Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The BEST LIGHTNING Cable Ever? │ Anker Powerline+ II - haQ attaQ 286

Is Anker making the best lightning cables for iPhone and iPad? Is the Anker Powerline plus 2 the only lightning cable you would ever need to buy? This video is more than just an unboxing of a cable. No, it's the story of my struggle trying to find a solution for Apples no good lightning cables. They always break at the same spots something that Apple is quite are aware of, but seems reluctant to fix. I've tried finding many other solutions to this problem, using Sugru, buying braided copies etc, its been crazy. Well it looks as if Anker might have solved this issue big time!

haqattaq

Comments

• @jakoB_haQ I'm glad you discovered Anker's products. I've been using their powered USB hubs, USB charging stations and cables for years. I've only ever had 1 product of theirs break on me - with the first Anker 7-port charging hub I bought, one of the 7 ports doesn't work. Of course, the other 6 work perfectly...

They are now my go-to for basic accessories. I'd love to know how you fare with this new cable.

• Love Anker products as well. I have several Anker things. They have never let me down. I am predicting that in 6 months you will still be very happy with your purchase.

• Excellent quality cables and accessories and great customer service from my experience.
    I did actually manage to break one of those cables though. (dropped iPad and the lightning tip broke off)
    They sent me a replacement for free though as it was within the warranty period.

• I didn’t even know this was a problem. I’ve had the same (Apple supplied) Lighting cable since I bought my 9.7” Pro about 2 years ago. It gets used A LOT and it’s still like new. :)

• Just ordered one of those cables, powerplug and a anker powerbank after watching this haha

• Anker have a great reputation for customer service.

I’ve bought plenty of Anker USB stuff previously and they’re great quality.

Hadn’t considered them for lightning cable but I’m confident they’d be good. Will order one myself.

Cheers for the tip.

• Jakob. You have many great videos. I appreciate your contributions to this community.

Including this one. Got a couple of these. I suppose I'll see myself in 6 months too but initial impression is they seem to be well made.

• thanks for sharing this!

• thanks for sharing this!

• Has always been a puzzle to me, Apple with their vaunted design chops etc and yet they let these things fall apart...looking forward to trying the Anker...

• Thanks for this much needed great tip Haq !!

• just when 2 of my cables were on the last few months of life
    • :)
  • Ok Jakob...how did they do?

• @Beathoven said:
    I didn’t even know this was a problem. I’ve had the same (Apple supplied) Lighting cable since I bought my 9.7” Pro about 2 years ago. It gets used A LOT and it’s still like new. :)

Same here @Beathoven , while my woman goes through them like chocolate cookies, all bent and twisted. I guess it is just a queston of what expectations you have of a product.

• @supadom said:

@Beathoven said:
    I didn’t even know this was a problem. I’ve had the same (Apple supplied) Lighting cable since I bought my 9.7” Pro about 2 years ago. It gets used A LOT and it’s still like new. :)

Same here @Beathoven , while my woman goes through them like chocolate cookies, all bent and twisted. I guess it is just a queston of what expectations you have of a product.

To be honest, I am extremely anal about looking after my stuff. I put it down to my childhood; I knew that if I broke or lost anything it was definitely not getting replaced.

• It would be cool if they made a lightning USB adapter like the Apple 3.0 cck. I really feel like what little cable from adapter to phone is so flimsy. And sometimes I get disconnect if I pick up my phone to adjust settings. I’d love to use a lightning extension cable so that I can put the cck somewhere stable and have just one cable go to my phone

• @Beathoven said:

@supadom said:

@Beathoven said:

To be honest, I am extremely anal about looking after my stuff. I put it down to my childhood; I knew that if I broke or lost anything it was definitely not getting replaced.

:D
    And I'm a liar because I've been using £5 braided bastec cables for the last couple of years because my better half stole all of my apple ones :)

Sorry

• edited March 2020

Well, after a month or so of using the Netbot 12th Gen magnetic cable..

Why do people used other cables? this is the best..

Disclaimer.. the video seems to be the older version.. The 12 Gen is nicer.. with a beautiful LED..

• edited July 2020

Just an update on my Anker Powerline Lightning cable

The casing has cracked at the tip just like the Apple ones do. Never abused it or anything just from normal wear plugging in at desk and bedside table
    Still works fine but they still suffer from the same problems wear and tear as other cheaper cables
    So that’s two years since I posted I first ordered the cable...

• @RajahP said:

Disclaimer.. the video seems to be the older version.. The 12 Gen is nicer.. with a beautiful LED..

You're certainly lucky that you have received a good one but why do these cables have so many bad ratings?
    Manufacturing tolerances?
    Durability?
    Maybe both. I love the idea and I'd like to purchase one too but they seem to be somewhat unreliable in general, the Netdot 10th and 12th gen included.

• Mine broke. Too lazy to return.

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

You're certainly lucky that you have received a good one but why do these cables have so many bad ratings?
    Manufacturing tolerances?
    Durability?
    Maybe both. I love the idea and I'd like to purchase one too but they seem to be somewhat unreliable in general, the Netdot 10th and 12th gen included.

Well, mine have been going well since... Don't know what they are talking about... Its the only way to go...

• Mine broke too..

• The perfect cable for me would be the mag-safe one, but the cable connector part is at 90 degrees, so I could mount the cable going away from the iPad in the Z direction. I suppose one that could go in the X direction (left or right, assuming holding iPad/iPhone in portrait mode)) would be cool, too.