Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UVI's Ravenscroft 275 for iOS is on sale (and Beathawk as well) !

Comments

• How does it compare to free pianos you can load in Auria Pro Lyra? I have the Salamander piano from the Auria Store and Piano in 162 (free SFZ from VST Buzz). I wonder too if Imperial grand from SampleTank is as good? Same price right now.

I know...take the piano poll😁

• @Jmcmillan said:
    How does it compare to free pianos you can load in Auria Pro Lyra? I have the Salamander piano from the Auria Store and Piano in 162 (free SFZ from VST Buzz). I wonder too if Imperial grand from SampleTank is as good? Same price right now.

I know...take the piano poll😁

Salamander is brighter than both Ravenscroft and Imperial. Imperial is slightly darker sounding than default Ravenscroft but Ravenscroft has a very effective "Timbre" dial that can tune the sound towards being darker or brighter (it also has EQ controls). It's pretty easy to dial in a timbre in Ravenscroft to get it close to the sound of Imperial.

FWIW I really like all 3 of them. Ravenscroft is the more convenient and dynamic to play IMO.

• @Daveypoo thank you. Weird, I tried GM and didn’t think I was getting the full kit. Will test again.

• Cool thanks for the feedback. Makes me wonder if I could use ProQ2 in Auria Pro to fake a timbre change to Auria pianos.

• @richardyot said:
    I get the crackling as well, iPad Air 2 from a fresh reboot. Even with the volume slider at the top left turned down (and keeping an eye on the levels it displays, which are not clipping). I think the crackling is probably a bug.

I’ve had problems with the Colossus stuff giving me a bit of crackling and clipping too. By default, it loads in an unacceptable state. I have a really hard time keeping it dynamic, not clipping, and not too quiet. I haven’t tried Ravenscroft yet, but I definitely can’t have crackles or clipping on a piano. Must resist sales! If I bought everything that just came out and is on sale there goes $100 at least...

• edited June 2018

Some time ago, I thought Imperial in SampleTank was going to be my Holy Grail of iOS pianos, but after I got Imperial and had played for some time, I found there was something missing (just to my ears and in terms of what I was looking for for myself). Also, playing it on a Roland digital piano, I could never quite get a good velocity setting.

I no longer have that digital piano, but with Ravenscroft, even just playing around using its in-app virtual keys, I could tell the detail, dynamics, and so on were phenomenal and had what I had been missing all these years. I got an iPad starting with the first model in 2010 and have most of the main piano apps except Colossus.

So it feels wonderful to finally have the piano I had been yearning for these eight years.

• @gusgranite said:
    @Daveypoo thank you. Weird, I tried GM and didn’t think I was getting the full kit. Will test again.

If you watch the video, you can see me changing the MIDI notes to send to different pads. It's not perfect - there are more pads in BeatHawk than there are outputs in XOX, so you can't get the full 16 sample kit, but you can certainly get the 8 or so in XOX. There are times I'll use 2 instances of XOX to trigger the same BH instance so I can get the full shebang.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I was reading an old thread on RC275. Came across a great YouTube comparison of top five. RC, iGrand, Ivory, Colossus and CMP.
    Search: Test Piano Apps Stefan Gisler. Very good performances and fair comparisons. They're all very good. RC can get a little over the top but just love the hype. And it works well apparently on iPad4 and iPhone5 from a post I read,

Playing the Ravenscroft with Kawai-Masterpiano (of course with damper pedal) via Bluetooth midi. There is that pedal noise which can‘t get turned down. Harassing. Or did I miss a trick to switch that off.

• How is Beat hawk on cpu, especially when hosted as an au?

• @Satie said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I was reading an old thread on RC275. Came across a great YouTube comparison of top five. RC, iGrand, Ivory, Colossus and CMP.
    Search: Test Piano Apps Stefan Gisler. Very good performances and fair comparisons. They're all very good. RC can get a little over the top but just love the hype. And it works well apparently on iPad4 and iPhone5 from a post I read,

Playing the Ravenscroft with Kawai-Masterpiano (of course with damper pedal) via Bluetooth midi. There is that pedal noise which can‘t get turned down. Harassing. Or did I miss a trick to switch that off.

I don't have the ravenscroft, I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it or not yet, but that seems to be a theme that repeats itself in some of the reviews, that the pedal noise is much too loud.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@Satie said:

@LinearLineman said:

I don't have the ravenscroft, I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it or not yet, but that seems to be a theme that repeats itself in some of the reviews, that the pedal noise is much too loud.

It is too loud in my ears. Not when I‘m playing piano for fun. But if I would like to record something, the noise disturbs.

• @Antkn33 said:
    How is Beat hawk on cpu, especially when hosted as an au?

I find it difficult to get more than a couple other instruments going along with it on my Air 2 without maxing out.

@CrazySynthMan said:

I have the same concern. Not really hearing it in most of the YouTube demos I've listened to, though.

• My musical preferences and experience are decidedly acoustic/traditional, so I'd been waiting for a sale to give this a try. Oh my days is it phenomenal!

The tone is simply beautiful. I'm using it on my Air 1, and found the setting of the volume slider to be critical, as others have mentioned. With the app volume and device volume balanced correctly, I get no clicks or pops, and the pedal noise is proportionate even when playing very soft and delicate passages. I should note that the pedal noise varies from one preset to another, so the gain levels need to be adjusted accordingly.

Turning the 'velocity' control way up made the physical playing experience more enjoyable with my controller, which just sealed the deal completely. First rate sampling and development from UVI!

• Great demo Doug. You sold me on it. F*ck, now I'm going to have to buy a keyboard to play the thing with.

• edited June 2018

Anyone have any thoughts as to how this compares to Synthogy's Ivory available in Module? I've listened to several comparison vids and Ivory sounds a bit more lively and real but curious what you guys think. I don't see Ivory get mentioned much in comparison

• @jenkweb, checkout Stefan Gisler, Test Piano Apps on YouTube. Also the thread "Piano Poll" currently trending on this forum.
    @satie don't know about recording the RC yet, but then again I play without sustain a lot. Not a deal breaker for me but obviously causes a lot of issues. Sure wish Uvi would speak up on this forum about it. They must have a reason! I'll write them.

@ApolloVII, my sentiments exactly! The velocity curve to the max!!

• @jenkweb said:
    Anyone have any thoughts as to how this compares to Synthogy's Ivory available in Module? I've listened to several comparison vids and Ivory sounds a bit more lively and real but curious what you guys think. I don't see Ivory get mentioned much in comparison

As @LinearLineman said:

Check out this: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26407/the-piano-poll-part-2-with-new-samples

Lots of samples to compare - either all 41 or just 17 from the 17 Apps involved.

• First world problem: I just bought 2 iTunes gift cards on sale from Target so I could purchase Ravenscroft 275 and apeMatrix...and redeemed them to my other email address! :neutral:

(Hope Apple support can help quickly so I don't miss the sales...)

• edited June 2018

@Satie said:

@LinearLineman said:

Did you manage to turn the pedal noise off? This is a deal breaker for me, pedal noise should be an option for creative use. For my projects I can't have pedal noise in the mix.

• No 🤔 - the noise cannot switched off - a bad buy for me.

• edited June 2018

@Satie said:
    No 🤔 - the noise cannot switched off - a bad buy for me.

sorry to hear that but thanks to you at least others are aware of the situation through this great forum.

• edited June 2018

@Satie said:

Is the noise sound only present when somebody is using a hardware damper pedal or sustain pedal?

• edited June 2018

......double.....

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@Satie said:

Is the noise sound only present when somebody is using a hardware damper pedal or sustain pedal?

Just tested in cubasis:

• recorded sustain pedal (hardware) - noise
    • painted cc64 on the same channel - less or no noise - depending on the flanks of the signal
    • edited recorded pedal signal - less or no noise.
  • @Satie said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@Satie said:

Just tested in cubasis:

• painted cc64 on the same channel - less or no noise - depending on the flanks of the signal

I wonder if Brusfri from Klevgrand could remove the pedal noise?

https://klevgrand.se/products/brusfri/

• @Satie said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@Satie said:

Just tested in cubasis:

Thanks for testing that!

• I wrote UVI about the pedal noise. They must be aware of it. Perhaps they will deign us with a visit.

• Any difference between the iOS app and this?

• Heard back from UVI in Paris. I think we might get an answer.

• edited June 2018

Just buyed it for my iPhone 7 Plus, very nice and inspiring sound. Is it the same version as iPad? It was a 831.9 Mo download. Can’t hear any pedal sound when pressing sustain button on my Nanokey Studio. And I don’t hear any piano damper note off sound is it normal? Also, which latency setting do you use? Some random crackles here with 256 frames, 512 is safer with no crackles at all but not as reactive of course. Same thing with BeatHawk electric organs and pianos I just buyed too.

Edit: at 256 frames, RS275 sound is stable with no crackles when hosted as an AU in ApeMatrix. AU in AUM and standone mode both needs 512.