Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplers For EXS or SF2 Playback ?

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask whats the latest and greatest way for loading up exs24 of soundfonts in to AB3 ?

I've sampled my Nord so that I don't have to take it on a few gigs, thinking of doing a set up in AB3 as I've got loads of iOS goodies to choose from , I'd rather not have to load up a full DAW app such as auria to use Lyra for EXS playback , are there any such au3 or standalone instruments that fit the bill ?

Thanks,
sTu

Comments

• You can load SF2s into Bs-16i (not EXS though) which is AUv3. i think it might have issues with larger SF2s so depending on how big your files are...

• A while back, I've heard of a hack that allows for using EXS24 banks in Garageband, but I've not verified that myself as I'm using bs-16i and Audio Evolution to load SF2 banks.

• Cool, bs-16i looks like it might do the trick, assuming I don't lose to much in conversion to SF2 , any idea what the limits might be ? My sounds are fairly large, around a couple of hundred MB, although I could reduce that I guess..

Thanks,
    sTu

• I thought I knew of an easy way to convert exs24 to SF2 ... I may have been wrong ..

Anyone know about this GB EXS24 hack ?

Thanks,
    sTu

• @stumax said:
    Cool, bs-16i looks like it might do the trick, assuming I don't lose to much in conversion to SF2 , any idea what the limits might be ? My sounds are fairly large, around a couple of hundred MB, although I could reduce that I guess..

You lose nothing quality-wise, SF2 banks only have a bad reputation because historically, so much "bs" was amongst the great ones. The difference is in the playback engine and anti-aliasing filters + re-pitching algorithms. bs-16i is not the best in this regard, but it's usable. Also, keep in mind that bs-16i does no disk streaming so what you load must fit into RAM completely. If you have an iPad with 1 or even 2GB RAM that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I thought I knew of an easy way to convert exs24 to SF2 ... I may have been wrong ..

CDXtract can do it. I have an old setup running it, I could do a few conversions if you wish.

• @stumax said:
    I thought I knew of an easy way to convert exs24 to SF2 ... I may have been wrong ..

Anyone know about this GB EXS24 hack ?

Thanks,
    sTu

you are not wrong, Here is also a simple way to convert exs24 to SF2 simply take a help of https://applesupportnumber.net/apple-support-canada/

to do this. If anyone is interested they can also take a help of this site.

• @rs2000 said:

@stumax said:
    Cool, bs-16i looks like it might do the trick, assuming I don't lose to much in conversion to SF2 , any idea what the limits might be ? My sounds are fairly large, around a couple of hundred MB, although I could reduce that I guess..

You lose nothing quality-wise, SF2 banks only have a bad reputation because historically, so much "bs" was amongst the great ones. The difference is in the playback engine and anti-aliasing filters + re-pitching algorithms. bs-16i is not the best in this regard, but it's usable. Also, keep in mind that bs-16i does no disk streaming so what you load must fit into RAM completely. If you have an iPad with 1 or even 2GB RAM that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

CDXtract can do it. I have an old setup running it, I could do a few conversions if you wish.

Ahh cool thanks very much for the offer , will see how it goes with Musk first. CDExtract! Now there’s a blast from the past .

• Ahh that’s fine I think IAA should be fine too ...

If it loads exs and can state save with audiobus then it should be just the trick I guess !

• edited June 2018

I know this question has been asked a lot before and I haven’t had chance to read in detail, but to audiobus or aum , that is the question .

Set up is Alexis vortex keytar in to ipad , might add a usb foot controller for patch switching . Need to run IAA , some samplers, ODYSSEi , using a first gen 13” iPad Pro .

• Well so what I am reading so far is that it doesn’t seem possible to switch channels using program change.... either in ab3 or aum, I’m a little surprised by this.

Even just soloing a mixer channel in ab3 via cc would do the trick , how are you guys switching synth sounds via controller mid song when using an iOS setup live ?

Thanks,
    sTu