface used was the Apogee One and, as always, everything was edited and mixed in Auria Pro. Thank you so much!

• @AlberetoRobereto said:
    beautiful!

Thank you a lot, Alberto! I appreciate it!

• Soothing.🙏👍🏻

• Great work.

• Super chill. Nice track, man.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Soothing.🙏👍🏻

Many thanks!

• @PhilW said:
    Great work.

Thank you a lot!

• Smoooth like butta.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Smoooth like butta.

Thank you very much indeed!

• edited June 2018

Really cool music and thats coming from a dude who makes hard rugged boom bap hiphop bitcrushed beats - Really good work Well done
    Maybe good idea to put you name next to the track title in youtube

• edited June 2018

Richard Hawley ex band member of the band PULP -Very similar vibe He would sound good on your music
    Take a listen

• @waynerowand said:
    Super chill. Nice track, man.

Thank you so much, Wayne!

• well done, conactic!

• well done, conactic!

• @stormbeats said:
    Really cool music and thats coming from a dude who makes hard rugged boom bap hiphop bitcrushed beats - Really good work Well done

Thank you so much! What's the advantage of putting my name in the title of the video?

• @theconnactic said:

@stormbeats said:

Thank you so much! What's the advantage of putting my name in the title of the video?

Erm people will know its you before clicking the video :-)

• @stormbeats said:

@theconnactic said:

@stormbeats said:

Meaning the general public its good self promotion

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@theconnactic said:

@stormbeats said:

Meaning the general public its good self promotion

I thought it was that, but had to be sure. Where I stand, it's not very effective, because it kind of weakens the video's SEO in Youtube (check out this video: )

Thank you so much again!

• @chateauduvalier said:
    well done, conactic!

Thank you!

• You’re welcome... which apps, iPad etc did you use?

• Auria Pro with fabfilters, mainly... Also ampkit for the bass. The guitar is a real instrument, with physical stomp FXs and a real amp, a Marshall JTM-30. That’s about it.

• Dmitri you are incredibly prolific & it's not just "oh, gotta song done here u go, see if this sticks!" quantity for quantities sake; these last few songs have been excellent. I had an earworm a few days ago and I was going mad trying to figure out what it was, then it hit me that it was your tune "Wizard". That's the goal if you're pop/rock songwriting like I usually do, a memorable melody is a great thing.

But you don't just do the standard V-C-V-C-M8 songs, this instrumental is very well done. . .

And to @McDtracy's question regarding guitar recording, I've found that recording a part through an amp sim & then recording the same part with an SM57 on a small amp yields excellent results. The amp sim gets the presence & attack while the amp in a room gets the unmistakable sound of air moving adding dimension & body.

Yes you could record one pass and then duplicate the track, sending the dry signal to be reamped, etc but the above method is like vocal double tracking so the two parts thicken up the sound.

Great job @theconnactic

• @JRSIV said:
    Dmitri you are incredibly prolific & it's not just "oh, gotta song done here u go, see if this sticks!" quantity for quantities sake; these last few songs have been excellent. I had an earworm a few days ago and I was going mad trying to figure out what it was, then it hit me that it was your tune "Wizard". That's the goal if you're pop/rock songwriting like I usually do, a memorable melody is a great thing.

But you don't just do the standard V-C-V-C-M8 songs, this instrumental is very well done. . .

And to @McDtracy's question regarding guitar recording, I've found that recording a part through an amp sim & then recording the same part with an SM57 on a small amp yields excellent results. The amp sim gets the presence & attack while the amp in a room gets the unmistakable sound of air moving adding dimension & body.

Yes you could record one pass and then duplicate the track, sending the dry signal to be reamped, etc but the above method is like vocal double tracking so the two parts thicken up the sound.

Great job @theconnactic

Thank you so much!

• Cool, theconnactic, and thank you for the insights on recording, jrsiv!

• Indeed, great insights!