Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TUTORIAL SAXLOOPS#2: iPhone/iPad loops triggering with KRFT, AUM and RESLICE

Here is my second Saxloops tutorial!!

KRFT is a nice iOS app which allow you to make custom control surfaces.

It’s able to control midi instruments and launch loops from audio imports… but it hasn’t got separate audio outputs.

Loading your self made audio loops in Virsyn Reslice audio units, hosted in AUM’s separate channels, will allow you to control loops launching and audio units effects parameters from KRFT in one and only touchscreen control surface.

KRFT offers synced loop and groups/scenes launch, a feature similar to Ableton Live session view.

In this tutorial, you will learn to make your own long multi loops samples compatible with that KRFT/AUM/RESLICE setup, how to do midi assignment to control various parameters, and how to use KRFT LFO capabilities to add some variations to your audio units effects control.

I hope you will enjoy that video tutorial!!

You will find all files and song links in the description below the video.

Comments

• Little up!! Nobody interested?

• Really nice video. KRFT is under appreciated.

• Thanks @lukesleepwalker . Too bad Amplify don’t want to update KRFT anymore. Multi audio output and midi in will make it an even more interesting app.

• thanks for the cool vid! helps learn using KRFT better.

• edited June 2018

@psychicmonkey said:
    thanks for the cool vid! helps learn using KRFT better.

Thanks, glad to read it has helped you!!

Has anybody tried to use that KRFT/Reslice setup yet?

• I’ve used KRFT to create similar setups in AUM and Audiobus 3 as KRFT is great for both its arp and LFO CC flexibility as well as being able to have various ways to sync during performances as you showed in the video.

• @Janosax excellent video . All made on iPhone? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

• edited June 2018

@InfoCheck said:
    I’ve used KRFT to create similar setups in AUM and Audiobus 3 as KRFT is great for both its arp and LFO CC flexibility as well as being able to have various ways to sync during performances as you showed in the video.

Yes its transform cells seems amazing, I haven’t used them extensively as it often takes me some time to integrate that kind of app to my workflow, but I will do ASAP!!

@Korakios said:
    @Janosax excellent video . All made on iPhone? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thanks!! Yes everything is made with my 7 Plus. I think it’s almost as capable as an iPad. To be honest the only moment I miss bigger screen is when using a DAW like GarageBand. But even for that usage it’s still an amazing pocket studio!!

I’ve sent a mail to KRFT dev @w3epy with link to my tutorial, hope this will make them reconsider adding new features to their app who knows :smile:

• edited June 2018

I’ve made a 6x6 KRFT matrix for those interested:

Available on KRFT surfaces network! Search for « SAXLOOPS 6X6 KRFT/RESLICE updated »:

BTW, making long multiloops and import them in Reslice instances take around 5 mn when you have learned the process. Import individually all loops in GarageBand takes exactly the same time.

• edited April 2019

I’ve found a way to import loops in a MUCH faster way for that setup, using AudioLayer instead of Reslice, taking advantage of automatic AL multi samples import. The whole process can take less than 2.30 min to import 16 loops in 4 AL instances.

Here is a very short video which shows it, you can lock automatic screen orientation and tilt your device for better visibility of what’s going on, as video was made from iPhone capture and I had to tilt it too:

If some of you are interested by this very specific « abletonesque » setup which allows to play loops live with AU effects from one and only control surface, let me know I’ll give some files and instructions :)

Original video with Reslice:

• Thanks @Janosax your tuts have really helped me out with configuration of Krft and AUM, but I’m having trouble working out how to trigger a simple toggle switch with CC. I just want to start and stop a midi sequence from AUM with a Krft toggle. A note on The Krft keyboard won’t work for me in my set up so any idea how I might simply trigger on and off through Krft? It eluded me so far.