Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DAW LP AUv3 by Klevgrand - OUT NOW - Demo for the iPad

I think this will be another very popular AUv3 for those who love the Lo-Fi feel, personally, I love the Lo-Fi retro goodness

You can get DAW LP here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daw-lp/id1391494450?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Is it possible to do some 'scratching' the record?(I mean it's spinning and all).

• @samu I don’t think so but I didn’t try absolutely everything, I'll have a blast and get back to you

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @samu I don’t think so but I didn’t try absolutely everything, I'll have a blast and get back to you

Cool, 'scratching' is possible on the WebLP as is automating the start/stop for the tape-stop type effects :)
    (The thread with the java-script hacks for WebLP make me drool over AUv3 automation possibilities of DawLP).

• edited June 2018

Yah for me it is really about having an AU scratcher to sample BM3. If I could automate scratching two instances on the same track then omg.

Edit: Hah, just caught myself thinking that I am not into making things sound intentionaly bad but that is exactly what scratching is to a lot of people, hehe

• @Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @samu I don’t think so but I didn’t try absolutely everything, I'll have a blast and get back to you

Cool, 'scratching' is possible on the WebLP as is automating the start/stop for the tape-stop type effects :)
    (The thread with the java-script hacks for WebLP make me drool over AUv3 automation possibilities of DawLP).

Remember when Cakewalk has that cal scripting language in their DAW. It would be nice to bring that concept back. JavaScript functions that can be applied to MIDI clips?

• Sounds nice!! But why this « DAW LP » name?

I was thinking about a new iOS DAW when reading topic title...

• @Janosax said:
    Sounds nice!! But why this « DAW LP » name?

I was thinking about a new iOS DAW when reading topic title...

me too

• @Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

These features are unfortunately not in the beta, at least not that I can figure out. The rest is, however.

• @Daveypoo said:

@Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

These features are unfortunately not in the beta, at least not that I can figure out. The rest is, however.

Maybe there are some AUv3 parameters present that do not have UI buttons?(Meaning it will be impossible to automate them in Cubasis for now) but other 'hosts' that expose all parameters prior to automating will work.

• @samu I just tried to use scratching and I couldn’t get it to work so I don’t think you can

• Thanks Doug and another InstaBuy from Klevgrand

• edited June 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @samu I just tried to use scratching and I couldn’t get it to work so I don’t think you can

doh :(

• It is going to be a pretty good addition to the ios dirt box
    For those who like to dirty up those sounds.....it does not scratch

• Released today so just updating with my link, cheers
    You can get DAW LP here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daw-lp/id1391494450?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• No scratch no catch

• Love this - just used it on a track the other night on a Synth lead and it dirtied it up nicely, thank you very much.

• I love DAW Casette, and have used it loads since release, but this one doesn’t quite have the same appeal to me. Casette, beyond adding tape hiss, also affects the signal itself, with saturation, and motor warble affecting the actual tone of the signal. LP seems to just add hum and crackle to the signal. Am I missing something here?

• DawLP is amazing and to me greater than the sum of its on-paper parts: if you're into lo-fi / nostalgia / grit / texture in your sound design there's magic within LP. The Ducking is lovely and overall Feel of this one sets it apart from the other (also worth having) apps in this field.

• edited June 2018

@Cliffy said:
    I love DAW Casette, and have used it loads since release, but this one doesn’t quite have the same appeal to me. Casette, beyond adding tape hiss, also affects the signal itself, with saturation, and motor warble affecting the actual tone of the signal. LP seems to just add hum and crackle to the signal. Am I missing something here?

Maybe they could add a 'Needle Skip' feature where it listens to another track (ala sidechain) to mimic the real turntable experience; like when you walk to close to one on a springy floor (my living room, for instance) or a DJ who sets up too close to the subs. :)

• @realdawei said:

@Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Remember when Cakewalk has that cal scripting language in their DAW. It would be nice to bring that concept back. JavaScript functions that can be applied to MIDI clips?

Reaper allows for custom scripting via "ReaScript". Pretty sure another of the desktop DAWs allows for scripting via LUA but I can't recall which.

• @Cliffy said:
    I love DAW Casette, and have used it loads since release, but this one doesn’t quite have the same appeal to me. Casette, beyond adding tape hiss, also affects the signal itself, with saturation, and motor warble affecting the actual tone of the signal. LP seems to just add hum and crackle to the signal. Am I missing something here?

Well, the amp quality and needle quality have big effects on distortion artifacts. The needle especially can drastically affect the high end...I was playing with certain presets with Galileo 2 earlier and it accented a high harmonic so much that it was unusable at any level...so those controls do have a subtle or, in that special case, drastic effect. Jerking the cable quality can also help destroy the sound as well, but in a more predictable and less desirable (imo) way.

I’m surprised so many are diappointed because of the lack of ‘wicky-wicky’ feature. But, at the end of the day, I’ll admit that this one isn’t as cool as DAW Cassette, even though I like it a whole lot. It doesn’t seem to ‘blend’ with the signal audio as well as the previous did.

• I saw this cool video, where dj puzzle uses this app to create a soundscape with crackling and noises...

Can Lo Fly Dirt do something like this too? Or is this only an effect? I am aware that I could use a noise crackling wave file in fileplayer too, but then i would loose the possibility to manipulate the source. What would you choose?

• @david_2017 said:
    I saw this cool video, where dj puzzle uses this app to create a soundscape with crackling and noises...

The next step is to run those DAW LP glitches through DAW Cassette.

• Ja, but can Lo fly dirt do the same as universal Build? Can it generate cracklings and noises without an additional source? Thanks for insight

• Really surprised that this plugin doesn't have a preset system