Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DerVoco in Beatmaker 3

I added DerVoco as an AU MIDI FX app to a sound bank in Beatmaker 3 and routed MIDI from Fugue Machine to the bank and it worked as expected. I added DerVoco as an AU FX app to a sound bank in Beatmaker 3 and routed MIDI from Fugue Machine to the bank and had no sound until I used the keyboard in the DerVoco AU which what I would have expected. The Beatmaker 3 keyboard will respond to the MIDI in either instance but only the MIDI FX instance will output sound. Below is the DerVoco AU FX screenshot.

Comments

• @InfoCheck Good idea 😊

• Did you record your output in BM3? When I did something similar, it sounded great going in but BM3 did not remember the notes I played on the Der Voco keyboard when playing back the recorded audio.

• edited June 2018

@rtuckr said:
    Did you record your output in BM3? When I did something similar, it sounded great going in but BM3 did not remember the notes I played on the Der Voco keyboard when playing back the recorded audio.

I didn’t. But I would think you cannot record midi on an audiotrack.
    Maybe ask here: https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussions

However, if you want to record the audio make sure the track is armed :smile:
    Recording audio defenitly works, in my case.

• @denx said:
    However, if you want to record the audio make sure the track is armed :smile:
    Recording audio defenitly works, in my case.

Yes, recording worked but the MFX doesn't seem to receive or record any MIDI/automation in BM3. Regardless of the track type, I would have hoped that MFX was able to receive/record MIDI since you can set both port and channel. @giku_beepstreet confirmed this is a current BM3 limitation.

• For now the most flexible setup for me is: a synth on 1 bank and an audio track. Dervoco on an aux track. I use send to route audio (carrier and modulator) to the aux track with appropriate panning. Midi is recorded properly and you can experiment with live input in combination with recorded stuff...