Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS and Deluge

Hi!
I’ve always found the piano roll is a bit clumsy to work with on iOS because you have to zoom in/out, scroll and your finger is in the way for what you want to see. I still want to use iOS because the apps is good both in quality and price. So I’ve been looking for something that would have a easy interface but I still want to use all the iOS instruments and effects. I found Synthstrom Deluge that I think will work nicely with iOS. I want to do all midi editing on the Deluge and send midi to iOS instruments and record all audio in Cubasis. All midi editing eill be on a physical hardware device which probably will be easy and fast. Anyone tried the Deluge and do you think this is a good idea?
Thanks

Comments

• If it works for you that’s great, seems a bit like putting the cart before the horse to me though.

• @CRAKROX said:
    If it works for you that’s great, seems a bit like putting the cart before the horse to me though.

It’s just an idea, not sure if it’s gonna work smoothly. I still want the deluge even if not in conjunction with ios

• any external sequencer will ease the work in IOS ;)
    which could be as well be a 2nd or even 3rd iPad (considering the Synthstrom price - but midi is only a fraction of this unit's capabilities)

• @Telefunky the way you enter notes with the deluge seems very fast and intuitive. I’m not going to buy it just for midi but I think its song arranger will make it faster and more fun than an iOS sequencer

• edited June 2018

FWIW, i bought an Elektron Octatrack mk2 for the same workflow solution and it’s been great. The Deluge looks like an awesome instrument but seems hard to come by these days...very limited runs of hardware.

Have you looked at the Digitakt or Digitone from Elektron?

• @fattigman said:
    @Telefunky the way you enter notes with the deluge seems very fast and intuitive. I’m not going to buy it just for midi but I think its song arranger will make it faster and more fun than an iOS sequencer

Have you worked with Genome Midi on iOS?
    I can hardly imagine a faster way to compose with piano roll and MIDI keyboard.

• @echoopera I have looked at digitakt but I want a song mode which the digitakt is lacking.

@rs2000 Will definitely check out genome.

Thanks

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles I’m curious about the op-z too. But it has all these visual stuff that I’m not interested in.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rs2000 I can’t find any info if genome supports audiobus midi. Does it?

• Also if you haven’t looked at Modstep, it’s a great sequencer once you get the workflow. What i love about modstep, is that it’s great for sequencing internal and external gear at the same time.

• edited June 2018

@fattigman said:
    @rs2000 I can’t find any info if genome supports audiobus midi. Does it?

I'm quite sure it does, but I'm happy to verify that later.
    The way I used Genome was usually to have 2 or 3 synth apps in the background and sequence them with Genome on different MIDI channels.

• @echoopera I have modstep but I have problem with its gui. I haven’t opened it for over a year so maybe I should give a try again.

@rs2000 thanks

• edited June 2018

@fattigman said:
    @rs2000 thanks

I'm sorry I cannot test because Audiobus 3 doesn't support iOS 9. I have to stay on iOS 9 on my iPad for a number of beta tests.
    But like I said, it works well using iOS CoreMidi.

• @fattigman said:

Genome doesn’t support AB midi, but it does support AB as an Audio input, which means it can be placed as a ride-along in your AB setup and appears on all the side tool bars in each of the apps in your session...
    The core midi implementation including clock and cc is rocksolid, it isn’t one of those apps plagued by iOS midi woes.

• @fattigman said:
    @echoopera I have modstep but I have problem with its gui. I haven’t opened it for over a year so maybe I should give a try again.

You really should. It’s one of the nicer piano rolls and step sequencers on iOS imho.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@fattigman said:

Genome doesn’t support AB midi, but it does support AB as an Audio input, which means it can be placed as a ride-along in your AB setup and appears on all the side tool bars in each of the apps in your session...

I just learned by pure chance that Genome even has tone generators and fx onboard.
    (always thought it was midi only, oops)

• edited June 2018

@Telefunky said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@fattigman said:

I just learned by pure chance that Genome even has tone generators and fx onboard.
    (always thought it was midi only, oops)

Yep it can work as an all in one, I like the drum synth in particular. I’d combine his drum synth and Modstep’s additive synth to make a super-sequencer-that-works-as-an-all-in-one