Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio latency with FX apps

2»

Comments

• edited September 2018

@crony said:
    @supadom you might want to give a try to a second hand RME Baby Face...The BabyFace Pro has a better latency, but is much more expensive.
    RME is famous for having a buffer 64 latency stable.

Clarett second hand might do the trick, but has the same latency of Scarlett 2nd generation. (Clarett got better preamps "only")
    So Scarlett 18/8 2nd gen, second hand is around 200 € got 4 preamps.
    I think that's the minimum to see some improvements in your set.

But if you want a 10 years solid interface, with best latency possible, I'd go for a Baby Face Pro second hand.
    You'll ear the difference on everything for sure.

Cheers Cron, baby-face is totally out of my budget but used 18i8 just might be a go.

I’ve been avoiding Focusrite stuff as some people had issues with them reported on this forum. They must have sorted them though as those threads have been dormant for a while.

I have NI Komplete 6 lying around. Not enough XLR inputs with preamps for me but you’ve got me curious about the unit’s latency. Where do I find it?

• @supadom NI Komplete 6 is quite good also !
    Latency as you know is based on the iPad/Mac/Pc but a good interface also help, that's all I can say...

Here you have a Babyface second hand (but brand new)
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/RME-Babyface-USB-Pro-Soundcard-Warranty-2019/223146929552?hash=item33f497ed90:g:dycAAOSwlv9bnTCs

omho, get this, and if it's not better, you can sell it right away...or then, sell all your other sound cards and enjoy RME...

• Thanks a lot @Crony for putting me onto the Scarlett 18i8 gen 2. I might just get it. Seems like a bargain considering the preamps and the latency.

The baby-face doesn’t appeal to me in any way, the form factor, the price etc. Scarlett seems like a jackpot in that price range.

I’ve noticed how hard it is to find out hardware latency from google. Everyone seems to be talking about software latency. Do you know latency for Scarlett gen 1?

• edited September 2018

@supadom my pleasure really :)
    Here's a test for the 18i20 (but I guess it's almost the same)
    https://fr.audiofanzine.com/interface-audionumerique-usb/focusrite/scarlett2-18i20/editorial/tests/scarlett-plus-belle-que-jamais.html

They talk about for buffer 32 : 2,93 ms input 2,59 ms output (at 96 kHz).
    In this test they also talk about a "normal" latency in opposition of the first gen of the Scarlett...So, to lower possible issues, I'd go for a 2nd gen...