Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In My Dreams (emotive soundtrack)

Another one for the weekend :)

Comments

• Excellent!

• Nice bit of Euphoria Fedelty matey. ;)

• Great - What Violin/Viola sound are u using?

• Very nice.

• Lovely sounds @Cib ! What are you using for the strings, violin and choir?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Lovely sounds @Cib ! What are you using for the strings, violin and choir?

It´s a combination of HZ Strings (Spitfire), NOVO (Heavyocity), Vocalise (Heavyocity) and Bohemian Violin (Virharmonic).
    First i wanted to use iSymphonic but it was a bit to unstable and while some sounds are really great as backtracking strings, they sound a bit too synthetic and there is no real editing possible, so i removed it and just used Kontakt and UVI Falcon. I also wanted to use Finger Fiddle but without midi in it´s also just for some FX and playing around.
    That´s a let down still for me. I really want to use more of the nice iOS tools again but it´s hard to implement them in a bigger project without it kills my workflow or it will crash in some ways.
    But i think i will do a iOS only track next time to see if i still can do this.
    I just have no DAW now i want to use there. Only BM2 and audio tracks is what i could use now to put something together.

• edited June 2018

Thought it wasn't iOS @Cib - the iPad apps can sound really good until you hear what other non-iOS sofware can do! :wink:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thought it wasn't iOS @Cib - the iPad apps can sound really good until you hear what other non-iOS sofware can do! :wink:

To be fair...this track even doesn´t sound good compared to what other can do with midi mock-ups and stuff.
    I still have to learn more about orchestra and theory etc.
    With the right FX apps like iSymphonic, ThumbJam and some others can sound quite good.
    Like i said i started with some apps and it sounded better than i thought until i reached a point where i needed a good solo violin and more articulations.
    I think it could be a great challenge to put together a string and key track like this with iOS only.
    I think iSymphonic could be great but i really would have to buy all packs if i want to put my "own" orchestra together and RAM is a big missing factor on iOS as well as options to edit things in depth.
    But indeed it´s for me also much more easy to get better results with tools which sounds better out of the box.
    But i also learned that sometimes the engine makes a big part of a great sound.
    F.e. i love The Orchestra (a Kontakt instrument) which has just about 7GB of content for all strings, brass, woodwinds, choir, glockenspiel and some more it included but the engine is just awesome and makes it one of the greatest orchestra tools for me to play with...i often just play it for fun and wonder how great it can sound if you just play some chords with it. It sounds almost like recorded phrases but with the different that you really can play it live and are not bound to a specific key or playing style.
    An instrument like this or at least an engine like this combined with the sample content from f.e. iSymphonic could maybe do the same.
    You could do it maybe with layering instances and using midi FX and automation etc. but that would be again a workflow killer if i need hours to set something up i need just minutes for in such a tool.
    But of course these tools have a price but it´s worth it for me since i love to use it.
    Also some of the tools are even cheap for what i get for me.
    If i had a wish i would like all the Heavyocity stuff first for iOS. Especially Vocalise 1 and 2 are awesome.
    This is indeed maybe the biggest gap ever in iOS about music. Tools with voices, vox and other vocal stuff.
    So far Alchemy´s Dream Voices is....or was....the best on iOS by far.
    Then there are things like N.I. Kinetic Metal f.e. which only use 2 GB of samples but the engine behind it is also so great that it sounds almost like a sampled 200GB collection of obscure clock works and other metal things. :)
    Now if i look at some of the great GUI´s for these tools i could imagine that a proper multi-touch GUI could take that even further for live performance.

• Cool, I could imagine this in a movie.

Ive been playing with iSymphonic but Im no where close to creating a proper orchestral type arrangement.
    Was a bit disappointed after buying it that so many sounds are locked behind IAPs. Maybe Im just spoiled, probably have enough to keep me busy for quite a while anyways.

• Nice work! :-)

• Thanks for this. I’m sitting here at the hospital waiting for my wife to come out of surgery and this really helped calm me down. I like the sparingly used vocal sounds, and the improvisational feel. Some very nice sounds throughout. The artwork for the track is nice too! :smile:

• @obijohn said:
    Thanks for this. I’m sitting here at the hospital waiting for my wife to come out of surgery and this really helped calm me down. I like the sparingly used vocal sounds, and the improvisational feel. Some very nice sounds throughout. The artwork for the track is nice too! :smile:

Thank‘s...and all the best to your wife! I hope all is well!