Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ipolysix does it work well outside of the Korg environment?

I quite like to get a few korg apps but am concerned if they work well in hosts like AUM?

Any views on this question?

Comments

• @theinvisibleman No Korg apps are Audio Units, so can’t be controlled from within AUM (or Cubasis etc). You’d have to do so via IAA which is less than ideal. If you like the Korg synths I’d suggest using Gadget, although Polysix isn’t yet available.

• I’ve had nothing but problems trying to fit IAA apps into my workflow. I now no longer bother.

If I were to use any of the Korg apps again, I would run them within Gadget and connect Gadget to my workflow.

At this moment, I don’t even have any Korg stuff loaded and to be honest don’t miss them that much

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

You can control iPolySix from AUM, Cubasis, etc. just fine. Sure they aren’t AU but IAA does still work, just much less conveniently.

IPolySix is one of the least convenient as it supports the fewest current standards and can’t even be used with Gadget. I never use it unless I’m bored with everything else.

Generally, the Korg apps are stable, nostalgic, but unexciting to me. They are almost never updated except to fix bugs. So I don’t consider them at all future proof.

(Love iELECTRIBE though. )

• Most of Korg apps are Generators and not Instruments so it won’t let you configure any MIDI filtering through AUM. Most of them don’t let you share your patches to other devices. At least some Korg apps have an LE version for free you can try. Some people love the Korg stuff, I can’t stand it. I like the sound of ODYSSEI, but can rarely fit it into any setup. Seems like iPolySix is older so maybe you’ll be free of the BS Korg added with newer stuff.

• @DMan said:
    free of the BS Korg added with newer stuff.

What do you mean by that?

• edited June 2018

Hey guys! So as I suspected it would be best to look for other options unless I go all in on Korg gadget. I am very happy with AUM because it’s a breath of freash air to my usual Ableton set up on the PC. I‘m trying to steer clear from adding more iOS DAW/host apps so I will hold off on the ipolysix unless Korg make the jump to AUv3.

Thank you people✌️

p.s I’m actually eyeing synthscaper now 😏

• Proof of concept. Nothing special here.. took 10 minutes to set up.
    Just a few Korg IAA synths running in AUM with random sequences coming from StepPolyArp Unit and a couple AU effects added in. Only glitch I experienced was massive CPU spike switching between ODYSSEi and AUM. So, as long as your iPad is powerful enough to handle all the synths at the same time you should be good.

• Also, iPolysix is one of the oldest, least updated synths in Korg’s lineup. Comes with very few presets. Unless you’re getting it for nostalgia I’d opt for iMono/Poly. You’ll get a lot more presets, it’s still getting occasional updates and has a similar sound to the iPolysix.

• I use some of the Korg apps as IAA and no problems I can remember. However, I bought everything to use with Gadget, which is always reliable and gets the job done as a sketchpad. Unless you're a Gadget fan, or a big fan of the Korg sound with a particular synth, there are many better options for plug-ins.

• I love the sounds but it just lacks too many features and is too oddly constructed to be of any use to me.