Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Troublemaker as FX?

Hey @brambos - have you ever thought of making Troublemaker an AUFX so all of the controls could modulate any incoming signal? I have a feeling that would be wonderful...

Comments

• Something that I’ve also thought about in the past — it’d be awesome!

• That would be amazing.

• Although it is fun trying to make your own chain in ToneStack...

• Indeed, can be mostly done in Tonestack. Will be awesome as AUv3

• I don’t get it. Do you mean replacing the oscillator with a live signal input? Or just having the awesome filter as an AU effect?

• @CracklePot said:
    I don’t get it. Do you mean replacing the oscillator with a live signal input? Or just having the awesome filter as an AU effect?

Replacing the oscillator to make it an FX unit with all of the same controls but on any synth or audio input of your choosing.

• Interesting thought. But then you'd still have to use MIDI notes to trigger the envelopes, because the envs are almost more important to the sound than the filter is. :)

• @brambos said:
    Interesting thought. But then you'd still have to use MIDI notes to trigger the envelopes, because the envs are almost more important to the sound than the filter is. :)

Rozeta Bassline ties still required for sure!

And yes, major new feature = happy to pay for new app :wink:

• @brambos said:
    Interesting thought. But then you'd still have to use MIDI notes to trigger the envelopes, because the envs are almost more important to the sound than the filter is. :)

As mentioned above wouldnt Rosetta bassline ties work ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

As mentioned above wouldnt Rosetta bassline ties work ?

Sure, but not many hosts support MIDI-controlled effects plugins. Just checking how useful it would be in practice for most people :)

Sounds like a fun experiment though.