Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternative to GarageBand Live Loops?

I’m looking for an app that can do Live Loops like GarageBand or Launchpad, but that also lets you easily record into loops on the fly (I’ll be using a guitar).

I’d also like to be able to record the entire performance, including a separate live guitar track. I asked about this part in another thread.

What apps do you recommend? BeatMaker 3 looks like it might do it, but I find it incredibly hard to use.

Comments

• Have you looked at all the Looper apps? Loopy, LP-5, Loopr, Group the Loop, Looperverse, etc. Maybe one of these in conjunction with LiveLoops or Launchpad would be the best.

• @CracklePot said:
    Have you looked at all the Looper apps? Loopy, LP-5, Loopr, Group the Loop, Looperverse, etc. Maybe one of these in conjunction with LiveLoops or Launchpad would be the best.

I have tried most of those, but I hadn’t thought of using them in conjunction with other apps. That’s actually a great idea, especially with Ableton Link, and AUM.

I shall definitely try this out!

• edited June 2018

If you want to use a Mac you could use zenaud.io ALK 2. It’s a full daw specifically suited to what you’re talking about. It will probably end up on iOS at some point as well.

• @SealTeamSick said:
    If you want to use a Mac you could use zenaud.io ALK 2. It’s a full daw specifically suited to what you’re talking about. It will probably end up on iOS at some point as well.

I’ve seen ALK, and it looks amazing but I don’t use my Mac for music. An iOS version would be great.

• I have my eyes on hook for iPad, since this looks like a super convenient way to play around with samples and loops I purchased from loopmasters/AudioCopy store

• Hook looks great, but it’s at version 1.01, with no updates for a year. Retronyms release great apps then abandons them.

• blocs wave

• @RubenDari said:
    blocs wave

That’s the front runner.

• @CracklePot said:
    Have you looked at all the Looper apps? Loopy, LP-5, Loopr, Group the Loop, Looperverse, etc. Maybe one of these in conjunction with LiveLoops or Launchpad would be the best.

Out of the mentioned loopers which one would you recommend?

• @theinvisibleman said:

@CracklePot said:

I only have Loopy HD, which is great for me. Some of the other ones may have special features worth investigating too, but I am happy with Loopy (the rumored new version of Loopy will probably get me to upgrade).

I also use AUM and Link to make tempo perfect loops often. But that is not good for live looping, since you have to load the recorded loop back into an AUM file player manually to actually use it in your setup. But for making tempo perfect loops to use later, it is very convenient.

• @CracklePot said:

@theinvisibleman said:

@CracklePot said:

I only have Loopy HD, which is great for me. Some of the other ones may have special features worth investigating too, but I am happy with Loopy (the rumored new version of Loopy will probably get me to upgrade).

I also use AUM and Link to make tempo perfect loops often. But that is not good for live looping, since you have to load the recorded loop back into an AUM file player manually to actually use it in your setup. But for making tempo perfect loops to use later, it is very convenient.

Looks great but I think I will wait for Auv3 version, then I can fool myself into not buying it now.

• @theinvisibleman said:

@CracklePot said:

@theinvisibleman said:

@CracklePot said:

Looks great but I think I will wait for Auv3 version, then I can fool myself into not buying it now.

You are very wise, indeed. :)

• Ableton Link does a surprisingly good job of keeping everything in time. I can almost fool myself that I’m using one app with a few screens.

Right now I’m using AUM to host Loopy, Blocs Wave, and Launchpad. AUM does the recording, and the levels of everything. It’s not bad, although I don’t like the Launchpad loops nearly as much as the ones in GarageBand. That said, they’re only for getting ideas started.

• Anyone have experience of Modstep, iMaschine, and IMPC Pro 2? These look like that can do Live Loops. Can you record direct into the cells?