Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sending midi from ipad to ableton live (PC) over USB

What is the simplest and most latency free way to send midi from my ipad to Ableton live via USB?
Do i need a ios app? I want to record midi from AUM into ableton live in real time.

Comments

• What version of Windows are you using. If Windows 10, what about Bluetooth midi?

• Mac = IDAM

Windows = studiomux

• Yes I have windows 10. So there are options using Bluetooth?

• What about midimux?

• @theinvisibleman said:
    Yes I have windows 10. So there are options using Bluetooth?

I believe the protocol was added as an update, I haven't tried it as I'm only on Win8, but if it's available I'd certainly give it a go, because I use Bluetooth midi from the iPad to external gear with really low latency.

• edited June 2018

Ok thanks man, I’m gonna look into it now! If unsuccessful I might give studiomux a try as suggested.

• @ipluckthestring said:
    Mac = IDAM

Windows = studiomux

Thanks man, midimux lead me to studiomux and now I see your post.

• If you manage to get it working let me know what it's like for latency, at a future date I may also use it, thanks. Also if the iPad app doesn't support Bluetooth midi a free app called Midimittr can route the midi from that app to Bluetooth.

• I have studiomux running on five tracks going to five separate iPads. Midi goes out, audio comes back, gets processed and goes out through a stereo pair on an MX1. It’s pretty stable once you get your configuration and latency set right.

The only annoying thing (oh woe is me) I have to relink each instance of the Vst to the pads each time. Which could get confusing until I named and color coded the tracks.

• @Ego_Likeness said:
    I have studiomux running on five tracks going to five separate iPads. Midi goes out, audio comes back, gets processed and goes out through a stereo pair on an MX1. It’s pretty stable once you get your configuration and latency set right.

The only annoying thing (oh woe is me) I have to relink each instance of the Vst to the pads each time. Which could get confusing until I named and color coded the tracks.

Five ipads! That’s impressive. Now you mention it what latency are you working with and I assume you are working at 44khz 24bit?

• I got Studiomux, got the vst in Ableton, i have the server on my desktop but Ipad does not see Ableton as a remote port, i emailed midmux a few times but they dont reply. Does anyone have some ideas on what i have missed?

• edited June 2018

@theinvisibleman said:
    I got Studiomux, got the vst in Ableton, i have the server on my desktop but Ipad does not see Ableton as a remote port, i emailed midmux a few times but they dont reply. Does anyone have some ideas on what i have missed?

Does iTunes recognise the iPad on your PC ? If not, that is the problem to sort out first. If it does, then I'm afraid i don't know what else to suggest.............sorry..............

• @Iso said:

@theinvisibleman said:
    I got Studiomux, got the vst in Ableton, i have the server on my desktop but Ipad does not see Ableton as a remote port, i emailed midmux a few times but they dont reply. Does anyone have some ideas on what i have missed?

Does iTunes recognise the iPad on your PC ? If not, that is the problem to sort out first. If it does, then I'm afraid i don't know what else to suggest.............sorry..............

Mr Iso, you are lucky you live in the internet or I would give you a big fat sloppy wet kiss! The issue was I had my lightening to camera connector still plugged in, when i checked itunes the ipad was not recognised because to use the camera connector you need it plugged into a power supply and not just into a usb slot via PC.

When i just used the lightening connector on its own itunes recognised the ipad and of course so did studiomux.

Many Thanks

• edited June 2018

@theinvisibleman said:

@Iso said:

@theinvisibleman said:

Mr Iso, you are lucky you live in the internet or I would give you a big fat sloppy wet kiss! The issue was I had my lightening to camera connector still plugged in, when i checked itunes the ipad was not recognised because to use the camera connector you need it plugged into a power supply and not just into a usb slot via PC.

When i just used the lightening connector on its own itunes recognised the ipad and of course so did studiomux.

Many Thanks

Your most welcome :)