Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ios/Bluetooth War Or Peace?

I understand Apple has eliminTed the HP jack and people in this community don't like it because of the latency issue.

Question: will Bluetooth ever be adjusted to accommodate our needs (I don't Because of our needs, just because it would be a good improvement generally)

Also what are the workarounds. Dongle Hub? Both?

It's easy to see why Apple would do this. Cables are almost an anachronism. No more wrong cables. Isn't that good?

Comments

• It's not only about latency, as far as I've understood there's also lossy compression involved.
    The work-around is to use a Lightning CCK & USB-Hub with an audio-interface when applicable.

Then again if we ever get affordable lossless wireless audio with ~1ms latency I'm all game...

• Little lightning to jack dongle works really perfectly here, and its DAC is really good.
    I use CCK3 and iRig Pro IO with a condenser mic for my sax setup and it works perfectly too.

Something which is not often mentioned is that jack removing allow for waterproof and double speakers features, and I think this is pretty useful for an iPhone.

• @Janosax said:

Something which is not often mentioned is that jack removing allow for waterproof and double speakers features, and I think this is pretty useful for an iPhone.

Not get into 'technicalities' but the Samsung S8/S9 have higher (IP68) waterproof rating that the iPhone (IP67) and still have the headphone jack.

So the Apples 'courage' to remove the headphone-jack has nada to do with waterproofing it's just a move to push the Airpods, Beats stuff and Homepod thing...

• Wow, didn't know the pluses @Janosax.sorry, didn't understand... what is "Little lightning"?

Downloading Sensual Sax as we speak. Closest as I can come to playing a horn. Are you a jazz player?

• edited June 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Wow, didn't know the pluses @Janosax.sorry, didn't understand... what is "Little lightning"?

Downloading Sensual Sax as we speak. Closest as I can come to playing a horn. Are you a jazz player?

This is this little dongle selled with iPhones:

https://www.apple.com/fr/shop/product/MMX62ZM/A/adaptateur-lightning-vers-mini-jack-35-mm

What is sure is that for midi controllers I’ve gone BT and buyed a Nanokey Studio, same thing for pedalboard and have a BlueBoard IKM.

I be got some jazz foundation, as a big John Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders fan, but I’m not really a hardcore jazz player. I’ve a got a jazzy sax playing but my productions mixes hip-hop, dub, electro and world mostly.

And you, are you a sax player?

Here are my latest iPhone produced babies if you’re interested :smile:

• Wow, that first track was amongst the best I have heard! Beautiful horn(s), great production.and all on a phone. So amazing,
    I'm a piano player. Will pm you about it, thanks!

• edited June 2018

Thanks you!! Coming from a pianist who has played at Bluebird and Blue Note, as I’ve read in your Ravenscroft 275 post, that means a lot!! Hope you’ll share some of your piano performance recordings :smile: