Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Interesting read, thanks. I'm currently selling my Traktor S8 because I realize half the time I've DJ'd in front of people lately I've been using the iPad and Traktor on that anyway. I need to relook at djay Pro though, Traktor seems abandoned and I keep reading good things about djay Pro.

• @Tarekith , I also have Traktor for iPad , but NI hasn't done anything much with that App since it hit the App Store , which is sad, I use djay Pro for iPad, the app is rich in features and pretty much its like its desktop brother.

• edited June 2018

I too am planning to switch to ipad for djing Bit skeptical about stability for long dj sets Anyone experienced any probs . I plan to use djay Pro with the Numark iDjay live controller
    https://www.numark.com/product/idj-live-ii
    Iam on ipad air2&ipad pro 12.9

• I've done 2-3 hours sets with Traktor before, no issues here.

• nice article..
    I find the iPad super stable for DJ performances, I have used djay 2 a lot of times. still need to try djay pro

• As an ex professional DJ, a long time ago in a life far, far away, I have yet to find an IOS based DJ app that has the feature I’d most like; the ability to use a NAS drive as source.

• edited June 2018

2-3 years back i was using tractor and controller on the iPad. didn't have any technical problems. used this setup across many places in Asia, in clubs and festival setups. for me this setup was perfect, i come from a vinyl background and i like the simplicity of the ipad. the only consideration i would advise is to test the files transferred from the laptop and get your folders organised. and switch off the wifi and bluetooth... there has been the odd occasion i get a call coming to my phone but the ipad starts the ring tone.

it's a shame that NI stopped updating the ipad app, but glad to hear the djay pro is pushing it forward.

• @Zen210507 said:
    As an ex professional DJ, a long time ago in a life far, far away, I have yet to find an IOS based DJ app that has the feature I’d most like; the ability to use a NAS drive as source.

@stormbeats said:
    @Zen210507 NAS drive?

Network Attached Storage. That would be great. Plug in a 1TB drive to your WiFi network and have access to ALL the beatz.

• Soda is worth a shot. Up to 8 decks laid out however you want with AUv3 and IAA fx. Traktor is still the best but soda is a great concept.

• @Hmtx said:

@Zen210507 said:
    As an ex professional DJ, a long time ago in a life far, far away, I have yet to find an IOS based DJ app that has the feature I’d most like; the ability to use a NAS drive as source.

@stormbeats said:
    @Zen210507 NAS drive?

Network Attached Storage. That would be great. Plug in a 1TB drive to your WiFi network and have access to ALL the beatz.

DJ Player can access NAS drives.

• edited June 2018

@coolout said:

>

Yeah, at a stupid subscription cost. Almost £85 pa for those who are not working DJ’s, is a bit steep. ;)

• I’ve done a couple of sets running to a few hours each, using DJDJ in AUM, with my own loops and a couple of drum machines added on their own AUM channels. No problems with stability, on Air2

• @Hmtx said:

@Zen210507 said:

@stormbeats said:
    @Zen210507 NAS drive?

Ok cool

• @gsm909 said:
    I’ve done a couple of sets running to a few hours each, using DJDJ in AUM, with my own loops and a couple of drum machines added on their own AUM channels. No problems with stability, on Air2

Cheers for info

• @Zen210507 said:

@coolout said:

>

Yeah, at a stupid subscription cost. Almost £85 pa for those who are not working DJ’s, is a bit steep. ;)

I was a big critic when he switched to a subscription model, but I get that DJ Player is trying to position itself as a professional tool, which is why it does things that other DJ apps don't. I'm a full-time DJ and I've spent thousands on Serato and Traktor stuff over the years. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

• @coolout said:
    I was a big critic when he switched to a subscription model, but I get that DJ Player is trying to position itself as a professional tool, which is why it does things that other DJ apps don't. I'm a full-time DJ and I've spent thousands on Serato and Traktor stuff over the years. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss.

>

Back in the day, I also spent lots on equipment, and yes to a certain extent, having that equipment at a pro level was required. I did mobile work at five star hotels, and corporate events at places such as the NEC, plus local and international radio....tbe latter before anyone could be international, via the Net. :)

Today, however, while I would not object at all - either as a dabbling hobbyist, or professional DJ - to buying a nice quality product, perhaps around the £20 mark for an IOS based app, I do not and will not rent software.

FWIW, I stopped buying products like Photoshop and MS Office, when they became rental products. Just not the path for me.