Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My current workflow struggle. Advice?

I have had some huge leaps in workflow progress over the last few weeks thanks mostly to you guys! I'm settled in on a jam type workflow out of AUM. Ideally I draft all of my ideas in AUM but then I would really love to record the midi and audio into a DAW for further processing. Recording, saving, and importing the audio is an option... but I would much rather route the audio and midi channels into a DAW and have it just record all my audio/midi into different tracks at once.

I have BM3 and figured out how to do this with audio... it was a massive pain actually (You have to create a pad and then route that into an audio track? Why make it so complex?), but midi turned out to be a dead end. For some reason when I route different midi channels into BM3 the pads only pick up "All" channels? Maybe I need to experiment more but my gut tells me that another DAW might be better at achieving this.

I have been reading the manuals for Cubasis and Garage band and it seems pretty evident that cubasis can do what I want... but I want to get some feedback before I pull the trigger on something that expensive. Is cubists the correct course of action here?

Comments

• With Beatmaker, here is what I found worked (w/ Modstep but see how it works with others).

Modstep route midi to BM3 as you'd expect. BM3/midi channel.
    As far as I could tell, the midi could only be per bank in BM3.
    And, in the bank midi menu in BM, set midi in to 'all' and then select the channel. It did not work to assign Modstep specifically to all channels or to the specific channel.

• Cubase should work here.

• @Multicellular said:
    With Beatmaker, here is what I found worked (w/ Modstep but see how it works with others).

Modstep route midi to BM3 as you'd expect. BM3/midi channel.
    As far as I could tell, the midi could only be per bank in BM3.
    And, in the bank midi menu in BM, set midi in to 'all' and then select the channel. It did not work to assign Modstep specifically to all channels or to the specific channel.

I sort of suspected that was a possibility last night but I kept trying to keep it to one bank. I'll try it again with this info and see how it works. Thanks!

• @tja said:
    Cubase should work here.

I have since watched a few sound test room videos and the capabilities are right where I am heading. Thanks for the confirmation!