App sales figures?

Anywhere online that lists sales figures for ios apps like those available for Android?

«1

Comments

  • Thanks for link :) but I meant more like how many times an app has been sold ;)

  • there is App Activity on the app page
    for example http://appshopper.com/music/bias-amps

  • Both sites bit vaguer than I was hoping to find, no overall sales unless I missed it? Only sales for this month..

  • iTunes connect - but you need to release an app ;)

  • edited September 22

    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe is safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

  • @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe in safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

    Yeah, Photo is definitely giving Photoshop a run for its money. Publisher isn't quite there yet.

  • edited September 22

    @richardyot said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe in safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

    Yeah, Photo is definitely giving Photoshop a run for its money. Publisher isn't quite there yet.

    Yeah, Adobe Indesign may be the hardest program from Adobe to convince users to convert to Affinity Publisher...
    But, we are still in betaphase, with a lot of effort laid down from the people in the Affinity-team... When it reach 1.0 it will certainty be powerful enough for many users out there...

    And, a version of Affinity Publisher for iPad is already in develop progress... The futures for iOS is really bright!

  • Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

    Have you tested the beta on desktop yet?

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

    Have you tested the beta on desktop yet?

    No - I didn’t know there was one. Need to check my emails see if I’ve missed an invite.

  • edited September 22

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

    Have you tested the beta on desktop yet?

    No - I didn’t know there was one. Need to check my emails see if I’ve missed an invite.

    WTF - missing that ;-)

    I have Affinity Publisher on both my Mac and my newly bought used MS Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GB-256GB), and, very pleased what I see!
    Although Adobes suite is superPro, but sometimes around christmas we can buy the whole Affinity suite for around 150 bucks, one time fee... Customer pay around 50 bucks a month for PS, AI & AIndesign nowadays... Hmmm...

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

    Have you tested the beta on desktop yet?

    No - I didn’t know there was one. Need to check my emails see if I’ve missed an invite.

    WTF - missing that ;-)

    I have Affinity Publisher on both my Mac and my newly bought used MS Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GB-256GB), and, very pleased what I see!
    Although Adobes suite is superPro, but sometimes around christmas we can buy the whole Affinity suite for around 150 bucks, one time fee... Customer pay around 50 bucks a month for PS, AI & AIndesign nowadays... Hmmm...

    I’ll check my mail later.

    I’ve got Designer and Photo on Mac, PC and iPad. Publisher is the missing link.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to getting Publisher, I’ve got everything else they’ve done.

    Have you tested the beta on desktop yet?

    No - I didn’t know there was one. Need to check my emails see if I’ve missed an invite.

    WTF - missing that ;-)

    I have Affinity Publisher on both my Mac and my newly bought used MS Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GB-256GB), and, very pleased what I see!
    Although Adobes suite is superPro, but sometimes around christmas we can buy the whole Affinity suite for around 150 bucks, one time fee... Customer pay around 50 bucks a month for PS, AI & AIndesign nowadays... Hmmm...

    I’ll check my mail later.

    I’ve got Designer and Photo on Mac, PC and iPad. Publisher is the missing link.

    OK...
    A nice 1.5 hour video going thru Affinity Publisher Beta here (very niice!):

  • Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

    The beauty of Quark was in its precision, but it was ludicrously expensive. Before moving to mostly web stuff I worked as a graphic designer - everything from working in design studios, managing print shops, to working on newspapers and magazines, so I tend to expect a lot from DTP software.

    Quark was solid as a rock - when you’re working through the night to get a paper or magazine to the printers at 6am, you don’t want crashy, buggy software mucking things up at the last minute.

    Whether this is a Quark or Adobe killer remains to be seen, but for the price I’m happy if I can knock out a few leaflets and flyers with it.

    Had a quick play, and seems quite basic at first glance, but no doubt there’s a lot of options hidden away once you get into it, like their other stuff.

    Instabuy for me anyway, since I’ve been using Designer for basic DTP, so a few more options will be welcome.

  • edited September 23

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

    The beauty of Quark was in its precision, but it was ludicrously expensive. Before moving to mostly web stuff I worked as a graphic designer - everything from working in design studios, managing print shops, to working on newspapers and magazines, so I tend to expect a lot from DTP software.

    Quark was solid as a rock - when you’re working through the night to get a paper or magazine to the printers at 6am, you don’t want crashy, buggy software mucking things up at the last minute.

    Whether this is a Quark or Adobe killer remains to be seen, but for the price I’m happy if I can knock out a few leaflets and flyers with it.

    Had a quick play, and seems quite basic at first glance, but no doubt there’s a lot of options hidden away once you get into it, like their other stuff.

    Instabuy for me anyway, since I’ve been using Designer for basic DTP, so a few more options will be welcome.

    Yeah, there’s plenty functionality under the hood in Affinity Publisher Beta...
    But, everything is depending what’s your demands is to this kind of DTP-program...

    I remember that I made a lot of nice stuff already in the early 1990’s with my Amiga 3000 and the program Pagestream!

    But, as I remember from the past Quark Xpress was the tool for guys that have documents of several hundreds of pages and many relationdatabases in conjunction with the mega documents...

    My dream is to be 100% iPad Pro 12.9” user though, including every aspect of art; making music, painting both vector and pixelart, photography manipulation, proprinting, making movies ;-)
    Or, by the way, dreaming of an handheld iMac Touch 17”...
    The future on the last dream may never happen...

  • @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe is safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

    Someone at Affinity told me that inside a month of the iPad Photo app launch, they’d already sold 20 times the total amount they’d sold of the desktop version.

  • edited September 23

    @skiphunt said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe is safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

    Someone at Affinity told me that inside a month of the iPad Photo app launch, they’d already sold 20 times the total amount they’d sold of the desktop version.

    Can’t be true!
    If you look at the Affinity Live keynote at 11th of july, the leader of the keynote (Ash Lawson) said that they have more than one million users worldwide...

  • edited September 23

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

    The beauty of Quark was in its precision, but it was ludicrously expensive. Before moving to mostly web stuff I worked as a graphic designer - everything from working in design studios, managing print shops, to working on newspapers and magazines, so I tend to expect a lot from DTP software.

    Quark was solid as a rock - when you’re working through the night to get a paper or magazine to the printers at 6am, you don’t want crashy, buggy software mucking things up at the last minute.

    Whether this is a Quark or Adobe killer remains to be seen, but for the price I’m happy if I can knock out a few leaflets and flyers with it.

    Had a quick play, and seems quite basic at first glance, but no doubt there’s a lot of options hidden away once you get into it, like their other stuff.

    Instabuy for me anyway, since I’ve been using Designer for basic DTP, so a few more options will be welcome.

    Yeah, there’s plenty functionality under the hood in Affinity Publisher Beta...
    But, everything is depending what’s your demands is to this kind of DTP-program...

    I remember that I made a lot of nice stuff already in the early 1990’s with my Amiga 3000 and the program Pagestream!

    But, as I remember from the past Quark Xpress was the tool for guys that have documents of several hundreds of pages and many relationdatabases in conjunction with the mega documents...

    My dream is to be 100% iPad Pro 12.9” user though, including every aspect of art; making music, painting both vector and pixelart, photography manipulation, proprinting, making movies ;-)
    Or, by the way, dreaming of an handheld iMac Touch 17”...
    The future on the last dream may never happen...

    Quark was good for graphic and print departments as you could build up and share project style libraries, and the pre press stuff was as good as it gets.

    I’ve stopped doing big publication work now, so I’m sure I’ll be happy with this one. Photo and Designer have comfortably replaced Adobe for me, so I have high hopes for Publisher.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

    The beauty of Quark was in its precision, but it was ludicrously expensive. Before moving to mostly web stuff I worked as a graphic designer - everything from working in design studios, managing print shops, to working on newspapers and magazines, so I tend to expect a lot from DTP software.

    Quark was solid as a rock - when you’re working through the night to get a paper or magazine to the printers at 6am, you don’t want crashy, buggy software mucking things up at the last minute.

    Whether this is a Quark or Adobe killer remains to be seen, but for the price I’m happy if I can knock out a few leaflets and flyers with it.

    Had a quick play, and seems quite basic at first glance, but no doubt there’s a lot of options hidden away once you get into it, like their other stuff.

    Instabuy for me anyway, since I’ve been using Designer for basic DTP, so a few more options will be welcome.

    Yeah, there’s plenty functionality under the hood in Affinity Publisher Beta...
    But, everything is depending what’s your demands is to this kind of DTP-program...

    I remember that I made a lot of nice stuff already in the early 1990’s with my Amiga 3000 and the program Pagestream!

    But, as I remember from the past Quark Xpress was the tool for guys that have documents of several hundreds of pages and many relationdatabases in conjunction with the mega documents...

    My dream is to be 100% iPad Pro 12.9” user though, including every aspect of art; making music, painting both vector and pixelart, photography manipulation, proprinting, making movies ;-)
    Or, by the way, dreaming of an handheld iMac Touch 17”...
    The future on the last dream may never happen...

    Quark was good for graphic and print departments as you could build up and share project style libraries, and the pre press stuff was as good as it gets.

    I’ve stopped doing big publication work now, so I’m sure I’ll be happy with this one. Photo and Designer have comfortably replaced Adobe for me, so I have high hopes for Publisher.

    Yes. It was the pre-press/flighting stuff that set Quark apart for me when I was doing similar work. Something that would handle spread and reflowing like a boss when laying out a bound book. I never really liked it but very much appreciated it.

    For smaller work, I always preferred Freehand (which was sorta secretly chock full of DTP features since they didn't have a dedicated DTP program in their suite) until an OS update or something made me say goodbye.

    Then, similarly, I went web. Sketch is all the layout I need these days.

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @skiphunt said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sales figures are always interesting...
    Read yesterday that Affinity Photo for iPad has reached 250000 sold copies...
    And, yeah, even if Adobe is safe on the trone, Serif Inc. with the trio Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher will be a real challenge for Adobe in the future...

    By the way, Affinity suite is incredible powerful and awesome!

    Someone at Affinity told me that inside a month of the iPad Photo app launch, they’d already sold 20 times the total amount they’d sold of the desktop version.

    Can’t be true!
    If you look at the Affinity Live keynote at 11th of july, the leader of the keynote (Ash Lawson) said that they have more than one million users worldwide...

    Although I too find that hard to believe, I think it’s at least possible. But, that’s just what the staffer said. I forget why the person was making that point, but I think it was just to say that the success of the iPad Photo app had way outperformed their expectations.

    It took me awhile, but I’ve completely switched away from Photoshop and now using Affinity exclusively. I don’t even have Photoshop installed any more. I use both the iPad version and desktop. Mostly prefer the desktop for detail and a larger screen, but the iPad version holds its own too.

  • @syrupcore said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Just installed, will have a play later.

    I used to use Quark, and spent thousands on it. Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

    It would be interesting if you’ve coming back here to tell us your first impressions...
    If you’re an DTP veteran you maybe miss something ;-)

    The beauty of Quark was in its precision, but it was ludicrously expensive. Before moving to mostly web stuff I worked as a graphic designer - everything from working in design studios, managing print shops, to working on newspapers and magazines, so I tend to expect a lot from DTP software.

    Quark was solid as a rock - when you’re working through the night to get a paper or magazine to the printers at 6am, you don’t want crashy, buggy software mucking things up at the last minute.

    Whether this is a Quark or Adobe killer remains to be seen, but for the price I’m happy if I can knock out a few leaflets and flyers with it.

    Had a quick play, and seems quite basic at first glance, but no doubt there’s a lot of options hidden away once you get into it, like their other stuff.

    Instabuy for me anyway, since I’ve been using Designer for basic DTP, so a few more options will be welcome.

    Yeah, there’s plenty functionality under the hood in Affinity Publisher Beta...
    But, everything is depending what’s your demands is to this kind of DTP-program...

    I remember that I made a lot of nice stuff already in the early 1990’s with my Amiga 3000 and the program Pagestream!

    But, as I remember from the past Quark Xpress was the tool for guys that have documents of several hundreds of pages and many relationdatabases in conjunction with the mega documents...

    My dream is to be 100% iPad Pro 12.9” user though, including every aspect of art; making music, painting both vector and pixelart, photography manipulation, proprinting, making movies ;-)
    Or, by the way, dreaming of an handheld iMac Touch 17”...
    The future on the last dream may never happen...

    Quark was good for graphic and print departments as you could build up and share project style libraries, and the pre press stuff was as good as it gets.

    I’ve stopped doing big publication work now, so I’m sure I’ll be happy with this one. Photo and Designer have comfortably replaced Adobe for me, so I have high hopes for Publisher.

    Yes. It was the pre-press/flighting stuff that set Quark apart for me when I was doing similar work. Something that would handle spread and reflowing like a boss when laying out a bound book. I never really liked it but very much appreciated it.

    For smaller work, I always preferred Freehand (which was sorta secretly chock full of DTP features since they didn't have a dedicated DTP program in their suite) until an OS update or something made me say goodbye.

    Then, similarly, I went web. Sketch is all the layout I need these days.

    Quark was an ugly bugger, but a proper tool for the job. I remember you could even do calculations in the measurements panels, if you couldn’t be bothered to work them out first.

    I still get a bit of graphic work - the odd rebranding job that requires logos and leaflets and stuff, but I haven’t been chasing it. When Publisher comes out I might push the graphics stuff a bit more - particularly since Wix and other web factories have decimated the web design market.

    I used to use Freehand too, until Illustrator took over. Affinity Designer is good for simple DTP stuff as well now.

    I use Photo every day, I have to say I love the Affinity guys for making all this stuff available.

  • edited September 23

    @MonzoPro Yar, for a while (showing my age here) before InDesign was a thing, it was generally "Illustrator + PageMaker" if you couldn't afford Quark. Freehand was the better can't-afford-quark option though! Pagemaker was hell for anything beyond a 10up.

  • edited September 24

    @syrupcore said:
    @MonzoPro Yar, for a while (showing my age here) before InDesign was a thing, it was generally "Illustrator + PageMaker" if you couldn't afford Quark. Freehand was the better can't-afford-quark option though! Pagemaker was hell for anything beyond a 10up.

    The mention of Pagemaker caused an involuntary shiver here. It was a favourite of local government offices, and when I worked in the printers, spent many an hour fixing dodgy Pagemaker jobs they’d brought in, or transferring the whole thing to Quark. Years later MS Publisher jobs became the dreaded thing for printers to deal with.

    That’s the bit most ‘designers’ don’t do properly. At the printers 90% of the jobs we’d get in weren’t properly setup for print. And then when the web turned up, we’d get jobs in where the designers were using web graphics - blown up, stretched 72dpi rgb gif files. Nightmare.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @syrupcore said:
    @MonzoPro Yar, for a while (showing my age here) before InDesign was a thing, it was generally "Illustrator + PageMaker" if you couldn't afford Quark. Freehand was the better can't-afford-quark option though! Pagemaker was hell for anything beyond a 10up.

    The mention of Pagemaker caused an involuntary shiver here. It was a favourite of local government offices, and when I worked in the printers, spent many an hour fixing dodgy Pagemaker jobs they’d brought in, or transferring the whole thing to Quark. Years later MS Publisher jobs became the dreaded thing for printers to deal with.

    That’s the bit most ‘designers’ don’t do properly. At the printers 90% of the jobs we’d get in weren’t properly setup for print. And then when the web turned up, we’d get jobs in where the designers were using web graphics - blown up, stretched 72dpi rgb gif files. Nightmare.

    Literally laughed out loud about the 72dpi rgb gif files. "But it looks good on my screen!"

    TBF, Pagemaker did have a reasonable set of pre-press features. By v6 anyway. If you knew what you were doing—and weren't trying to lay out a newspaper—it was mostly fine, if generally immature as compared to Quark. As opposed to something like MS publisher, PM totally got and facilitated concepts like bleeds, linked assets, color spaces, registration marks, etc.

  • edited September 24

    @syrupcore said:

    "But it looks good on my screen!"

    If I had a quid for every time someone had said that...

    @syrupcore said:
    TBF, Pagemaker did have a reasonable set of pre-press features. By v6 anyway. If you knew what you were doing—and weren't trying to lay out a newspaper—it was mostly fine, if generally immature as compared to Quark. As opposed to something like MS publisher, PM totally got and facilitated concepts like bleeds, linked assets, color spaces, registration marks, etc.

    I've just been going through the tutorials for the Publisher Beta: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/publisher/desktop/

    It's bloody good, got all of that stuff. Actually makes me want to do a bit of print work again, makes it look like fun.

    Also it'll link in with Photo and Designer, so yu can just click the persona buttons on the top and edit your vector logo, or change the colours in your photo.

    Affinity are really knocking the ball out of the park.

Sign In or Register to comment.