Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I predict PianoTeq will come to IOS in the next decade (What's the best IOS Modeling App?)

Modartt's PianoTeq doesn't play huge samples to create realistic Piano's. They "model" them which means the use a lot less RAM and shift the effort to CPU "calculations". They are really close to outperfoming huge sample libraries. Some comments from the Keyboard forum.

Yeah, that Grotrian was a step forward.
This new Steingraeber is another leap.
Love it as much as their Blüthner.
Pianoteq is on a roll, no doubt.

Now when will they roll towards IOS as a platform. They might set new price standards but they solve a problem since IOS users can upgrade their RAM. I just read that there's a laptop that provides 128GB of RAM but 4GB on IOS is the top end. We need some amazing modeling Apps and Modartt has set the bar.

What's the best "acoustic modelling app" available on IOS?

If in 10 years I am wrong in my prediction I will delete my account (NOTE: I may not make it another 10 years. Too much time sitting on my a-- writing cr-p for an audience that stopped reading a long time ago.)

McD

Comments

• edited June 2018

FingerFiddle for classic strings ,but no midi in and not AU .

• edited June 2018

I too have been wishing for Pianoteq to come to iOS after trying a demo of the Windows version a few years ago. It would still be great, but having said that, my yearning for it is lesser now that I have Ravenscroft. But I surely wouldn’t say no to a 1-to-1 (or close enough to it to make no difference) iOS version of Pianoteq.

• I still prefer sampled pianos (but not a boring grand) to physical modeling.
    But i would love Sculpture for iOS in Garage Band since it´s for me still the best physical modeling tool ever.
    Finger Fiddle is indeed great and on par with the best i tried on mac like Serenade 3 (a free Reaktor instrument).
    Finger Fiddle could be the best in class if it wouldn´t be so crippled in terms of midi and limited in style of playing after a while if you are not a master in playing a real violin.
    I REALLY would like to use an LFO or envelope to modulate the bow speed f.e. and just trigger notes via another keyboard etc.
    That´s what drives me crazy often in iOS. There are some outstanding tools, perfect for a touch screen as well but then they are limited in so many ways and could be so much more.
    Organteq is in development and that is even more interesting for me.

• Pianoteq has said over and over that they have no plans to bring it to iOS. I wish they would change their minds!

• edited June 2018

Pianoteq has the best feel of any fake piano I have ever played, does it sound the best... no but when I wanna practise and get some sort of connection to a keyboard I always choose Pianteq. The program is about 40 mb and actually the pro version is an incredible sounding synthesizer. The minuses.. the company likes to make top dollar on their product. I cant imagine them making a Ios version. If they did it would cost 99 euro.

• It feels amazing when actually playing it, but I always found when playing back the actual recording it loses the magic.

It runs on Raspberry Pi too, so there’s probably some grudge or religious reason why they won’t make it available on iOS

• @realdawei said:
    It feels amazing when actually playing it, but I always found when playing back the actual recording it loses the magic.

It runs on Raspberry Pi too, so there’s probably some grudge or religious reason why they won’t make it available on iOS

I guess it´s simple as "there is no market and money for us" sentence.
    At least that is the main reason for others which considered it but didn´t do it yet.

• @Cib said:

@realdawei said:
    It feels amazing when actually playing it, but I always found when playing back the actual recording it loses the magic.

At least that is the main reason for others which considered it but didn´t do it yet.

If it were about money I doubt they would have ported it to Linux — which is an even smaller market :D

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

If it were about money I doubt they would have ported it to Linux — which is an even smaller market :D

Lol, i didn´t know it is also available for Linux....i always wonder why any developer would support Linux these days.
    Of course creating a proper GUI for multi-touch and having to figure out how to handle the limited resources on idevices might be another reason.
    So if the Linux market is better than iOS it is not a good sign :)

• I suspect the IOS pricing and the 30% Apple takes by forcing the use of the iTunes Store makes it a bad business decision. Drop price on one platform or raise it to maintain their margin? Android might be next. They probably did the Linux port to license the technology to a keyboard vendor. all those smart tv’s, keyboards and other gadgets run versions of Linux. Android uses a Linux derived base OS too.

• @realdawei said:

@Cib said:

@realdawei said:

It is definitely about the money and not messing up their marketing model. It’s one of those companies.