Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog update

Looks like some movement in the Animoog corner.

Could this be the start of a trip to AU land?

Comments

• Ableton Link is a pretty great update for this though, been waiting a while for that one :)

• The update appears to have broken it in AUM. No audio output on my Air 2. All working fine with AB3, Studiomux, & BM3. All other apps still working fine in AUM except Animoog since the update. Anyone else have the same problem?

• edited June 2018

@Iso said:
    The update appears to have broken it in AUM.

>

Still working fine on iPad Pro with latest IOS. Good stuff in this update.

• Very odd.....did a soft re-set, still no sound with AUM on this Air 2. I'll come back later maybe it will fix it's self!

• @Iso said:
    Very odd.....did a soft re-set, still no sound with AUM on this Air 2. I'll come back later maybe it will fix it's self!

>

But drastic, but you could try reinstalling AniMoog.

• Good call B) Re-installed, still no sound. Guess it's broken for me in AUM on the air 2 for the time being. No big deal for me at the moment, still works in Studiomux ,AB3, & BM3...........was just testing to make sure it still worked. Will probably be another update arround the corner to fix this one shortly............

• On m’y Air2, IOS v. 11.3.1 Animoog is making sound in AUM.

• Must have been something stuck somewhere.....Loaded Model D AU up in Aum, & it went into meltdown with an immediate stuck note & and masses of crackling distortion. Checked the settings & Aum had set itself to a buffer size of 64. Re-set it to 512 & now all working fine.......including Animoog.............
    As you were! ;)

• My Animoog always tempo synced anyway........

shrugs shoulders.......and wonders what he is missing....

• @RUST( i )K said:
    My Animoog always tempo synced anyway........

So true, that was one of the things I always loved about Animoog. MIDI in set to OMNI and Network Session, always picked up the right tempo from Loopy HD. My little looping jams were always synced perfectly with delays, LFO, etc.

• @Hmtx said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    My Animoog always tempo synced anyway........

So true, that was one of the things I always loved about Animoog. MIDI in set to OMNI and Network Session, always picked up the right tempo from Loopy HD. My little looping jams were always synced perfectly with delays, LFO, etc.

Ok so I am not totally insane then....LOL

• No love for Animoog-iPhone? This should have been made universal ages ago.

• I’m afraid to update and lose my grateful dead presets .🤣

• @MeatWalrus said:
    I’m afraid to update and lose my grateful dead presets .🤣

Nothing is removed during the update 😎
    And now it’s also easier to backup everything…

• @Samu said:

@MeatWalrus said:
    I’m afraid to update and lose my grateful dead presets .🤣

Nothing is removed during the update 😎
    And now it’s also easier to backup everything…

Awesome ! Thanks @Samu . I still love Animoog

• Any advice of how can you import your own wavetable files, now that the Animmog files are accesible?

Can I place any wav file or sample, or I need to convert this to other format?

• @Pynchon said:
    Any advice of how can you import your own wavetable files, now that the Animmog files are accesible?

https://www.animoog.org

The 'Timbres' are 16-bit *.wav files with 16 'frames' each. Each frame is 1024 samples long for total 16384 samples per file.

Dump the 'wave folders' into the categories folder in the Animoog folder for easy access from within the app.

• Now it's the perfect moment to cleanup and organize stuff. Got loads of presets missing some timbres :tongue:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:

@Pynchon said:
    Any advice of how can you import your own wavetable files, now that the Animmog files are accesible?

The 'Timbres' are 16-bit *.wav files with 16 'frames' each. Each frame is 1024 samples long for total 16384 samples per file.

Dump the 'wave folders' into the categories folder in the Animoog folder for easy access from within the app.

Thanks, @samu! I think that my knowledge of working with wav files is not even close to try this.

Goodbye to my dumb idea of using weird field recordings to feed Animoog.

But your link was incredible valuable, and I found an archive with thousands of timbres.

• @ehehehe said:

@Samu said:

@Pynchon said:

What ios audio editor is best for making these wavetable files? This is pretty huge actually!

Maybe Auditor?

• edited November 2021

@Pynchon said:

Keep the file 16384 samples long and 16-bit and 'experiment', you might get pretty weird results :)
    (This is part of the fun shoving in random samples into the MicroFreak UserWaveTable).

• This update gives me hope that an audio unit update will come someday

I used to use the Animoog keyboard to control everything, it’s such a game-changing interface and there’s still nothing quite like it...

• @ambrosiajam said:
    This update gives me hope that an audio unit update will come someday

I used to use the Animoog keyboard to control everything, it’s such a game-changing interface and there’s still nothing quite like it...

Same kb in Model 15 which is AU.

• @Samu said:

@Pynchon said:

Keep the file 16384 samples long and 16-bit and 'experiment', you might get pretty weird results :)
    (This is part of the fun shoving in random samples into the MicroFreak UserWaveTable).

I don't know how to select the sample length of a wave file, this is something completely new to me.

I have Auditor on my iPad, I don't know if it's possible to use this.

Or I need to use a more elaborated audio editor in my Mac.

The most complex thing that I have done with Auditor is to create crossfade loops :D

• @Pynchon said:

@Samu said:

@Pynchon said:

I don't know how to select the sample length of a wave file, this is something completely new to me.

The most complex thing that I have done with Auditor is to create crossfade loops :D

https://apps.apple.com/app/audiofile-calc/id337547274

I use this a lot for multiple reasons. Never used it for samples conversion... But you could give it a try

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Pynchon said:

@Samu said:

@Pynchon said:

Merely trimming a wav file to the right number of samples won’t result in a useful wavetable. Wavetables are collections of single cycle waveforms. There are some tutorials on the web about prepping files to be Animoog timbres worth searching for. There is, I think, some info about this in the Audiobus forum wiki, too.

• @Pynchon said:

It's possible in Auditor long-tap on the ruler and select Sample Frames.
    Them make a selection that is 16384 samples long, crop/trim and export it as 16-bit *.wav file.

I won't guarantee 'perfect results' as Animoog is not a 'sampler', but it will definitely be some unique noises :sunglasses: