Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta XOX Bug?

wimwim
edited June 2018 in General App Discussion

Recently trying to dial in mutation or velocity on patterns other than the first has become buggy for me. When I turn a dial on pattern two or higher, when I let go, it snaps back to zero. Then, flipping back to the first pattern, that dial now has the value I was trying to set in the other pattern. Reproducible in AUM, apeMatrix, and Cubasis.

Anyone else seeing this, before I try an uninstall/reinstall?

[edit] actually, it’s happening on my phone too, so I’d say it’s not likely to be an installation issue.

Comments

• I was having problems getting patterns to switch using any of the automated methods. Only manual mode seemed to work. In auto mode, it couldn’t get past pattern 2, then would return to pattern 1 and stay there.

• edited June 2018

Strange. Just tried quickly in AUM and it’s working as expected. I can’t reproduce either of the two issues above. I’ll look into it some more.

Keep in mind that the Pattern you’re editing is not necessarily also the same pattern you’re hearing. The UI will never change the pattern ‘currently being edited’ by itself - the user always has to actively change it.

• @brambos Yeah it was the first time I ever noticed anything strange. I will see if it is persistent on my end and also see if I can remedy it with the usual tricks.

• @brambos said:
    Strange. Just tried quickly in AUM and it’s working as expected. I can’t reproduce either of the two issues above. I’ll look into it some more.

Keep in mind that the Pattern you’re editing is not necessarily also the same pattern you’re hearing. The UI will never change the pattern ‘currently being edited’ by itself - the user always has to actively change it.

That’s really strange since I can reproduce it 100% of the time on two devices and every host. Play is not running and I’m positive I’m on the right patterns.

1. Open AUM or other host.
    2. Load Rozeta XOX
    3. Switch to pattern 2 or higher
    4. Change any of the knobs. The knob snaps back to zero no matter what I do.
    5. Go back to pattern 1. The knob has changed to whatever position I last tried to set on the other pattern.

Since no-one else is reporting this I have to assume it’s just me. Will try uninstall and reinstall, but can’t think why that would help if it’s the same on two devices.

• @wim said:

@brambos said:

That’s really strange since I can reproduce it 100% of the time on two devices and every host. Play is not running and I’m positive I’m on the right patterns.

1. Open AUM or other host.
    2. Load Rozeta XOX
    3. Switch to pattern 2 or higher
    4. Change any of the knobs. The knob snaps back to zero no matter what I do.
    5. Go back to pattern 1. The knob has changed to whatever position I last tried to set on the other pattern.

Since no-one else is reporting this I have to assume it’s just me. Will try uninstall and reinstall, but can’t think why that would help if it’s the same on two devices.

I can confirm it and reproduce it just as you say.

• edited June 2018

Is that while playing or in ‘stopped mode’ (shouldn't make a difference but I just realized I've only tried while playing)? I’ll see if I can reproduce it somehow.

• I just reinstalled and no change. However, I tried in play mode and it only happened occasionally. Most of my tests have been in stopped mode. I made sure no other apps or plugins running.

• Ok, thanks. I'm on it. No bugs allowed in my apps B)

• But that would be kinda boring.

• edited June 2018

I have seen Mod and Vel knobs reset themselves after I change them or not allow me to change them. Nothing I was able to reproduce however.

PS - just tried as described above and I get the same behavior.

• Upgraded to iOS 11.4. No change.

• Oh I’ve run into this before! Somehow forgot about it but I can reproduce consistently now as well.

Here’s a screen recording @brambos. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbs25hhma7ienj6/IMG_2501.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

• edited June 2018

I figured out a work around. The problem is that when you select another pattern, it looks like you are editing that pattern from what the active drums look like.

But, if you look at the pattern selector, you should notice that although the pattern you are editing is lit up brightly, pattern one has a dim square on it.

This indicates that you are actually still on pattern one, somehow. This is why when you edit the mutate or velocity, it wigs out and snaps back to zero. But if you look at pattern one, your changes registered here.

So, to get around it, hit play and select your pattern you wish to edit. Wait for the loop cycle to end and your selected pattern begins to play. You should also only see your pattern lit up, but no grey square on pattern one. Press pause and edit your pattern, and it should be all good.

Be sure you DO NOT hit rewind, otherwise you will go back to pattern one with the grey square, and you are also back at square one. If you rewind, do the play trick again.

• Yes, the issue seems somehow related to playing/not playing. I’ll fix it asap. :)

• @brambos. My previous statement about the pattern switching problem I encountered was due to me being a dum-dum. I wasn’t using it correctly.

My problem was I didn’t realize that each pattern has a setting on how it should switch.
    I thought you just get one setting for all of them. I have the habit of rewinding when I stop, so I was only ever editing pattern one’s switch setting.

It works fine, now that I am up to speed on how to use it. Sorry for the false report. B)

• @wim said:
    But that would be kinda boring.

Boring or not, I found the bug and it's squashed now. Fix coming in an update soon! :)

• @brambos said:

@wim said:

Boring or not, I found the bug and it's squashed now. Fix coming in an update soon! :)

Impeccable customer service! :D

• @anickt said:

@brambos said:

@wim said:

Boring or not, I

• @anickt said:

@brambos said:

@wim said:

Dutch efficiency at it's finest Bravo Bram!

• I noticed this a while back but just figured it was part of the play head mechanism - during playback you can only edit the parameters of the scene that's currently playing back. Nice to know it's being addressed

• @brambos You are The Champion! <3

• Thanks @brambos Great work! B)

I use multiple patterns all the time. It’s really cool to copy a pattern, maybe strip it down a little, then dial up the randomness on some or all pads. Then jump to that pattern every once in awhile for a surprisingly effective fill.

The only thing I wish for all the time is the ability to jump to a particular pattern by number in the follow actions. I know Rozeta is basically fully baked, but that would be an extremely useful feature if you felt like messing around with it a bit more.