Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amp sim comparison(each of them with the same celestion ir cab).

each demo is long(sorry!but it must be to show the versatility of eaach app.
Thanks!

I use my guitar,ampkit,bias fx,amplitube,tonestack,my apogee quartet,aum,bias 2(for ir cab) audiobus and MTdaw for recording.
Curious to know what you think!
Each demo is long to show the versatility of each app( or pros and cons of each app).
Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2018

Great idea for an interesting comparison.
    Thank you very much!
    I knew I wasn't too wrong with Tonestack ;)

Great playing by the way!

• @flo26 What amps did you use in AmpliTube? Shame that Bias FX isn’t available for iPhone. Loved the tone. Thanks for putting this together!

• Vox,slash marshall,orange,mesa and fender.
    Thanks for listening!!

• I guess I just don't have a discerning ear. They all sounded very close and given a blind listening test I am not sure which one I'd prefer. I admit to disliking Positive Grid very much but the sound out of Bias FX was good. I am biased toward ToneStack because that is what I own but I don't know that I'd pick it out of a lineup.

• Great comparison, @flo26
    Out of curiosity, which one have you been using more lately?

• Ampkit+ sounded the most cold and digital to my ears. Amplitube had a muffled "wet blanket" sound that I didn't care for. I'd give the slight edge to Tonestack, but Bias sounded pretty good too. Why not compare also with Bias Amp 2? Also, what Celestion cab did you use?

• edited June 2018

i’ve used g12 65 celestion cab.
    I use them all.it depends of my needs.For me,tonestack is the best at clean sounds.
    Their hi gain amps really suffer from squashing the sound as soon as you turn the gain up.it’s a shame.i hope they will improve this.
    From all these demos tonestack was the one i had to tweak the most to get a good result.
    Bias fx(with my own custom amps) sounds the best(to my ears)for crunch and lead tones.
    Ampkit is surely the best all around amp sim on ios(doesn’t sound digital to me,maybe a little cold,but....).
    At least amplitube for their fender and mesa pack.sounds great.
    All this is a pure matter of taste.
    But to be fair in 99% i use my real amp.
    Anyway,these apps are a real pleasure to use ! Really!
    Cheers!!
    Edit: after listening again carefully,the two winners are( for me),bias fx and tonestack.
    Ampkit remains a good app,and amplitube is on top with its fender and mesa packs.

• edited June 2018

@fprintf said:
    I guess I just don't have a discerning ear. They all sounded very close and given a blind listening test I am not sure which one I'd prefer.

given the fact that all were run through the exact same cabinet sim, they even exceeded my expectation of 'some difference'

I am biased toward ToneStack because that is what I own but I don't know that I'd pick it out of a lineup.

Tonestack surprised me most because imho (tast) it's really sizzling - and flo admits he had to really tweak it ... for which I never had the patience.
    But the example is TS through a 'dummy' Bias amp with their Celestion Cab sim, not the sound of TS on it's own.
    (I remember people mentioned TS works really well through a real guitar amp in a live setup)
    thanks for sharing, @flo26 B)

• I'm still a beginner at guitar , but to my newbie ears, Overloud THM for Auria Pro sounds the most authentic .. I may not have spent so much on Bias & Ampltiube IAP if I had discovered for former beforehand.

• Great comparison!

• I'm a drummer, not a guitarist, but having hung around them for forty years I'll say Tonestack is the winner.

• Great playing, as always, @flo26. Thanks for the comparison.

I’m curious how you recorded AmpKit. In AudioBus 2, it only shows up in the effects slot.

• Great comparison!
    I found ampkit most natural, bias most deep , AmpliTube too much processed, ToneStack very balanced .

• I’ve used ampkit in aum;
    Select your input,then choose ampkit in the effect slot,and voila.
    I think it works the same with audiobus.
    Thanks guys for listening!!
    Cheers!!