Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best option for Djing with a iconnectivity a4+

Is it possible to cue and spin off of a single iPad with it?

Comments

• As long as the app you are using supports multiple outs, then yes

• You might want to look into Soda DJ. I think it can do what you need.
    Would I rely on an iPad for a DJ gig? Probably not.

• @wim said:
    You might want to look into Soda DJ. I think it can do what you need.

Why? Have you had one crash?
    I’ve been spinning forever, but now it’s a once in a “when you pay me really well” sort of thing. So I would rather not bring all my jank.

• Traktor DJ can do this with just about any class compliant audio interface. You can specify the interface as the main outs, and your headphone jack as the cue port.

• wimwim
    edited June 2018

@Ego_Likeness said:

@wim said:
    You might want to look into Soda DJ. I think it can do what you need.

Why? Have you had one crash?

Yes. Many, many times. Thankfully never before an audience.

That said, if you set things up as they’re going to be used, practice, practice, practice, and then don’t mess with the setup, there are far fewer things that can go wrong. Make sure you’re not relying on battery power, turn off wifi and bluetooth, set screen lock off, kill all apps that you’re going to be using, reboot before the show, etc.

There are some people on the forum who use iPads for live performance, and the above are some of the things I recall them suggesting.

• edited June 2018

The iCA4+ is really versatile in this context.
    It will supply power for 2 iPads (1 charging, 2 keep charge), thus provides a backup option.
    You may use an external path for fx or hand-on analog gear.
    Full configuration of monitor/cue paths independant from app capabilities.
    Mic input and processing.

Regarding realiability: as long as communication lines are closed (no WLAN, Bluetooth) and it's NOT your main 'I do any i-net app testing' device, I consider it very reliable after proper setup.
    Professionals will likely use a dedicated iPad for gigs - the less apps the more reliable.
    (on app crowded devices there can be strange side effects from updates or whatever)

• DJ Player Pro is the best Dj app on iOS. It plays well with every audio interface I’ve used with it, it has very flexible/easy midi mapping and supports DVS if you go that route someday.

• Awesome. Thanks for the input!