Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UVI's Ravenscroft 275 for iOS is on sale (and Beathawk as well) !

Comments

• I wish Ravenscroft had a lower CPU mode which perhaps used less samples for damper noise perhaps along with any other reduction which would allow us to use it with a lower frame rate. I am hitting 60% CPU at 256 frames on my 2017 5th gen iPad with nothing else running which isn't great given that I would like to also run other music apps alongside it.

• tjatja
    edited June 2018

@Janosax said:
    Just buyed it for my iPhone 7 Plus, very nice and inspiring sound. Is it the same version as iPad? It was a 831.9 Mo download. Can’t hear any pedal sound when pressing sustain button on my Nanokey Studio. And I don’t hear any piano damper note off sound is it normal? Also, which latency setting do you use? Some random crackles here with 256 frames, 512 is safer with no crackles at all but not as reactive of course. Same thing with BeatHawk electric organs and pianos I just buyed too.

Edit: at 256 frames, RS275 sound is stable with no crackles when hosted as an AU in ApeMatrix. AU in AUM and standone mode both needs 512.

I could not believe that the standalone also needs 512, but tested this to be true!

I tried to load in apeMatrix but am too stupid, cannot get out sound at all :D

• edited June 2018

@tja said:

@Janosax said:
    Just buyed it for my iPhone 7 Plus, very nice and inspiring sound. Is it the same version as iPad? It was a 831.9 Mo download. Can’t hear any pedal sound when pressing sustain button on my Nanokey Studio. And I don’t hear any piano damper note off sound is it normal? Also, which latency setting do you use? Some random crackles here with 256 frames, 512 is safer with no crackles at all but not as reactive of course. Same thing with BeatHawk electric organs and pianos I just buyed too.

Edit: at 256 frames, RS275 sound is stable with no crackles when hosted as an AU in ApeMatrix. AU in AUM and standone mode both needs 512.

I could not believe that the standalone also needs 512, but tested this to be true!

So you need 512 too? On which device? I confirm again that ApeMatrix is really nice here, I’ve just played for one hour RV275 and BeatHawk as AU’s at 256 and they’re hyper stable in that host.

• @Janosax said:

@tja said:

@Janosax said:

So you need 512 too? On which device? I confirm again that ApeMatrix is really nice here, I’ve just played for one hour RV275 and BeatHawk as AU’s at 256 and they’re hyper stable in that host.

On an iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 11.4

• Ravenscroft AU seems to be broken for me.

No sound in apeMatrix, AUM, AudioBus or Cubasis.
    Hard Reboot did not help.
    Standalone works, as does IAA in Cubasis.
    Tested different AU: No problem

• @tja said:
    Ravenscroft AU seems to be broken for me.

No sound in apeMatrix, AUM, AudioBus or Cubasis.
    Hard Reboot did not help.
    Standalone works, as does IAA in Cubasis.
    Tested different AU: No problem

Perhaps try to reinstall after a reboot with no apps opened.

• Unsubscribe

• I have Kong Module (no Ivory IAP) and iGrand, as well as the lovely piano in Beathawk. Tell me why I need to purchase Ravenscroft. I mean, I really want it, but my common sense says “do you really need another iOS piano?”

Scarlet Jerry

• No, you don't.

• He's probably right. That said, I bought it even though I own Module (no Ivory), Beathawk piano and the Keys expansion in iSymphonic (because I'm crazy). I feel it is subjectively superior to all 3 in expressiveness and I do love the sound, but wouldn't really recommend it if you don't play a lot of piano pieces. The sounds in both BH2 and iSym are both great, but seemed slightly less responsive to subtle changes in playing. Module actually handled dynamics a bit better than the other 2, but sounded a tad muddy and weak in comparison. Ravenscroft wins, but on my Air 2, it's using about 60% CPU on its own which hurts. Just my opinions...

• @scarletjerry said:
    I have Kong Module (no Ivory IAP) and iGrand, as well as the lovely piano in Beathawk. Tell me why I need to purchase Ravenscroft. I mean, I really want it, but my common sense says “do you really need another iOS piano?”

Scarlet Jerry

I finally got this and I usually use Ivory in Module. Seems to me there might be more velocity levels sampled with ravenscroft. I get more defined softer tones with this, and voicing clarity is nice. Also seems that the amount of voices allowed may be more than Ivory, which is likely causing its crackling issues. It's a great sounding piano. That said, its not vastly superior to Ivory imo, it just sounds like a different piano that was sampled. I was not happy at all with the very consistent crackling and performance issues in ravenscroft which needs to be mentioned, I am on an ipad pro and its not acceptable. I even hear the cracking and popping in video demos I've seen. Never had that issue in Ivory.

• edited June 2018

After many tests with Ravenscroft AU IAA with AUM Apematrix and standalone, I must say that RS275 is not stable enough, sorry UVI. Sound is wonderful and inspiring, but even at 44.1 512 frames which is barely playable concerning latency, there are still crackles when playing fast chords, even in Apematrix which has the most stable audio. Not acceptable at this price point. BeatHawk has same issues with Electric organs and Electric pianos packs, at a less critical degree. UVI makes top samples stuff, but their app coding seems to have some issues IMO. BeatHawk AU is unreliable and full of bugs never fixed. Don’t know if RS275 will be fixed one day, so I ask myself if I go ask for a refund or not. But I love the sound really...

• If people are getting crackling and bad latency even on an iPad Pro, then I agree that that's not acceptable.
    I have an iPad Pro, but I'm probably going to pass on this one for now. I know nothing about coding or developing, but they should make this piano run better.

• At least my AU plays again, after reinstalling Ravenscroft.
    Never had that need for any App ever before.

• edited June 2018

@tja said:
    At least my AU plays again, after reinstalling Ravenscroft.

Good news. How is crackling now, especially when playing fast chords and with various latency settings?

On French App Store all reviews mention audio crackles on iPads from Air to Pro.

My iPhone 7 Plus runs KORG Module at 64 frames with perfectly clean audio.

• I am disappointed UVI has not made an appearance here. I wrote twice Paris. Just my naivetyi guess. At least IK shows up here when dissatisfaction arises in the unwashed.

Still love Ravenscroft, but try and pick it out of 17 pianos on the piano poll!!

• Until now, I’ve bought their world music BeatHawk sound packs and was really happy with their quality. I’ve just bought their Electric pianos and Electric Organs packs and there is same crackle issue. Seems that their iOS software engine have some difficulties with bigger samples presets.

• @Janosax said:
    After many tests with Ravenscroft AU IAA with AUM Apematrix and standalone, I must say that RS275 is not stable enough, sorry UVI. Sound is wonderful and inspiring, but even at 44.1 512 frames which is barely playable concerning latency, there are still crackles when playing fast chords, even in Apematrix which has the most stable audio. Not acceptable at this price point. BeatHawk has same issues with Electric organs and Electric pianos packs, at a less critical degree. UVI makes top samples stuff, but their app coding seems to have some issues IMO. BeatHawk AU is unreliable and full of bugs never fixed. Don’t know if RS275 will be fixed one day, so I ask myself if I go ask for a refund or not. But I love the sound really...

Beside the pedal noise thing, there is no further crackling with my iPad Pro at 48khz, 256 samples. Even when I play enthusiastic fast.

• @Satie said:

@Janosax said:

Beside the pedal noise thing, there is no further crackling with my iPad Pro at 48khz, 256 samples. Even when I play enthusiastic fast.

Do you play it in standalone mode or in a AU host?

• @Janosax said:

@Satie said:

@Janosax said:

Do you play it in standalone mode or in a AU host?

Both - standalone + AUM or ApeMatrix or Audiobus.

• tjatja
    edited June 2018

@Janosax said:

@tja said:
    At least my AU plays again, after reinstalling Ravenscroft.

Good news. How is crackling now, especially when playing fast chords and with various latency settings?

On French App Store all reviews mention audio crackles on iPads from Air to Pro.

My iPhone 7 Plus runs KORG Module at 64 frames with perfectly clean audio.

To be honest, in AUM with 256 frames latency and High Quality On or Off, i could not get crackling, as much as i tried with 8 fingers on the virtual keyboard.

• @tja said:
    To be honest, in AUM with 256 frames latency and High Quality On or Off, i could not get crackling, as much as i tried with 8 fingers on the virtual keyboard.

Where are the the rest of the 10?

• @Satie said:

@tja said:

:-)

• @theinvisibleman said:

@Satie said:

@tja said:

:-)

Leaving the sustain pedal down can also cause crackles when the polyphony goes up playing all the sustained notes...

• Any update on the mentioned Sustain pedal noise. Is there an option to turn the noise off? I like to buy if that can be confirmed.

• edited June 2018

In my case most crackles appears if is use Nanokey Studio chords mode. When using regular fingers playing on 4 or 5 notes chords, crackles appear more randomly. You can test that with Midiflow Keyboard chords mode too. Note that this is not when playing one and only chord, but changing chords quickly.

• edited June 2018

Here are the kind of audio crackles I get from Ravenscroft 275, here played with my Nanokey Studio/iPhone 7 Plus 256 frames 44100. First half video is normal playing, second half is while playing fast in chords mode. There are even more crackles without iOS screen capture running.

• I was about to get this, but all the complaints about crackles and sustain pedal noise have turned me away. I cannot have crackles or sustain pedal noise on a piano! I’m constantly pressing sustain pedal too, almost rythmically. Sounds good otherwise. I have problems with Colossus Piano too with it clipping way too much unless I make it too quiet. Also, being slightly out of tune for the Upright at least...

• No crackles for me at all on iPad Pro in apeMatrix but I am no piano player, jammed on as many keys as possible for a while tho. Using on screen keyboard.

• We need a MIDI file to compare!

Janosax, could you create one from what you play?

Cannot produce an AT sign on that d..n external keyboard