Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Rick Beato - “Apple is good if you like crap.”

Comments

• This looks cheery.

• This dude made this video for hits.

• It's just another bitter a-hole venting his frustrations :D

• edited June 2018

He does make some good solid points about the constant changing of ports with each new generation of laptops, and of course everybody's complaint about being forced to use a shitty dongle to hear music with regular non-Bluetooth headphones.

However, the other parts about Facetime and iTunes came off as one of those "things were simpler back in my days"/"get off my lawn" old fart rants. :smirk: Also, did you notice that Rick definitely takes after his mom?

• @Samu said:
    It's just another bitter a-hole venting his frustrations :D

agreed.

• Little too bitter but the man surely made some good points.

• Crap is good if you like PooTube. :p

• Some good points, some awful points

• edited June 2018

Sure he mentioned some serious points. But is it really so bad now?
    Rick own several macs and I’m sure they are still running and he can produce his music, even with an older system. I don’t know he will really change to a windows based system?
    Will Rick throw his iPhones away and change to android? I don’t think so.

Yes, I can understand his frustrations. I’m also afraid that the next iPadPro will miss the headphone jack... 😩

I own a 13’ MacBook Pro TB and I love it because the small size and weight but I hate it when I need to use dongles. But I also keeping my old mbp which gives me all the ports I may need. It’s still alive and serves me good when I need it. Maybe I will sell my MBP TB because I don’t use it that much. I switched my main computer work oto my iPad so my old MBP will be serve me as well when I need it.

ITunes - Luckily I also own some very old macs they are still alive. My main iTunes Music library is running on a MacMini 2006 with Snow Leopard. I’m sure this Maschine will work even at the year 2023! 👍😎

So where is the problem Rick?

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s hard to explain to folks I use apple products for the software third party developers have made for them and not the devices themselves. If a more robust selection of music production software was available on Android I’d be there

• If Apple goes USB-C on the iPhone and iPad there will no longer be any use for the CCK's as the USB-C port will handle that directly, yey!(Ie. just get a powered USB-C hub with card-reader and enough ports and hook everything to that including power). There are plenty of cheap USB-C->3.5 dongles out there that give the Apple Ligntning->3.5mm dongle a run for it's money when it comes to quality both build and audio...

• chekout his videos about music.
    his views about apple are his- we've all got them.
    one thing he's not is a a-hole posting another moan vlog or whatever.
    i've watched quite a few of his vids and find them really informative

• Although iTunes is one of the worst bits of software ever created I'm sticking with Apple products as I have far fewer problems than I had with Windows or Android.

• @mrcanister said:
    chekout his videos about music.

I’ve subscribed to his channel and like most of his videos. Some are very complicated for me and I understand just a half of them. But thy are very informative and helpful. I already learned a lot from him. 👍 I also enjoy his livestreams.

But this video is a little bit strange for me. I’m afraid he took this too much seriously.

I think his latest Computer is a powerful HackIntosh, he made a video on this topic.
    So where is the problem? He still use the Apple System and I don’t think that he is going to switch...

• edited June 2018

@mrcanister said:

He is an amazing musician but he is a bitter man. Some of the replies he made to people were uncalled for.

• @Mark B that's true! But things as cheaper and longer lasting cables are a must and usb c in stead of cck also.

• @theinvisibleman said:

@mrcanister said:

He is an amazing musician but he is a bitter man. Some of the replies he made to people were uncalled for.

True, but I prefer my amazing musicians, but bitter men, better when they are named "Miles Davis" and "Lou Reed"
    This guy I can take or leave.

• @theinvisibleman
    @chandroji
    i haven't watched the apple vid. i just presumed it was the usually frustrations most people have.
    yeah, some of his stuff is really complex. i watched one about choral composition and i didn't understand half of what he was talking about. i do like his 'what makes this song great' series too.
    he seems really personable and passionate about music.
    but posting vids like that doesn't really make any difference, companies follows their own set model, suppose.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@theinvisibleman said:

@mrcanister said:

True, but I prefer my amazing musicians, but bitter men, better when they are named "Miles Davis" and "Lou Reed"

Absolutely!

• @JeffChasteen

for me i prefer artists, musicians etc to be heard but not seen. they're almost all a big disappointment when they do interviews. morrisey is a perfect example- such a 'uncharming man'

• Brings to mind my favourite mantra 'Bye Apple, Bye Apple' or is it 'Buy Apple, Buy Apple'. Mmmm...

• @Samu said:
    It's just another bitter a-hole venting his frustrations :D

Amen

• @Max23 said:
    boohoo, cry me a river, my computer just died and now I talk a lot of junk ^^
    all that junk about firewire & thunderbolt is just crap, there are downwards compatible and there are much unloved TB to FW nicknacks ^^
    btw. you can daisy chain a lot of of stuff with TB (like GPUs or what have you), that wasn't possible with fw and fw didn't push that much data ...

So he doesn't like iTunes, yeah there totally is no other other software to play back media ^^

SRSLY, Im sorry I wasted my time with this video.

Preach it girl ;) agreed

• @mrcanister said:

@JeffChasteen

for me i prefer artists, musicians etc to be heard but not seen. they're almost all a big disappointment when they do interviews. morrisey is a perfect example- such a 'uncharming man'

Years ago, I used to prefer Morrissey's interviews to his music (sue me, but I never cared for that twee jangle) when he was a caustic, but clever crank. However, in the past several years he has become both hateful and stupid. Now, I don't consume him in any form.

• edited June 2018

I've actually quite enjoyed watching his music theory videos , after discovering his channel thanks to this controversial apple takedown he posted last year. As others here have pointed out, gaining new eyes was likely at least part of his motivation. Though, like Louis Rossmann, his gripe with Apple is mostly based on solid ground. I hope Apple pays attention to constructive criticism --especially from people like Rossmann, and works to alleviate the problem areas.

• edited June 2018

Even if i like Logic and mac i agree. A lot others say the same (on you-tube as well) about macs these days.
    I think iPads are still the best tablets out there, iPhones are O.K. but beside 3D touch and the music apps nothing special compared to other smartphones.
    I feels like Apple really let the mac die slowly. But maybe they just prepare for the next super upgrade.....but i doubt it.

• Yeah, a rant. So what? Everything's frustrating these days for us old folks. I'm relatively new to Apple, so my expectations were formed by Microsoft. Nuf said.

Rick Beato's channel is first class. Loads of real information for anyone wanting to learn or possibly expand their knowledge of music. I imagine he'd love to respond to the wisdom here, but probably too busy working on something useful.

• I have to agree with the vid. Apple has gone downhill since Steve Jobs passed away. Yes the vid is a rant, but a realistic one. Also @jakoB_haQ excellent music vid says it all (Dongles) really. Maybe that’s why I have slowly gone back to Windows to making music. Still it is what it is. You either stick by Apple(if you like pain & moaning & money wasting) by buying there products, & there new iOS Fuck ups, & they make more Dongles for everybody, or go elsewhere.. Simple really...... :)

• Geezers got more money than sense. What's going on with all those iPhone 4's ?