Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Update for GDPR?

Is this anything to do with that EU data privacy thing, or something else?

Comments

• I was wondering the same thing

• Yup General Data Protection Regulation. For companies that do biz in Europe?

• Aha - Europa geht durch mich

• MidiFlow has been selling my data? That would be pretty weird, eh? :D

• I just got charged again for MIDIFlow! That has never happened before. It wouldn’t update for some reason so I uninstalled and reinstalled. It said I had to approve payment again so I though that was just the crappy AppStore and that it will tell me that I have already paid for it but no, it has taken my money. How annoying is that? I will send both receipts to Apple and hope for a refund.

• 2018-06-16T03:52:51Z Midiflow has received the following information from port A: Note on, note number 33, channel 3. Midiflow would like to forward this information to port B. Please select 'OK' to proceed.
    2018-06-16T03:52:54Z Midiflow has received the following information from port A: Note off, note number 33, channel 3. Midiflow would like to forward this information to port B. Please select 'OK' to proceed.

etc

• @gusgranite said:
    I just got charged again for MIDIFlow! That has never happened before. It wouldn’t update for some reason so I uninstalled and reinstalled. It said I had to approve payment again so I though that was just the crappy AppStore and that it will tell me that I have already paid for it but no, it has taken my money. How annoying is that? I will send both receipts to Apple and hope for a refund.

Is it possible you were signed in with a different Apple ID than when you purchased?

• @gusgranite said:
    I just got charged again for MIDIFlow! That has never happened before. It wouldn’t update for some reason so I uninstalled and reinstalled. It said I had to approve payment again so I though that was just the crappy AppStore and that it will tell me that I have already paid for it but no, it has taken my money. How annoying is that? I will send both receipts to Apple and hope for a refund.

If apps get ‘hidden’ in purchase history this can happen too.

• Well it’s not quite in the same league as the two mil vaping tank limit for the EU - politicians are universally fuck wits lol

• @wim said:

@gusgranite said:

Is it possible you were signed in with a different Apple ID than when you purchased?

Yeah, I was being an idiot...

• GDPR could be an acronym for many things. It would be nice if Johannes would settle it for us.

• GDPR, indeed, stands for General Data Protection Regulation. Midiflow was not selling any data :) However, I had a mail form in the apps, that had to be removed.

• @JohannesD said:
    GDPR, indeed, stands for General Data Protection Regulation. Midiflow was not selling any data :) However, I had a mail form in the apps, that had to be removed.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Slightly off topic but do you have any plans to make AUv3 versions of the midi-flow apps?

• Slightly off topic but do you have any plans to make AUv3 versions of the midi-flow apps?

Yes!

• @JohannesD said:

Slightly off topic but do you have any plans to make AUv3 versions of the midi-flow apps?

Yes!

Cool!

The MF Keyboard would be pretty handy addition to any host :)

• @JohannesD said:

Yes!

That is awesome. B)

Just wanted to ask...
    How come you don’t advertise that Midiflow AB FX work in AUM? I just recently discovered this and totally flipped out.
    Not as AU, just IAA.
    They complain about starting/using them in Audiobus, but if you choose continue without Audiobus, KABOOM! MidiflowFX in AUM! :)

• @CracklePot said:

@JohannesD said:

Yes!

That is awesome. B)

Just wanted to ask...
    How come you don’t advertise that Midiflow AB FX work in AUM? I just recently discovered this and totally flipped out.
    Not as AU, just IAA.
    They complain about starting/using them in Audiobus, but if you choose continue without Audiobus, KABOOM! MidiflowFX in AUM! :)

How do you make this work? I mean the MF keyboard as IAA works to trigger notes in other synts hosted in AUM but when I try to start with MF keyboard, route it to MF Transpose, and finally the hosted synth, this doesnt seem to work. Any tip?

• @AlexB said:

@CracklePot said:

@JohannesD said:

Yes!

That is awesome. B)

Just wanted to ask...
    Not as AU, just IAA.

How do you make this work? I mean the MF keyboard as IAA works to trigger notes in other synts hosted in AUM but when I try to start with MF keyboard, route it to MF Transpose, and finally the hosted synth, this doesnt seem to work. Any tip?

Ok, i tried in my Ipad Air 2 last IOS and worked like a charm. Problem seems to be on Iphone 6s last IOS.Mistery...